Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
I'm not officially looking forward to 'Home Movies' the most.
I'm sure it's gonna be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
Great interview, thanks for sharing! I can already tell Home Movies is going to make me cry
You're welcome! Yeah, I think it'll be very touching too. (Though he does have a "positive" (for the lack of a better word) song about Adam too, A Daily AntheM, so I wonder if Home Movies is gonna be more like it or like Permanent.)
Old 08-10-2015, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I'm sure it's gonna be amazing.
I was already intrigued just by the title but now I'm really looking forward to hearing what this will sound like and what the lyrics will be.

Quote:
You're welcome! Yeah, I think it'll be very touching too. (Though he does have a "positive" (for the lack of a better word) song about Adam too, A Daily AntheM, so I wonder if Home Movies is gonna be more like it or like Permanent.)
We'll see really soon, I'm curious too. The title makes a lot more sense now that we know what the subject matter is.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was already intrigued just by the title but now I'm really looking forward to hearing what this will sound like and what the lyrics will be.
Me too. I love that they describe it as "poignant".

Quote:
We'll see really soon, I'm curious too. The title makes a lot more sense now that we know what the subject matter is.
It does make more sense. Who knows, it could also be about happy memories. I can't wait to find out.

==========

So, David did hear the pleas:

Nice of David to offer more Analog Heart digital copies but they were gone again in less than an hour and I missed it again. I really can't be keeping an eye on it at 3 am in the middle of the week and an advance notice doesn't help either when it comes at 2 am... I wish this wasn't such a limited offer. Well, hopefully I'll be able to get the two extra tracks later.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw Laura I'm sorry you missed it again I guess that's the disadvantage of being an international fan. We're asleep when most updates are posted and they sell out so fast.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, I was pretty bummed about it. It really is a disadvantage since they're almost always posted when it's night here. But I'll try to think positively, this saves me money and maybe I can spend it on something else cool.

=======

Lyric video for Criminals:

Old 08-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's true, and who knows, maybe he'll make those two tracks available separately later

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I certainly hope so.

You're welcome! Although the video is private now, likely because it was supposed to be a Yahoo! exclusive for 24 hours. Since the video at Yahoo is "geo-restricted" (nice new name for discrimination against non-US citizens ), I won't bother to post the link here. We'll just wait until the video on YT become public again.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even watch it yet Oh well
Old 08-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, apparently now it's exclusive to Yahoo for 48 hours because Vevo screwed up by making it public. And international fans are the ones who pay the price. Sheesh.

Luckily I watched it while it was public.

=====

Carry You is available on iTunes! I listened to the preview and it sounds awesome.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Me too. I love that they describe it as "poignant".
I love poignant.

--

That Analog Heart offer is pretty cool. I don't have the money for it but I hope the people who ordered it enjoy it.

I'm watching the lyric video right now! Is that the video you two are talking about being private?
Old 08-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I love poignant.
Me too!

Quote:
That Analog Heart offer is pretty cool. I don't have the money for it but I hope the people who ordered it enjoy it.
It's pretty expensive but I would have gotten it if it hadn't sold out before I could.

Quote:
I'm watching the lyric video right now! Is that the video you two are talking about being private?
Yes that's it. Glad it's public again!

=====

So no comments on Carry You? I think I'm gonna save it for when the album comes out (although we have heard the live version).

Quote:
'American Idol' David Cook Releases 'Carry You': Exclusive Premiere

By Michele Amabile Angermiller | August 13, 2015 12:30 PM EDT

The season 7 winner will release his first album in four years on Sept. 18.

American Idol season 7 winner David Cook will release his first new album in four years, Digital Vein, next month. Today, he's giving fans another taste of it with "Carry You," which Billboard is exclusively premiering below.

Fans can download the song instantly by pre-ordering the album from iTunes this Friday, Aug. 14.

"'Carry You' is a song that came together fairly quickly," Cook tells Billboard. "Blair Daly and I built the song around the bass line, and really wanted each instrument and vocal to have its own space. That approach helped make the song feel big and layered."

David Cook Signs Publishing Deal With Warner/Chappell

Cook said he got a feel for the song where it counted -- from the fans.

"We took the song out on the road early to get some audience feedback and got great response," he said. "That gave us a little momentum when it came time to track it for Digital Vein."

Digital Vein will be released on Sept. 18 through the Analog Heart label, to be marketed through INgrooves. On that date, fans can view a live stream concert direct from Nashville where fans can hear the new tracks performed by the 32-year old musician and his band.

The record features 13 unreleased tracks, including a rendition of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game." With the exception of "Laying Me Low," which he co-produced with Chris Reardon, Cook produced every track on the album himself, according to a release.

Check out "Carry You' below:

Source
Old 08-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Full version of Carry You: 'American Idol' David Cook Releases 'Carry You': Exclusive Premiere | Billboard
Old 08-13-2015, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link! (I was just editing the same article into my post when you posted. )

The video doesn't play for me though.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw it doesn't? It works fine for me
Old 08-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nope, it says "The video failed to load with the following error code: 502" on all browsers and devices.

But from what I can hear from the iTunes preview it's just gorgeous! I've loved that song from beginning but it's even more amazing now.

And we need a title for the next thread.