Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anything but simple (View Post)
I think we've all come to the consensus that Lift Me Up has amazing lyrics, every single one of us chose that as one!
The message it conveys through its lyrics is just... magical. I can't really describe why, but when it comes to being inspired by a set of lyrics, it's one of my very favourites.

Lift Me Up was on the AT&T Team USA Olympic soundtrack a couple of years ago - does anyone know if Kate wrote the song specifically for that or whether it had already been written?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was written specifically for that... I seem to recall she had like two weeks to write it and record it.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

New Question: Of all the episodes Kate has been in, which is your favorite (in terms of Mia scenes, not overall episodes) and why?

*Stephanie
Old 07-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

The one I immediately thought of was For Tonight You're Only Here to Know, for the simple reason that that was the first episode in which Kate really interacted with everyone. Up to that point she'd been sort of Haley and Peyton's pet project, still finding her feet out on her own, but when they're all stuck in that library she really started to come out of her shell. And her acoustic version of Wish You Were was heartbreakingly beautiful.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

That's definitely a great one! I love all of her scenes in that one, especially when she starts the thing with telling each person the good things about them

I think my favorite would have to be 6x14. Mia had scenes with both Haley and Chase, and they were awesome scenes. I love how she went to Haley for dating advice and how Haley helped her, and I also loved the whole semi-awkward first date thing Mia and Chase had going on, it was so adorable!

*Stephanie

Last edited by anything but simple; 07-18-2010 at 04:27 PM
Old 08-10-2010, 05:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Giving this thread a, as appreciating Kate is ridiculously easy.

Anyone got a question that we can all put our two cents (pennies for me, heh) in for?

Old 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anything but simple (View Post)
That's definitely a great one! I love all of her scenes in that one, especially when she starts the thing with telling each person the good things about them

I think my favorite would have to be 6x14. Mia had scenes with both Haley and Chase, and they were awesome scenes. I love how she went to Haley for dating advice and how Haley helped her, and I also loved the whole semi-awkward first date thing Mia and Chase had going on, it was so adorable!
I think that's my favourite too! I love when she dumps all her clothes out on the piano and starts freaking out about not having dating clothes
Old 10-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

New question for you guys:

What do you hope that Kate's 3rd album is like?
'Cause I have overcome,
More than words will ever say
Old 10-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I hope Kate's next album will be made of more awesomeness like her first two Pretty much similar styles with more evolved songwriting. And of course, a few acoustic songs too.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

I hope that it keeps the same nice mixture of songs like the last two albums. I love that Kate is so diverse on her albums, with pop/rock/fast/slow/etc. songs on them so I hope it continues like that!

*Stephanie
Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm hoping for a few more soft songs like Unfair and We The Dreamers.
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

That kind would be nice. I'm looking forward to something similar to Sweet Silver Lining, maybe a few like High Road that we got a little preview of...

*Stephanie
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, one of those songs that are inspiring and cheer you up. We know for sure that High Road is one of those kinds of songs, which sounds great from the part that we got to hear, and I'm really excited to get to hear all of the lyrics to it.
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if Kate will be doing a new song on LUX or one that we already know...she never mentioned it anywhere, did she?

*Stephanie
Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Not that I know of. I really hope that it's a new song. She's got a bunch of new songs because she's working on her third album so the crossover episode would be a great opportunity for her to sing one. She'd probably mention it if it were a new song. She'd probably tweet or blog about her singing a new song just before the episode. I definitely hope that it's a new one.
'Cause I have overcome,