Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode discussion: "The Grandfather part II" {3x08}

The Grandfather part II
3x08 // Premiering: November 2, 2009

Description: JIMMY FALLON & HILARY DUFF GUEST STAR — Olivia (guest star Hilary Duff) says something she regrets during her appearance on Jimmy Fallon’s (Fallon playing himself) talkshow and tries to keep Dan (Penn Badgley) from finding out. With election day around the corner, Nate (Chace Crawford) suspects his grandfather (guest star James Naughton) will stop at nothing to get Trip (guest star Aaron Tveit) elected to congress. In the midst of another feud with Serena (Blake Lively), Blair (Leighton Meester) befriends a new “it” girl and takes her to an election night party at Chuck’s (Ed Westwick) hotel, hoping to make Serena jealous. Taylor Momsen, Jessica Szohr, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. Mark Piznarski directed the episode written by Lenn Rosenfeld.

RULES:
1. All the sneak peaks and promotional stills should only be discussed/shared on this thread and nowhere else on the board (or the fanforum for that matter except other "Episode Discussion" threads).
2. Although we all share common love for Nate - we may not feel as positively about other characters, but just keep in mind to be respectful as others may have other characters they like besides Nate. Same for ships.
3. Remember to respect other posters.
4. No graphics of this episode can be used as an icon/posted as an art before the episode airs.
5. Absolutely no talk about illegal downloading is permitted.
6. Enjoy yourself!

Sincerely,
Your moderators Nikki & Gisele.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the thread Gisele

Awwe i can't wait for it ! A lot of screentime for Chace
Old 11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully Nate gets tons airtime!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! If Chace doesn't get a lot of airtime I'll punch a wall.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

thnx 4 da thread G
Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully this episode is a lot different than The Magnificent Archibalds
Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

As if this makes a difference:
Quote:
Spotted: S dining at Perry St. with new boyfriend Patrick Roberts. The paparazzi snapped tons of pics of them leaving the restaurant. D dropping off some chicken soup from Katz’s at the van der Woodsen apartment. Word has it J is sick. But who’s ruling Constance?? Olivia heading into 30 Rockefeller Center. She’s doing an appearance on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. V with a camera filming N and Trip doing some last minute campaigning at the Yorkville library. Trip was reading to a group of kids while their parents watched. Also in campaign land, B and C overseeing staff members at the Empire Hotel. They were getting ready for Trip’s election night party. Will he win? Will he lose? Tune in to your local news to find out.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

AMAZING Nate episode. SO MUCH!

3x08

I love that Chuck and Blair are a part of the campaign. (Preparing for Nate...in 10 years…*cough*)

KC wants Patrick around politicians.

Dan and Olivia wake up and mention V’s absence. *giggles* hehe *cough* And then they mention Jimmy Fallon and Olivia gets all sketchy.

CN! Oh man, I love these boys. Chuck’s new place. B loves the surveillance. Hehe. He says it’s naughty.

VANESSA! CAMERA! YAY! *SQUEAL* the NV and CV girls can be happy then?

Grandfather. He called Chuck Charles. Hehe. Can Lily and Grandfather talk about Charles one day? Oh man. I have issues.

Maureen…

Grandfather and Nate talk. “Nothing short of a miracle.” Dun dun dun

Olivia and Serena are talking. And Dan comes and it’s awkward because of the Jimmy Fallon thing so the girls talk about guys and Dan’s awkward because his current girlfriend is talking to his ex girlfriend about her current boyfriend, who is Olivia’s ex. *blinks* His wording was hilarious, but I wasn’t fast enough to catch it.

Blair is walking towards her room. S left Olivia’s. S wants a latte. She’s willing to let it slide. Hi. Have you met Blair? So they’re sad.

Amalia is there. (I like this one..she can be the new Isabel/Kati, yes?) “I need a friend, stat.” “I’m your friend.” (OMG, she’s adorable.) “Please. I’m not friends with staff.” I love you, Blair Waldorf. Never change, k, thx.

Trip and Nate. Ah, can Trip become a regular? I have fallen in love with him.

Someone is drowning! He goes in. V’s filming.

And we’ve cut to the news. DUDE. I was like..why is New York news playing and it took a moment to realize it’s part of the SHOW. Brilliant!

Nate doesn’t trust Grandfather.

Vanessa’s so happy. Her rescue footage will be used!!! And we got a V/S scene.

SN. Nate’s not a fan of hers. “My job’s at stake!” And I didn’t get the full convo, but I’m TeamNate! Because his cousin’s political career was/is at stake, Serena! Boo hoo.

Trip comes along and asks if S will be there. So she’s got her invite.

Blair’s got FOUR minions. Nice. And she stops a … coveted bag. (I’m not a fashion/accessory person, leave me be.) So she invites this girl. Brandice. (We’ll call her that since I haven’t a clue.)

Scrabble. Humphreys. Lucky you, Olivia.

WHERE IS ERIC! He’s with Jonathan watching the results. (Or they’re at the party but…Chuck’s..busy…with..girls…press…yes, we’ll believe this… *cries*)

Jenny’s sick. NO MAKE UP. Look how pretty. (I mean it. She’s pretty without the makeup.)

Olivia deletes the text on Dan’s phone.

Vanessa’s looking at the footage and spots a boo-boo. Oopsies.

Serena goes to Patrick. He’s hot. And drinking as S tries to be serious (and I try to care..)

NV! She tells Nate that it was a set-up. “I have it all on tape.” She doesn’t want to be part of a cover-up.

And Nate calls New York 1. And I’m still cheering him on. Because Chuck is his BEST FRIEND, guys. Natie’s LEARNING. I’m proud. BC would be, too. *pets Natie*

There’s some S/P and B/Brandice stuff. And then BS.

“No one’s ever accused you of saying no.” BURN. I love you, Blair. Tis true.

Dan watches Jimmy Fallon.

V comes to the party and talks to the producer and realizes she’s been duped.

Dan rushes out and tells Olivia to stay. Jenny realizes she owns a laptop! The girls run to check.

Ew, 5 hours of board games. Either Eric is at Chuck’s hotel or he ran away. *shivers* oh.my.god. wow

J/O watch the Late Night stuff. Blah blah. I really don’t care.

S/P. He tells S that B’s friend is a call girl. *blinks* Yeah.

NV. He had to protect his cousin! And the self-righteous quote from the promo is to Vanessa.

The news reports the hoax. And thus, this is why I love BV. Because they can match. V’s not afraid of the UES. You go girl!

Nate gets everyone out as the Vanderbilts talk. Trip’s not happy and he’ll resign if Grandfather doesn’t come clean. But it’s not him! And..I believe him. Because Blair, Chuck, & Grandfather would SMIRK. Grandfather is not happy either. It wasn’t him, guys!!!

So my initial reaction is Buckley’s?

And then Trip says he’s going to withdrawal but he needs to tell Maureen first.

And I knew it was this bitch. FAIL. (Blair, can you talk with her..because I’d love her to rip Maureen a new one.)

S confronts Brandice. “Two blondes make a right.” LMAO! Oh, S. She’d know… *cough* sorry.

Chuck’s trying to talk with a reporter but he seems drunk!douche!Patrick without pants. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but wow. Security’s on him. Chuck’s that good.

S tells B her friend is a hooker.

BCS. Ah, I miss these three.

“The only prostitute here is you.” Oh, Blair. (Besides..not the only! Natie, too. Oh, wait, we’re over that storyline. Carry on.)

And BC go away and S pushes her into the cake.

Pause. Commentary time.

The MOMENT someone calls S something mean she goes into … I don’t even know what to call it. But Chuck called her a train wreck. She sabotaged his business meeting. Blair called her a prostitute and S pushes her into the cake. Real mature, S. Are we 5?

Nate takes the stage and takes the blame because he loves his cousin! PLEASE! TRIP. DO NOT LEAVE! I love you.

Vanessa’s filming this.

Nate says Trip had no knowledge of it. And says great things but I wasn’t fast enough to write it. But it was beautiful. I love you Nate Archibald.

Serena and Chuck! *SQUEAL* Alas, he doesn’t really take sides. He just KNOWS his girlfriend and pretty much tells S she should know Blair, too. DUH. Amazing scene. I watched and then it ended and I couldn’t write what he said because I was pure happiness. But, “I’m telling you.” FIX IT, bitch.

Dan and Olivia. The spider story was false like Fallon called it. He was sweating. SURPRISE. Hi, Dan Humphrey. But the reason he left the van der Woodsen home was because he forgot their one month. Everyone awws, I just roll my eyes.

Trip thanks his cousin.

AND!! HE WON. And YES! He’s 26. And I kid you not, I jumped and squealed because I’ve been trying to figure out how old Trip is since 3x06. *cough* I already mentioned my issues! Leave me alone!

“You’re the only honest man in the family.” Yeah, that’s gonna come back, ain’t it?

It’s the beginning of a new Vanderbilt dynasty! Dun dun dun (Natie’s still gonna be a senator in my eyes, btw.)

Blair/Serena. “I’m sorry.” But you’re too late, S.

Blair says S was always #1 and now B’s in college and in a working relationship. S is losing her family, something with Carter, and her job is dating a failing celebrity.

“And you’ve lost Nate; one of your oldest friends.” Blair ‘ships ‘em bitches! *giggles*

Blair’s done, though.

She finds Brandice and the girl confesses. “Eww.” I love you, B.

“You used me to meet new clients?!” hehe I love Blair. She says the best things.

S/P. “That’s what you get paid for.” BURN.

And S writes “KC I quit” on a napkin and gets Patrick to take it to KC. Good bye. And thus, see, you’re job sucks. You lost your BFF for it. Bravo, Serena.

Blair and Serena catch each others’ eyes but B goes back inside.

Maureen and William. I WAS RIGHT! Maureen did it. But! She wanted Grandfather out of their lives. And now Grandfather had no credibility. I still hate Maureen.

Blair is lying in bed as Chuck enters. He says he thought she went home or else he would have come sooner. *SWOON* And he gets in behind her. 3x02 switch? I love these two.

“That’s okay. I have you. That’s all I need.” And my heart broke for BS. Because they really do need each other.

I don’t understand was Vanessa was doing in the end. Looking at her footage?

Dan and Olivia and Fallon and something. *shrugs*

BC are adorable and B’s heartbreaking.

And Serena’s at the bar. Trip comes around. He wants to listen. This is gonna explode.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hm, seems like a good episode for Nate. I have half an hour to decide if I want to watch it
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

DO IT! Nate's great. Grandfather is around a lot. I am officially in love with Trip Vanderbilt.

Natie still not a fan of his girl, but alas, it works for them.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

I seriously LOVED this episode for Nate! And you were right Jackie, NV were tolerable wow.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

NV seems very platonic.

This was a great Nate episode. People are bitching about too much Vanderbilt. Are you effing kidding me? I say they should be around this much every episode.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

Nate I love you This was pretty darn awesome!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched the Nate scenes and I have to say, THIS is the Nate i've been hoping for. A little bit dirty and a little bit conflicted. You have no idea how haaaaapppy I was when he bitched out both Serena and Vanessa plus, I love how he called the NY1 news and how in the past couple of episodes they've been showing Nate's brains. Because damn, it's about time.

Still not watching GC though
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I'm glad you watched his scenes, Gisele. You pratically watched half the episode. lol

I love him playing dirty and conflicted and caring and being a bitch. Ah, MORE LIKE THIS ALWAYS!