Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Blank Slate (Off Topic) #36: But now I know that I can let you go 'cause I wrote the last song I'll write for you

Welcome to the Blank Slate
[Off Topic #36]

Last time at the Blank Slate...

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Dimple! Love the title.

I thought I would've been able to post in the previous thread before you guys got it full but looks like I procrastinate too much. xD

Here's what's been going on with me lately (because I know ya'll find it so interesting ). Last Friday I got a surprise invite from my sister to go to a free concert with her here in my home town. It was called "MilJazz" which means a bunch of military bands played jazz and other kinds of music. I had no idea there's an event like that here, apparently it's annual. My sister knew about it because her friend who's making a career as a pop singer told her she'll perform there. So we went to watch her perform. There were 3 different military bands performing with 3 different (female) vocalists. My sister's friend was really awesome, she performed for example 'Rolling in the Deep' and did a real good job. Also the last band and vocalist of the night were really good! This vocalist performed for example Adele's 'Someone Like You'. It was a really cool night, a great concert and I loved spending time with my sister. I'm happy she invited me along.

Oh and yesterday evening there was this event (which is also annual) where all the shops downtown are open later than usual and they have all kinds of special offers. I went with my sister again and also her hubby was there. I bought 2 gorgeous (and heavy ) photobooks about dogs and cats, a new pair of Converse ( ) and a couple of CDs, for example Carrie's 'Carnival Ride' which I've been eyeing at for months. I got home really late and fell asleep on the couch even I even had time to set my clock alarm so it was a pure coincidence I woke up in the morning to make it to work in time. xD But luckily I did and now I'm just waiting for the weekend to start!

Hope you guys have a good weekend! Any special plans?

Alright, next up my trip to London. xD
Old 08-17-2012, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

You are more than welcome Laura This title

You sound like you've had fun!!

I'm off on holiday today so see you all when I get back

Old 08-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much for the new thread, Dimple. I love the title too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny's Dimple (View Post)
I'm off on holiday today so see you all when I get back
Have fun at your holiday, Dimple. Enjoy and have a blast.

---

Laura, I'm with Dimple. It really sounds like you had a lot of fun. You make me want to movie to Finland, seems there's a lot of fun events/places to go to.

A free concert is not something I'd pass up, that's for sure, so it's great that you went. The whole concept of military bands playing for everything (I don't know too much about Jazz, but it does sound nice) is very cool. Another cool that is that your sister has a friend who is pop singer, it's nice that you all went down there not just to have fun, but to support her. I bet she really rocked 'Rolling In The Deep'. Maybe even more than David did.

Nice that you got some cool stuff and deals! How many converses do you have now? You get a for nabbing Carrie's 'Carnival Ride'. There's some good stuff in that CD.

My days hasn't been as eventful as yours. Stayed in today, watched some TV. I'm feeling better though so my sickness right about almost gone.

In celebration of feeling better, I'm think I want to go to the beach tomorrow. I'm not going in the water, but I do need some sun.

I've been craving something from small sandwich shop I haven't been to awhile so I might go in for some of that too.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
I've been craving something from small sandwich shop I haven't been to awhile so I might go in for some of that too.
Uh, nope Jasminda. You are coming to the gym with me, knowing how much you love it.

Massive apologizes for keeping out of touch for so long. I hope all is good with my favourite gal and my favourite serial killer.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope Dimple is having an amazing time.

Quote:
Laura, I'm with Dimple. It really sounds like you had a lot of fun. You make me want to movie to Finland, seems there's a lot of fun events/places to go to.

A free concert is not something I'd pass up, that's for sure, so it's great that you went. The whole concept of military bands playing for everything (I don't know too much about Jazz, but it does sound nice) is very cool. Another cool that is that your sister has a friend who is pop singer, it's nice that you all went down there not just to have fun, but to support her. I bet she really rocked 'Rolling In The Deep'. Maybe even more than David did.
Well, sometimes we get lucky but all the action is definitely not in here. xD You're more than welcome to move here though.

The free concert was totally awesome, I'm so happy I went too! The military bands played a lot of pop music too, especially towards the end of the night. And yeah, my sister's friend is very talented so we love to support her whenever we can. She really did rock RITD, but I'd still say David did better. She's a close second what comes to covers of that song.

Quote:
Nice that you got some cool stuff and deals! How many converses do you have now? You get a for nabbing Carrie's 'Carnival Ride'. There's some good stuff in that CD.
I have 7 pairs of Converse now. xD 5 pairs of the normal (canvas) ones, one winter pair and one pair of boots. And I finally decided to give in to my curiosity and get Carrie's album since it was on sale anyway. I haven't listened to it well enough to make any proper comments but I already liked 'Last Name' a lot before I got it. And 'I Know You Won't' is the first Carrie song I ever had, love it.

Quote:
My days hasn't been as eventful as yours. Stayed in today, watched some TV. I'm feeling better though so my sickness right about almost gone.

In celebration of feeling better, I'm think I want to go to the beach tomorrow. I'm not going in the water, but I do need some sun.

Staying home watching TV sounds nice and relaxing to me. Glad you got over your sickness.

And if you ended up going to the beach, hope you had fun! We're far past beach weather here. Did you get that sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Carr (View Post)
Massive apologizes for keeping out of touch for so long. I hope all is good with my favourite gal and my favourite serial killer.
Sean Aw, your favorite serial killer? Apology accepted.

How's your week going, guys? Any plans for the weekend? Tomorrow I'm gonna ditch work early, at noon, and go get my face done. And on Saturday I'm going to my cousin's engagement party.

Oh, and I signed up for a class about music theory, it starts next Wednesday. I'm very excited!

And I'll say it here too, my guitar arrived today and I'm in love with it.

And now I need to sleep.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Carr (View Post)
Uh, nope Jasminda. You are coming to the gym with me, knowing how much you love it.

You know I'm allergic to gyms. We can go for a power walk/jog though, how about that?

So nice to hear from you, Sean! I about to think you vanished into thin air. How are you?

---------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I hope Dimple is having an amazing time.
I'm sure she is!

Quote:
Well, sometimes we get lucky but all the action is definitely not in here. xD You're more than welcome to move here though.

The free concert was totally awesome, I'm so happy I went too! The military bands played a lot of pop music too, especially towards the end of the night. And yeah, my sister's friend is very talented so we love to support her whenever we can. She really did rock RITD, but I'd still say David did better. She's a close second what comes to covers of that song.
It's more action then we get here, at least. That's pretty much guaranteed, heh. We have some events here but, music-wise, nothing of interest.

As far as your sister's friend, coming second to David is a pretty great spot.

Quote:
I have 7 pairs of Converse now. xD 5 pairs of the normal (canvas) ones, one winter pair and one pair of boots. And I finally decided to give in to my curiosity and get Carrie's album since it was on sale anyway. I haven't listened to it well enough to make any proper comments but I already liked 'Last Name' a lot before I got it. And 'I Know You Won't' is the first Carrie song I ever had, love it.
I have a feeling your converse collection will continue to grow. Watch out because before you know it, you'll be like this guy.

'I Know You Won't' is one of my fave songs from the album. I hope you can enjoy the rest of the songs. I like 'Flat On The Floor' and 'Wheel Of The World'.

Quote:
Staying home watching TV sounds nice and relaxing to me. Glad you got over your sickness.

And if you ended up going to the beach, hope you had fun! We're far past beach weather here. Did you get that sandwich?
It was. And thanks! It looks like you're the one who is sick now, though. Hope you feeling 100% soon.

The beach didn't happen, the weather was all grey. I wanted to go for a walk and a tan so it defeats the purpose. Next time, though, when the weather clears up!

I did get the sandwich though, very yummy. Now I'm craving pizza so that's next on my food hunt.

Quote:
How's your week going, guys? Any plans for the weekend? Tomorrow I'm gonna ditch work early, at noon, and go get my face done. And on Saturday I'm going to my cousin's engagement party.

Oh, and I signed up for a class about music theory, it starts next Wednesday. I'm very excited!

And I'll say it here too, my guitar arrived today and I'm in love with it.

And now I need to sleep.
Nothing much. I'm going to a small market tomorrow, they sell some nice stuff but only in the morning so I have to get there early. I have an appointment later in the afternoon.

Hope you enjoy the party and the facial! It's a facial right, not sure what getting your face done means. And a music theory class sounds interesting, I'm have to look up more about it later. Good luck.

I saw that you got that guitar already. That was fast! I'll post in that thread soon, the guitar looks gorgeous. So glad shipping wise things went smoothly.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's more action then we get here, at least. That's pretty much guaranteed, heh. We have some events here but, music-wise, nothing of interest.
Well, if the music doesn't come to you, hopefully you can go to the music and travel to some concert one day.

Quote:
As far as your sister's friend, coming second to David is a pretty great spot.
It is, she should be proud.

Quote:
I have a feeling your converse collection will continue to grow. Watch out because before you know it, you'll be like this guy.
OMG, I envy this guy. Look at all those lovely shoes. And yeah, I think my collection will continue to grow, too.

Quote:
'I Know You Won't' is one of my fave songs from the album. I hope you can enjoy the rest of the songs. I like 'Flat On The Floor' and 'Wheel Of The World'.
I am enjoying it! I like 'Flat On The Floor' and 'I Told You So' for example. But I still need to listen to it more. All I know is that I must be getting old to be enjoying country music so much.

Quote:
It was. And thanks! It looks like you're the one who is sick now, though. Hope you feeling 100% soon.
Thanks dear. I'm still not 100 % well but I'm getting there.

Quote:
The beach didn't happen, the weather was all grey. I wanted to go for a walk and a tan so it defeats the purpose. Next time, though, when the weather clears up!

I did get the sandwich though, very yummy. Now I'm craving pizza so that's next on my food hunt.
Hopefully the weather clears/cleared up, so you'll get/had a chance to go to the beach!

for the sandwich! Pizza sounds yummy too. I just made some last week.

Quote:
Nothing much. I'm going to a small market tomorrow, they sell some nice stuff but only in the morning so I have to get there early. I have an appointment later in the afternoon.
Hope you found some nice stuff to buy and your appointment went well.

Quote:
Hope you enjoy the party and the facial! It's a facial right, not sure what getting your face done means. And a music theory class sounds interesting, I'm have to look up more about it later. Good luck.
Yeah, it was a facial, not a plastic surgery. Like I mentioned, we had cake and chocolate coffee beforehand so it was a nice day. Here's what Wikipedia says about music theory. I just want to learn to understand better what I'm listening to, even though I don't sing or play myself. Thanks.

Quote:
I saw that you got that guitar already. That was fast! I'll post in that thread soon, the guitar looks gorgeous. So glad shipping wise things went smoothly.
It was fast! But there's an issue after all. I'll post in the guitar thread about it.

How was your weekend? Good I hope. Like I mentioned, I went to my cousin's engagement party on Saturday, it was nice. And last night (Sunday) my parents came to visit me, we had some cookies and ice cream. It was lovely to have them over, too.

Now it's back to work which always sucks a bit. And I think lots of TV shows are coming back from hiatuses this week so that'll keep me busy. xD

Have a good week!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

You guys!!! I went to a concert with my cousin and her hubby on Saturday. It was so much fun. I hate that I'm leaving next Wednesday.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's awesome, Dimple! What concert was it? Aw, it sucks when a trip comes to an end but looks like you've been having a really good time so you'll have great memories.

My music theory class starts today! I'm excited but also nervous, what if I suck at it?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont' think you know her. She was a contestant on the Chinese version of X-Factor. It was a pretty amazing concert. I will definitely have some amazing memories from this trip.

Aww, you won't suck at it.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I probably don't. But I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the concert! Concerts are really awesome. When you come home, you'll have to tell us all about your trip.

Aw, thanks bb. Hopefully the class will be really interesting and enjoyable. I'll have to see if I have an extra notebook lying here somewhere that I can take with me to the class.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even know who she was tbh. I will, don't worry.

No probs bb You will ace the class

Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The most important thing is that it was a great concert. Okay, looking forward to it!

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence. It's for fun anyway so it should be good.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was, it was her first concert since she finished participating too. I'll give you all the juicy gossip

That's good, I always learn more when I'm having fun.