Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis (View Post)
Yeah Good for him! Bad for us
Pretty Much I'm glad he's escaped but man I miss seeing pics of him haha
Old 09-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least we know that Rob is back in London now. I'm completely content with these news for the time being. But I want other news soon.

Quote:
And I know many people would disagree with this, but I do think that Damon is a character that possesses many many layers, and Ian does a fabulous job portraying him. Not to say Stefan doesn't, but sometimes people are so dismissive of Damon's character as 'the villian', it makes me sad.
*bows down to you* I keep saying that whenever I talk to my QaF co-mod and she completely agrees with me - and rants about people that don't get it. You should read my LJ entries about the latest episodes. I'm always in a rant mood afterwards - including the comments.

Okay, back on topic now.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm gonna vote Stephen Moyer just to be different. True Blood is pure awesome.

Really I like all the boys up. Just my two cents though, I don't think Ian is overrated at all, I know it may seem that way when confronted with Damon fangirls all the time, but considering Ian's experience as an actor and age, he's in fact very under appreciated.
I would vote for Stephen but the other guys on the poll look better so...yeah.

I agree, I don't think so as well...Damon probably is overrated but Ian is not.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah Good for him! Bad for us
Exactly But hey I ma ok with that. Pretty soon there will loads of Rob news seems as BD pre production and filming is coming up
Old 09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You should read my LJ entries about the latest episodes. I'm always in a rant mood afterwards - including the comments.
I don't have you on LJ! I want to

Yeah, he can't hide for much longer now, so we'll let him enjoy it.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, he can't hide for much longer now, so we'll let him enjoy it.
Very True
Old 09-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I know many people would disagree with this, but I do think that Damon is a character that possesses many many layers, and Ian does a fabulous job portraying him. Not to say Stefan doesn't, but sometimes people are so dismissive of Damon's character as 'the villian', it makes me sad.
I really don't want to be starting anything here, but saying that people are so dismissive of Damon's character is just sooo strange, because when dealing with the TVD fandom, Damon is nothing but a god to the majority of those fans Stefan is very much a character with tons and tons of layers and us Stefan fans are finally getting the chance to see those layers this season, but still everything always goes back to Damon. I know that Ian does a wonderful job with Damon's character, just as I know that Paul does a wonderful job with Stefan's character, but I have been kicked in the guts by Damon fans so much, that it makes me wonder why I bother. If you don't like Damon then you are considered to be stupid and not understanding, or that you are weird because you like the much less popular brother It makes me sad to be a TVD fan.

Also I totally didn't mean Ian being overrated, I meant Damon So I am sorry if I hurt anyone by saying that. I truly enjoy Ian and I have liked him for many years

It's like when people say that Rob is overrated I get so defensive when people say that, because he isn't overrated at all, Rob deserves every accolade that he gets, he has worked hard and he has done it in a way that makes many people love him. He has been nothing but humble, gracious, sweet, self depracting and very appreciative towards his fans. The fact that he is gorgeous is just a bonus for us women
Old 09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

but let's face it... 75% of Damon fans love him because of Ian
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe-seer (View Post)
but let's face it... 75% of Damon fans love him because of Ian
100% agree. same way I feel about Jacob fans. I love Damon but recently...well for a lot time I haven't been.

Now I love Edward cause of Edward.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree Tia I have always said that most J fans are not team Jacob they are team Taylor and his abs But just like you I team Edward because of Edward and who he is. When I was reading the first part of Twilight I did not even know who was playing Edward. He had already stolen my heart while reading that book before I knew Rob was playing him.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really like that assumption, because really almost the same can be said for Rob, just the other way around. Most people seem to only love Rob because he's the Edward representation, but that isn't always true yet people say it all the time. People can like Jacob's character without his abs being a selling point . We can admire Taylor's physical attributes without it meaning that's all we care about.

Nikki - I think it's a matter of perception about the Damon/Stefan thing Some might say Damon is a god to everyone, but to non-stefan fans, Stefan is the one that's overrated . Honestly I prefer them both, but I find I end up having to defend (and not here, I mean in general) Damon more . We all think the popular things we dislike, or not prefer I suppose, are over-hyped. But the TVD fandom is strange, I'm solely a lurker. I watch the show, adore it, and that's it for me. I can't get involved the crazy

As for the Rob being overrated thing though, I think it would be very easy to make that arguement. In all factual evidence, Rob is only 24, he isn't critically acclaimed, he hasn't done anything monumental in films, etc etc. He's talented, and of course he's hard working, sweet, humble and all the things you mentioned, but his fame came through a fluke. I obviously adore him to death But the little movie snob in me is more anxious to see fully what he's capable of

Anyway, I think we need some news We need something better to talk about

Dean&Castiel

Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Oh I agree on the Rob/Taylor thing I know plenty of women and girls who solely like Edward because Rob is so dreamy The same can be said about both and who cares if Team J fans like J because of his abs, it doesn't detract from Rob being liked so who cares I freaking HATE the character of Jacob, but I don't hate on Taylor because of it, infact I am finding Taylor more and more tolerable, especially when he is with Rob. Those two are hilarious together. And I will definitely admit to loving Edward sooo much more when I found out that Rob was playing him

Ash - I guess it's just different interpretations of things. I have been so bashed by Damon fans for being a Stefan fan, so I guess that is my experince and that is what I base my facts around But I completely understand what you are saying I love both Ian and Paul, I just connect better with Stefan's character

Quote:
but his fame came through a fluke
Lots of high end actors get their start through a fluke. I believe Rob deserves all his success and fame, he worked hard just like every other actor does. This is just the start for Rob, he has sooo much more that he can do, and his films like Bel Ami and Water for Elephants will hopefully prove this and that the critics and haters will stop hating on him just because he played Edward Cullen.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is just the start for Rob,
That's exactly my point though I'm not saying he's completely 'undeserving' but he certainly did not work as hard as many other actors did. I think his humbling nature makes him deserving, but that's not to say that most of the fame was kind of handed to him overnight. Rob even himself admits that he kind of fell into acting, he wasn't fully actively pursuing it, it was just the easier alternative for him. I'm not trying to discredit him in anyway, I'm just looking at the big picture. Like you said, it's films like Bel Ami and WFE that will fully show his capabilities. Until then, it's very easy to make a valid arguement countering the Robert-mania .

Quote:
Lots of high end actors get their start through a fluke.
And this is true, lots of high actors get their fluke, that's kind of how show biz works. But they don't prove themselves to be worthy of their fame until their later years, they don't depict their talent until much later. Like Leo DiCaprio. His main purpose, the way I see it, in Titanic was to look pretty, but since then he's earned himself a respectable image in hollywood as an actor, a humanitarian, etc. He's no longer a teen pinup, obviously, but Rob very clearly is . But the fact that Rob is committed to keeping his career going speaks volumes for him, and I know and someday he'll be a Harrison Ford, Leo DiCaprio, not a Mark Hamill .

Dean&Castiel

Last edited by Ellipsis; 09-27-2010 at 06:57 PM
Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Is Rob still in hiding??
Old 09-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But the fact that Rob is committed to keeping his career going speaks volumes for him, and I know and someday he'll be a Harrison Ford, Leo DiCaprio, not a Mark Hamill .
I so agree with ya Ash, him working towards roles like WFE and Bel-Ami totally speaks volumes and I also agree he'll be a Harrison Ford/Leo someday and not a Mark Hamil so agree

Also one hell of a discussion going on in here haha That's what happens when we have no news