Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here's a teaser from the upcoming issue of Broken Records Magazine:

Quote:
DAVID COOK DOES ANYTHING BUT LAY LOW (teaser)

With another year of American Idol over, and another winner crowned, it’s hard to forget the “Idols” that have proven why the show was a true launching pad for talent. One, for example, has moved to Nashville and just released his latest single, “Laying Me Low.” Yes my friends, I am talking about David Cook.

His latest single, co-written by Cook along side Andrew Waldeck and Chris Reardon, is a slight departure from what his rabid fans may be used to. Lyrically, musically, and emotionally, it is a little bit darker yet still has the groove that he’s laid down through his first three records.

When speaking about the single and the other “6 or 7 strong songs,” David tells us that these songs won’t all be about “boy loves girl and love with a pretty bow on it.” Instead, his new music may be a bit darker in tone.

Recently, David decided to leave his West Coast home for somewhere a bit more musical. Since Nashville is the home of Country music, I figured I’d ask if he has decided to cross the musical line and add some Country elements. Remember, he is a Southern boy from Missouri.

Most musicians, myself included, dream about the day that we can put a platinum or gold record on our walls. I’ve never cared about a Grammy, Billboard, VMA or any other award, but a plaque that says you’ve sold 500,000 or 1 million units is the ultimate. Now that the Recording Industry Association of American (RIAA) has decided to allow streaming services to count towards those certifications, it may help independent artists reach the goal that most would never reach.

This is why fans should support their favorite artists through going to concerts and buying their merch- one thing Cook fans never stop doing. I still remember my first David Cook show February or March of 2009 in Atlantic City, NJ with Ryan Star opening. Almost everyone at that show had either a “Declaration Tour” T-shirt or a homemade Cook shirt.

If you’ve ever seen David and his band live, you know that you’re in for an actual show. His live performances don’t need crazy backgrounds and choreography- instead, Cook takes us into a journey of a rock show. After all, David is a “rock guy.” “I’m about guitar, bass and drums.”

The millions of viewers who watch American Idol were given a treat on May 2nd when he returned to the Idol stage to debut “LML.” Returning to American Idol is “always fun” he said, and David loved knowing that he only had to get on stage that one night and not “week after week like the contestants.”

In other live concert news, keep your fingers crossed for some tour dates to come along the way.

And the award for most original tattoo goes to (drum roll please)… David Cook! Recently there has been a lot of chatter about the tattoo that DC has. In the past Cook told a fan that it was the Monster Energy Drink logo. “I’m sorry to that person if they are reading this,” he added but did tell us what the tat really is.

Now in his fifth year being part of the Race for Hope in Washington DC, Team Cook raised “just over $90,000” last time he looked and the race over all took in about $2.3 million. Cook said it’s a “cathartic experience” and that when he was on stage watching the pre-roll before his recent Idol performance, he couldn’t believe it has been four year since his brother passed away.

LOOK FOR THE FULL FEATURE IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF BROKEN RECORDS MAGAZINE

Source
The full interview should be out in a few weeks, can't wait to read it!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much for posting those videos and links. The new song sounds lovely, glad David played it for us, and 'Laying Me Low' sounds great acoustic. I love it.

Quote:
This interview was made after David's performance on AI:
I need to watch this, going to do that asap! And I voted in that poll.

Thanks for posting that teaser here too, bring on the full interview! I'm so eager to hear those '6 or 7 strong songs'.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the preview of the interview!

Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Andy. The preview is great, eager to see the rest.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
Thanks so much for posting those videos and links. The new song sounds lovely, glad David played it for us, and 'Laying Me Low' sounds great acoustic. I love it.
No problem. It was a great acoustic set, I'm happy he played the new song too. And LML continues to rock!

Quote:
I need to watch this, going to do that asap! And I voted in that poll.

Thanks for posting that teaser here too, bring on the full interview! I'm so eager to hear those '6 or 7 strong songs'.
It was a great interview, always a pleasure to listen to him. The poll is in its last round, David and Kris are neck to neck meaning their fans have the most time in their hands xD.

Hopefully the full interview will be published soon! Me too, I'm sooo ready for new music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
Thanks for the preview of the interview!
You're welcome!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
No problem. It was a great acoustic set, I'm happy he played the new song too. And LML continues to rock!
Same for 'From Here To Zero', love it! If we can't get a studio recording of that song, I'll cherish the live stuff.

Quote:
It was a great interview, always a pleasure to listen to him. The poll is in its last round, David and Kris are neck to neck meaning their fans have the most time in their hands xD.

Hopefully the full interview will be published soon! Me too, I'm sooo ready for new music!
True. That's nice, actually, as I love Kris too.

Bring on the new music, David, we can't wait to hear them.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Same for 'From Here To Zero', love it! If we can't get a studio recording of that song, I'll cherish the live stuff.
Not to mention all the awesome covers he's done.

Quote:
True. That's nice, actually, as I love Kris too.

Bring on the new music, David, we can't wait to hear them.
That's what those polls really are about, nothing more. But that's fine.

Hopefully there will be more news about the next record in the interview with Broken Records Magazine (it's still not out).
Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here's the winner of the lyric video contest and the new official lyric video:

David Cook - Laying Me Low (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

I love it! Very deserving winner!

Quote:
The Winner of the "Laying Me Low" Lyric Video Contest is ...

Huge thanks to everyone who submitted a video for the "Laying Me Low" Lyric Video Contest. There were so many creative entries and they were so much fun to watch. David had a hard time choosing just one!

We're excited to announce the winner is Entry #21 by Olivia Brown! Check out her winning video below!

Honorable mentions go to Entry #32 by Kat Garcia and Entry #4 by Rodney Toribio. Great job everyone!

Source
The videos that got honorable mentions were in my top 3 too. Good taste, David!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 06-12-2013 at 09:51 PM
Old 06-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Not to mention all the awesome covers he's done.
Yes, that too!

Quote:
That's what those polls really are about, nothing more. But that's fine.

Hopefully there will be more news about the next record in the interview with Broken Records Magazine (it's still not out).
It's nothing to take seriously, just fun to vote and see how the poll progresses.

I'd like that too, talk about the new record. I'm curious to find out what else there is to the interview.

Aw, it's a great winning video. Just finished watching it again now. I also loved the honorable mentions.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's nothing to take seriously, just fun to vote and see how the poll progresses.
Exactly.

Quote:
I'd like that too, talk about the new record. I'm curious to find out what else there is to the interview.
David talking about his music is always the best thing. I'm curious too!

Quote:
Aw, it's a great winning video. Just finished watching it again now. I also loved the honorable mentions.
They're all excellent, the makers are super talented! I love them all and am happy with the winner, the song got a video it deserves. Just watched it again.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Exactly.
I haven't looked to see who won yet.

Quote:
David talking about his music is always the best thing. I'm curious too!
I can watch him talk about anything but talking about music, especially his music, is #1.

Quote:
They're all excellent, the makers are super talented! I love them all and am happy with the winner, the song got a video it deserves. Just watched it again.
Those vid makers should give us a tutorial.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, wow I remember him from Idol. I had know idea he was coming out with a video. That's cool. I'll have to check back to see it.

M i r a n d a .
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I haven't looked to see who won yet.
It was Kris.

Quote:
I can watch him talk about anything but talking about music, especially his music, is #1.
Same.

Quote:
Those vid makers should give us a tutorial.
I still couldn't make anything nearly as awesome. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandagirl (View Post)
Oh, wow I remember him from Idol. I had know idea he was coming out with a video. That's cool. I'll have to check back to see it.
Hey mirandagirl David was great on Idol. And he just released a new single called 'Laying Me Low', and the video is awesome! Here it is if you want to check it out:

David Cook - Laying Me Low (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

Enjoy!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

New show (that I just spotted yesterday )!

Quote:
99.7 The Point wants you to be their guest to see David Cook!

You, plus a guest, could be invited by 99.7 The Point to enjoy a private, acoustic set with David on Wednesday, July 3rd at their "Live in the Backyard at Aloft-Leawood" Summer Concert Series in Leawood, Kansas!

CLICK HERE for your chance to win tickets! (Note: Open to residents of Kansas or Missouri only.)

Source
Even though this is a private event, I hope we'll get some videos and pictures! (We'll probably get photos at least from the radio station's site.)

Also, as per the RFH lunch in May, David will sing the National Anthem before the Kansas City Royals game on July 4th.

(I checked and the interview with Broken Records Magazine hasn't been published yet. We'll keep waiting. )
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is an oldie but I came across it when I was looking for stuff for the anniversary and I hadn't seen this so I wanted to share.

Love what he says about Simon and his calling him "smug".