Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode discussion: "How to Succeed in Bassness" {3x07}

How to Succeed in Bassness
3x07 // Premiering: October 26, 2009

Description: CHUCK BASS OPENS A CLUB AT HIS NEW HOTEL / ALBERT HAMMOND JR. PERFORMS IN THE EPISODE — In need of publicity for his new hotel, Chuck (Ed Westwick) decides to move up his club’s opening and enlists Serena’s (Blake Lively) help to get the word out to her celebrity clients. Feeling left out of the planning, Blair (Leighton Meester) attempts to win Chuck’s approval by secretly helping him with a problem concerning opening night. Dan (Penn Badgley) is unnerved when he finally watches one of Olivia’s (guest star Hilary Huff) infamous sex scenes with co-star and real-life boyfriend at the time, Patrick Robinson (guest star Simon Miller). Jenny (Taylor Momsen) is forced to choose between her relationship with Eric (Connor Paolo) and her new role as Queen Bee. Rufus (Matthew Settle) gets Lily (Kelly Rutherford) into the Halloween spirit. Chace Crawford also stars. Joe Lazarov directed the episode written by Sara Goodman (2.23).

RULES:
1. All the sneak peaks and promotional stills should only be discussed/shared on this thread and nowhere else on the board (or the fanforum for that matter except other "Episode Discussion" threads).
2. Although we all share common love for Nate - we may not feel as positively about other characters, but just keep in mind to be respectful as others may have other characters they like besides Nate. Same for ships.
3. Remember to respect other posters.
4. No graphics of this episode can be used as an icon/posted as an art before the episode airs.
5. Absolutely no talk about illegal downloading is permitted.
6. Enjoy yourself!

Sincerely,
Your moderators Nikki & Gisele.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! Haha can't wait for the DN scenes.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

3x07

This is more like it. I’m really enjoying these episodes.

OMG, the promos did nothing, but dude! Rufus is making the pumpkins KISS. Like, I didn’t notice in the promos, but when he was doing it, it clicked. LOSER!

Lily and Jenny scenes overload. WTF. J wants to keep all her clothes.

“This is a business, not a high school party.” OMG, the tension is so thick. Good to know they didn’t brush things under the rug. I think this episode rocked for them.

Chuck wants to do it HIS way. And he leaves and B makes a call. Oh, Blair-Bear. *sighs*

DN scene. *deep breath* “Do you not get Internet in Brooklyn?” Dude, Natie, THERE you are! I missed you.

S is working. KC is not a fan of Olivia and Dan. Patrick is nothing, he needs this for his career. Who cares?

Eric and Jenny walking to school. OMG flannel comment. My poor baby.

Jenny is so NOT as amazing has Blair.

Ah, Jonathan. Hmm…I mean, I’m still pissed about the CHEATING thing, but damn, I admit, I missed him. Ah, they’re adorable. And Eric’s with someone other than Jenny.

Jenny tells the boys to move down. Umm…SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE. Don’t sit under them. The steps are pretty big last time I checked. WTF. You know Blair would sit one above them and keep petting Eric’s hair.

Or is that just me. *cough* *resists the urge to pet Eric* my baby!

Jonathan. And thus, I shall approve of you until someone better comes along. BEST QUOTE! “That mask is becoming her face.”

BURN! BEAUTIFUL. Hehe *pets Jonathan on the head* Good boy.

So DN are watching. “Dude, it’s an orgasm.” ROTFLMAO. YOU TELL HIM, NATIE! OMG, I love him tonight. And I didn’t even CRY during DN. (Okay, I got CN. And TOUCHING and where’s my CN icon..*giggles*)

Olivia calls. Dan fakes a cough. OMG, Nate LAUGHED. Guys, that LAUGH killed me. DO IT AGAIN, NATIE! *SWOON*

BS. B tells S her plan. *sighs*

Chuck calls S and B puts it on speaker phone and listens.

OMG! LILY IS STILL INVOLVED WITH BASS INDUSTRIES! You all heard this, right? *SQUEAL* (I’m never getting an LC scene am I?)

Chuck wants to open on Halloween. But keep B away. Chuck hangs up.

“I’m sorry…looks like Chuck still hasn’t forgiven you.” *sighs*

GUYS! GUYS! 2x07! It’s an anniversary episode! Brooklyn Inn! Horace! OMG, I hope he never leaves. I LOVE IT!! He can be Chuck’s father figure now!

Chuck and Nate are TOGETHER. DO YOU SEE THIS! MY BOYS ARE TOGETHER! TOGETHER! OMG, talking. And whatever, Nate asks about B and are they in a fight and I’m sorry to the BN fans, but damn, CBN – OTP and I love that Nate’s so casual about BC.

Another BS convo. S says it’s not about the kiss; it’s about trust. “Not about you.” Right. Yes. Blair listened. OMG, BEAUTIFUL look. She doesn’t know what that phrase MEANS. It’s ALWAYS about her. Silly Serena!

VANYA! *SQUEAL* OMG, I love him. (So does Dorota!)

And OMG. OFF SCREEN!

Lily said CHARLES. CHARLES. *swoon* I love when she says his name. So loving. WHERE IS MY DAMN SCENE?!?! Mommy wants to support her baby. Rufus, WHY YOU FAIL?

Vanya and Lily giggle. Hehe omg, that’s too cute.

Jonathan! Keep it up and I might fully, totally approve! He goes and sits ABOVE the girls! WIN! Jenny goes to confront him. Eric sits beside him. And the Mean Girls spill yogurt on…ERIC. Why Eric? I don’t understand that. But! OMG, WHERE IS MY Blair/Eric scene. THEY CAN TALK ABOUT YOGURT IN THEIR HAIR TOGETHER! WHERE IS THIS!?!?!?!!!!???

Olivia comes over. Talk about sex tape. It was all publicity. Yada yada. Oh, let’s talk about those condoms. Okay.

Serena and KC. S lies about Olivia and Dan.

And Chuck needs a liquor license.

BEST.MANTRA.EVER.

“What would Bart Bass do?” *SQUEAL* I got my Bart mention. *SQUEAL*

And he gets his license.

And B gets a text from JACK BASS. And he’ll be back. *deep breath* Who’s ready for that one?

Rufus. WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE THAT? GET OFF MY SCREEN. MY EYES!

Eric comes home early. Lily wonders why. “Ask Jenny.”

Dorota is ticklish. And misses Vanya. Because Blair keeps them apart because Dorota can’t leave Miss Blair. Unless Chuck is around.

He says he wanted to do it alone. He brought her an outfit.

Serena, Dan, Olivia. S tells O about Patrick coming and fake it is the plan. She’ll do it.

Dan, the gansta, SURPRISE! DOES NOT GET WHY. OMG, you’re a ******. You don’t get ANYTHING.

Jenny and Lily talk. Again. WHERE IS MY LILY/CHUCH SCENE?!?! OMG. (I swear to god, that’s Misty’s pic. WHY!!)

Jenny explains about Queen and Lily makes her apologize. Or her friends. Whatever.

CBS at the club. Uh oh. The guy drops Jack’s name. S won’t take the heat and they realize B did it. And Chuck disinvites B.

GUYS! SHE MIGHT HAVE JUST REDEEMED HERSELF. I mean, maybe a hug because I still need her apology, but DID YOU HEAR THIS!

SERENA PICKED CHUCK OVER BLAIR!

I’m alive. I think. My heart stopped for a second in awe. FINALLY!

We come back from commercial with a film-gradient theme red carpet.

Serena/Nate! “What’s wrong, don’t have any more friends to screw over?” BURN. I giggled way too much. But Nate came to Chuck’s opening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEAL* MY BOYS.

There’s something with Jenny and the girls and I didn’t listen.

Dorota’s cleaning at B’s dorm. They’re playing chess!! Hehe.

There are flowers.

SEE! JACKASS SHALL RETURN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily paid Vanya to bring over kids. Awww. OMG, I like Lily/Vanya scenes. *giggles*

WHERE IS MY CAP. SOMEONE MAKE ME A CAP/ANI. THERE WAS TOUCHING. CHUCK AND NATE TOUCHED. I DIED. THERE WAS TOUCHING. I MISS TOUCHING!!!!!!!

B arrives. And Chuck’s outfit is SMOKING! Good god 20s works for this cast like you can’t imagine!

Chuck knows about the fake license. They are 100000% on the same wavelength. He already called cops and she’ll deal with paparazzi. THIS is the Blair/Chuck that I MISS.

Eric’s outfit! Dude, I can’t remember what it’s called. OMG, and that’s annoying me. But it’s ADORABLE. CAN I STEAL HIM?!?!!? *cries* the visor?

Jenny apologizes and I was confused but alas, nope. She faked it. Weeee

The girls egged Jonathan. OH NOES! *cries*

WHERE IS MY CE SCENE?!

There’s some S/KC and O/D scene. Whatever.

COPS ARRIVE! Shut it down. Get out. Take liquor.

Blair and Chuck watch and S is all, WHA?!

“Why would I stop them? I called them.” BEAUTIFUL. Because better he does it than wait for Jackass too. Besides, the publicity? For his hotel? So worth it.

And S cries. OMG, enough. Nate used her last week. B did this week. HELLO. Why are you surprised. (I want CBN!!!!!!!)

“We belong together.” YES YES YES! They think the same thoughts. They know how to do it!

“Remember when you chose Chuck? So did I.” BEUATIFUL. GOLDEN. I choose Chuck, too!

And Rufus knows Lily set it up. *yawn*

Olivia liked about not dating Patrick. She did. She tells Dan about his failing career. S finds them. Takes them into the paps. They kiss. But what about Patrick? Improv! S is!

Blair/Chuck talk. Hotel’s reservations or whatever went up 50%. YAY!

He understands about the trust thing. “It keeps things interesting.” But as long as it’s not used against each other. They work better together against others. I AGREE.

YES YES YES! We called it. DAN MENTIONED HIS LOVE. I mean his bestie. She’s at her sister’s gig in Albany. Aw, that was beautiful.

I didn’t get the full text but the mean girls are so proud they almost made Jonathan cry. NO!

Jenny and Eric. Eric knows. NO ****! His BOYFRIEND got egged. Hello!

She doesn’t get it. And she even refers to them as siblings.

“I want nothing to do with you in either world.” I LOVE YOU BABY. Can I have BCE now?

Horace and BC. HEHE. Chuck wants a REAL speakeasy with passwords and doors and *SQUEAL* I WANT THIS TOO!

“Your father would be proud of you.” I LOVE IT. Horace, please don’t leave. You are amazing. God, I love that this is a throw back to 2x07.

Blair and Serena fight now. S. it’s YOU the one who won’t have friends. Whatever.

Blair and Chuck kiss. But I still want more. This is 3x07! WHERE IS THE LIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alas, they are super hot together. Hottest couple ever!

And Jenny’s emptying out her closet. Good bye sewing machine. *yawn*

DID YOU SEE PROMO?! Vanderbilt and election and I saw Trip and I couldn’t hear a word that happened.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for your review Jackie. I always appreciate you doing it every week
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I love doing it!

So Nate got screen time. And he was sceen with Dan, Chuck and Serena. WOW.

But dude, seriously. His laugh? SO HOT.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, i'm glad it's about time that Chace gets things to do.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I totally agree.

AND IT WAS NOT ABOUT A GIRL!

OMG, I love it. The past two eps weren't about a girl. (because SN was about family/Carter...)
Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Omg the DN was priceless. Nate reads movie blogs
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST CAPS OF CHACE IN PLAID? PLEASE?

I didn't watch the rest of the episode, but the DN part was hysterical.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

icon: tumblr |B
Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

^ look at him on the second cap

and thanks so much for the review! Was so much fun to read
Old 10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks! lol @ their faces in the first cap. Love them.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My favorite people! Nate's face is priceless!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Him in that plaid shirt was just but I don't really have much else to say about the episode, lol.