Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

That's mostly why I like it. Mutual support when bulbs are going off in their face. A reminder that someone's there through the sanity that loves you. And I do think there is intimacy in handholding like Chas said. More in the symbolism though.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Exactly Mel. That is the way that I was thinking about it as well.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforjimmy (View Post)
I don't know what it is about that hand holding but UGH. I love it
I know what you mean.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Supreme Fan

It is wonderful to see them like that, however knowing that there is nothing between them romantically kind of ruins it for me. I don't quite understand it to tell you the truth. They put on quite the show, that is for sure. It is really sad to me though, because I think that the two of them look more "real" than what he expects us all to believe is "real". He always appears to be genuinely happy, excited, comfortable, and pleased to be with Nikki. I have never seen him like that with anyone else. Just my honest opinion.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

We don't know if there was anything between them romantically or not. There could have been at the time and it might have just not worked out. We don't know.

I just choose to celebrate them in whatever capacity they are.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 12-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Supreme Fan

I support and celebrate them as well Mel, I just think that if there had been something between them, V would not still be in his life in the capacity that she is, or that they are showing us through pap pics. However, the most interesting thing that I have heard him say in interviews is that his life isn't what it appears to be. He has more or less stated this on two separate occassions although I don't recall where I read or heard it. I know that the first time was during the HSM craze, and the last time was not all that long ago. It makes me wonder what he actually meant by that response. It is one of those things that make me wonder.

Regardless of their relationship (Zac and Nikki), I still say that they put on quite the show when they are together. This isn't meant negatively by any means. It is actually a compliment to their acting abilities. They sure made it look like they were more than just friends while they were promoting. Who knows what the future may hold for the two of them. They may just end up together in the end. Nobody knows right now. Not even them.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think they were acting during promo. I think the way they acted around each other is just who they are together.

And Zac is right, life isn't as it seems much of the time.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

This discussion is depressing me. To bring some cheer...

Old 12-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh Zac, really? The sandles?

I think why I like Zikki is that you can make them out to be whatever it is YOU want them to be. Its all a fantasy, and that goes for 'real' couples too. None of us knows what really goes on behind closed doors and when the cameras are off, even with people that are actually dating. I just think the point of Zikki for me is fun whether it be fiction or fact, its just fun to see two attractive people enjoying one another's company and bonding over an amazing film. What really happened after the on screen and on camera kisses and cuddles and hand holding, we don't know. And maybe its more fun that way.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Supreme Fan

It is left up to our imaginations, but when we don't ever see them together, it is quite sad and depressing. I want to see happy Zac, and the only time that I think I see him that way is when he is alone or with Nikki. Everything else just seems so fake and for show in my opinion. This is a big part of the reason that I want Zac to hurry and sign on for Hairspray 2 and for Adam to get it started! I think it is time for some happy Zac again.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever optimistic (View Post)
It is left up to our imaginations, but when we don't ever see them together, it is quite sad and depressing. I want to see happy Zac, and the only time that I think I see him that way is when he is alone or with Nikki. Everything else just seems so fake and for show in my opinion. This is a big part of the reason that I want Zac to hurry and sign on for Hairspray 2 and for Adam to get it started! I think it is time for some happy Zac again.
Do you really think Zac is unhappy, or are you just saying this? Because I think it is an obvious lie to say that Zac isn't smiling a lot of the time since HS promotion (with or without Vanessa). Even if you want them together, I think it's cruel and weird to put down his life in order to justify that.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo Save Meღ (View Post)
This discussion is depressing me. To bring some cheer...

[url=http://www.efronfreak.com/files/2008/06/zac_efron_nikki_blonsky_nc.jpg[/url]

[url=http://www.mtv.pl/img/117/236/_zoom/zac_efron.jpg[/url]

[url=http://content7.flixster.com/photo/90/36/72/9036721_gal.jpg[/url]

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/...d9f990c801.jpg
Val, don't be depressed. There's nothing to be depressed about. As I've always said, the beauty of Nikki and Zac is in the possibility. I also think it's pretty darn impossible to "fake" a lot of the moments we saw on the promo tour. Their friendship and admiration for each other is pretty darn obvious. What's that saying...a picture is worth a thousand words. And like Chas said, we don't know what went on when the cameras went away, obviously only they know that. All we do know is that they seem to have developed a pretty cool friendship and that's awesome!

As for the happiness thing, I think it's quite a stretch to say he's only happy alone or with Nikki. We have to remember that the circumstances are different. When you're promoting a film you expect the cameras and the interviews, but when you're just trying to live your life in LA and are constantly being hounded by paps while you're trying to get your morning smoothie from Robeks, of course we're going to see an unhappy side of him. I think we need to at least give him enough credit to trust that if he wasn't happy with his life he'd change it. He's obviously happy with Vanessa as his girlfriend and Nikki as his friend and that's ok.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Supreme Fan

I believe that the constant pap pics make him unhappy. He is never smiling in them, except once in a while when he is alone. That is what I meant by him not being happy. He seems a lot happier when he is working, and that is why I want him to sign on to Hairspray 2. He has stated before that his life is not what it appears to be......his words, not mine, and that is why I stated that it appears so fake to me. It is like he is trying so hard to make people believe that all is perfect and he is happy with every aspect of his life, but then he states something like this, and that really shows you that all is not what it seems. Regardless, it is my opinion. You are entitled to yours, and I am entitled to mine. Also, I have never put down Zac's life in my opinion. He has a great career going for himself, and I am happy for him. What he chooses for his personal life is his decision, but to call someones opinion cruel, weird, or stupid in a sense is wrong. You may think that all is perfect for him, that is your opinion, and I won't say that you are cruel or weird for saying it, so please, don't say it about me when I state my opinion.

Last edited by forever optimistic; 12-26-2009 at 02:48 PM
Old 12-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Agree with what Lanie said. We don't know was has been/is or will be, but what we saw on the promo tour wasn't fake! Whether that was friendship or more, it wasn't fake, I don't like to think of Zac and Nikki as that kind of people.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever optimistic (View Post)
I believe that the constant pap pics make him unhappy. He is never smiling in them, except once in a while when he is alone. That is what I meant by him not being happy. He seems a lot happier when he is working, and that is why I want him to sign on to Hairspray 2. He has stated before that his life is not what it appears to be......his words, not mine, and that is why I stated that it appears so fake to me. It is like he is trying so hard to make people believe that all is perfect and he is happy with every aspect of his life, but then he states something like this, and that really shows you that all is not what it seems. Regardless, it is my opinion. You are entitled to yours, and I am entitled to mine. Also, I have never put down Zac's life in my opinion. He has a great career going for himself, and I am happy for him. What he chooses for his personal life is his decision, but to call someones opinion cruel, weird, or stupid in a sense is wrong. You may think that all is perfect for him, that is your opinion, and I won't say that you are cruel or weird for saying it, so please, don't say it about me when I state my opinion.
I don't think the constant pap pics make him as miserable as you claim. Sure sometimes he doesn't look enthused, but in plenty of sets this year, especially recently (probably because he had a good solid break from papping while filming Charlie St. Cloud), he looks perfectly amenable. I think your "opinion" is wrong when you continue to wrongly state, as a fact, Zac doesn't ever smile in candids (with emphasis on pictures in public with Vanessa). He does. That's a fact, and therefore not wrong.

I am not a shipper of Zac with Vanessa or Nikki - just someone who loves Zac and is interested in the facts of his life and therefore someone who respects everyone he regularly associates with, but there are lots and lots of pictures of him alone, with Vanessa, or otherwise where he looks happy/is smiling prettttty wide. Just look at pictures from last week or so, during and around her birthday. Much more importantly, it's not that I care about whether or not any of us like Vanessa or Nikki, or even Zac. I just think it's wrong to lie about his life in order to create a false situation.

When he says his life is not what it appears to be, there is a clear emphasis on the visceral components. People think he's as g-rated as Troy or Link. He's not. For example, Zac drank before he was legally allowed to. I don't think this is a huge deviation from his life, but it's certainly something that is understandably hidden from the public. The idea that all aspects of Zac's personal life are faked is really rude to him, honestly. If this is true, we know nothing about him and shouldn't be here talking. That's a personal opinion, but - since you are a big fan of Nikki's - wouldn't you feel bad if someone said that about her, repeatedly, or insinuated that she didn't know what to do with her life, or that she was ruining it by being with someone who she was happy with? I would be.

More than anything, I agree with ZacFanOnWheels, who said what I meant to, but concisely:

Quote:
I think we need to at least give him enough credit to trust that if he wasn't happy with his life he'd change it. He's obviously happy with Vanessa as his girlfriend and Nikki as his friend and that's ok.