Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Unpopular Opinion Thread

I have seen this on other boards and I thought it was interesting and since i cleared it with the mod, here it is. When the popular opinion is most times what you see on screen and what the majority wants, there is the unpopular opinion. Reminder though: please no actor/actress bashing at all! If you want to praise them, then okay. So post away!

Here is mine for GH...I will have more later:

1) I love the character of Sonny no ifs, ands or buts. He can do pretty much anything and it's ok. I believe he is a complex character! And the funny thing is, I didn't start out liking him when he was drugging Karen but I have seen the light.

2) Favorite couple of GH and any other soap ever is Sonny and Brenda! So of course I hated any other person they were with with the exception of.....I actually liked Sonny & Sam...but they didn't last and I could never love them like S&B! But it was interesting to watch

3) I did not like Jason & Courtney at all and pretty much can't stand Jason & Sam. I liked Jason with Robin and Liz...period!

4) I was never really a L&L2 fan...even from the beginning

5) I love Ric and Carly....they are the people I love to hate! And I like them best when they are not romantically involved with anyone.

6) I liked AJ.

7) I liked Alexis/Jax, Skye/Jax, Luke/Skye, Luke/Felicia, Jax/Chloe.

8) I love Nikolas & Emily also!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate Jason/Sam. Sam is so whiny and she complains about everything.

I dislike Todd/Blair. I don't hate them, but I don't see the sparks.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)

That's the spirit!

I also must confess that I don't care for Todd/Blair. I liked Todd with Tea and I liked Blair & Max.

As for OLTL, I liked Jessica & Will...never liked Jess & Christian.

And Natalie and Chris were good in the beginning but I have totally outgrown them.

I hated Evangaline/John! Antonio/Jess....

And i don't care for the constant multiple personality storylines.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaskme (View Post)
That's the spirit!

I also must confess that I don't care for Todd/Blair. I liked Todd with Tea and I liked Blair & Max.

As for OLTL, I liked Jessica & Will...never liked Jess & Christian.

And Natalie and Chris were good in the beginning but I have totally outgrown them.

I hated Evangaline/John! Antonio/Jess....

And i don't care for the constant multiple personality storylines.
I just really hate Sam.

I like Todd/Evangeline! I used to like Natalie/Cris, but they're boring now.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)

I completely agree.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually like Chelsea on DOOL. How's that for an opinion no one else is likely to have? She's childish and whiny, but it's so clear she just needs to calm the heck down and she just wants to be loved unconditionally. So I like her.

I never liked Sam on GH. Than again, I never liked Livvie on Port Charles either. Which is strange because I do like Kelly Monaco. I just wish she'd worn less revealing outfits on Dancing With the Stars.

The only women I've ever liked with Jason are Robin and Liz.

I've never liked Lucky since Jonathan Jackson left. I've especially never liked him with Liz.

I've never been a huge fan of Carly either, come to that. I mean, she has her moments where I don't hate her, but mostly I just wish she'd go away. Especially where Jason is concerned.

I'm always going to root for Emily and Nicholas.

On ATWT, I think Mike is a tool, so his profession is quite appropriate.

I think the writers have been mishandling Damian's character ever since he left the first time around.

I really don't like Holden, even when he's defending his gay stepson because, even then, he's doing a half-arse job of it really.

Ooooh, this is the big one, I've always hated Marlena and Mrs. Horton on Days of our Lives. Not 'cause I think they're evil or anything (though Marlena being possessed by the Devil made so much sense!) but because they can't seem to mind their own freaking business. I get that Marlena's a shrink, but that's why she has an office!!!

And, ATWT teens aside, I couldn't care less about any of the so-called teen storylines. That includes Lulu's pregnancy, the scrambled eggs crew on DOOL (Shawn and Belle can go to hell for all I care) and anyoen else I can't think of right now.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Yay, I'm glad a thread like this is up hehe

I LOVE Sonny as well. He is one of my favorite characters on the show. I liked him from the very start. I haven't always agreed to the things that he done but it's Sonny haha

I adore S&B as well. I love all of Sonny's ships, really but I liked Brenda the best when she was with Sonny. I also really, really enjoyed the Sonny/Sam scenes. I wish the writers explored them more. They were really great and Sonny made me tolerate Sam. I liked her when she was with Sonny. In my opinion, the start of Jasam ruined her. She's no longer the same girl that I once liked at some time

I love Journey, Laison and Jarly. Those are basically my only Jason ships hehe

I LOVE Ric and Carly as well. I loved Carly in all her pairings except really Lorenzo. My Carson/Jarly love wouldn't allow me to go there lol. I like Ric with Alexis and Sam. Yes, I do like Ram haha

I looooooooooved AJ. I know I'm one of the few that does. I don't like everything that he has done but he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. You got to look at his past. It's no wonder he is the way he is. Just like Rick makes it impossible for you not to love Ric even though at times you should, Billy made it impossible for you not to love AJ as well, at lease IMP. I also loved Zander as well and Zem. I hated what the writers did to Zander and AJ

I liked all of Emily's ships and I love Emily. I loved both versions of Emily. I never saw E/P so I can't go there but I loved Nem,Luckily Zem and Emson. It is very possible to be a supporter of both Zem and Nem. Look at me lol

I also like the idea of Lusam. They're my guilty pleasure. I honestly wish the writers would explore them more and I didn't mind Laxie in the beginning but now I can't stand them and wish someone would just shove Maxie into the water already lol

I love Todd/Blair AAF but I do really like Evangeline/Todd. They're so sweet and they're growing on me. I also like Christian with Evangeline as well. I can tolerate him when he's with her. I looooooooove Todd AAF. He's my favorite character on OLTL

I loved Tess even though Jess is now growing on me as well. I want her to end up with Nash. I love Nash hehe. I just hate Antonio and wish he would get off my screen. I can't tell who I hate more, him or Spencer. I hate both of them pretty equally lol

I like John and Natalie together

I also always had a guilty pleasure for CaRic as well hehe
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Extreme Fan

- I despise Bo/Hope on DAYS. They're both hypocritical bores (DAYS).

- I despise Sami. Love Lucas/Sami, but I really really hate the character of Sami (DAYS).

- I find Kayla insanely boring (DAYS).

- I want Marlena to turn spy!chick.

- I don't care for Gwen, Dusty or Will (ATWT).

- Sonny. Sucks (GH).

- Carly is a hoot around Jax, but put her with Sonny and you kill the character (GH).

- Rick Hearst is the best actor on General Hospital.

writer/muse soulmates
Old 09-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Linn - (View Post)
- I despise Bo/Hope on DAYS. They're both hypocritical bores (DAYS)..
Oh, Amen to that. I can't believe I forgot those two. I used to love Bo, back when he was played by RKK. But being around Hope really doesn't bring out the best in him. Bo should stop running after Hope like she's the Holy Grail of women and try to get back with Billie. Who should, of course, have none of it. Would serve him right.

Kate should develop amnesia and become a really sweet woman.

Sonny sucks. Jax sucks, too. Luke, too, come to that. All the big hero men on GH suck. They play mind games and they neglect the people in their lives and they suck.

Except for Jason and Nicholas. They don't neglect. They don't suck.

Brenda belonged with Jax. How's that? Never liked her with Sonny; loved her with Jax.

Maxie and Lucky should get together and live a long and twisted life. Preferably somewhere that's away.

I love Dusty. Especially with Lucy. Jenn can rot in hell for all I care. Babs ought to be gagged and forced to watch Dusty and Lucy go out on a hot date together.

I actually want Ethan and Theresa to end up together on Passions. Just not before he suffers long and hard.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:59 AM
MST Manager

Such a cool idea for a thread! I might have to steal it for my other two boards. Thanks for starting this here for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaskme (View Post)
1) I love the character of Sonny no ifs, ands or buts.
Same here! I always will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Linn-
Rick Hearst is the best actor on General Hospital.
Gotta agree w/ you on that one. Greg is my favorite actor on GH but Hearst is the best, hands down.

Hmm, a few of mine:

* Mimi is still my favorite character on DOOL. I just can't turn on her, but I won't feel sorry for her when her lies come out.

* Jax (GH) can rot in hell. I will never, ever like that character again.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Linn - (View Post)
- Rick Hearst is the best actor on General Hospital.
IA.RH is one of the best things on GH right now and it's a shame the writers don't use him enough as they should. I pretty much love all the actors on GH but Rick, Maurice, Jason and Anthony are my main one's. I love them all. So talented hehe

I don't mind Jax that much. I actually kind of like him. He's not one of my fave guy chars but he doesn't annoy me as much as some do. I like him, I don't mind seeing him haha
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 09-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I actually like Chelsea on DOOL. How's that for an opinion no one else is likely to have? She's childish and whiny, but it's so clear she just needs to calm the heck down and she just wants to be loved unconditionally. So I like her.
i actually like Chelsea too... i thought i was the only one

i can't stand Carrie she's so boring and too goodie-goodie! Marlena's another one who's really self righteous but the thing that bugs me most about her is that she hangs out with Kate...despite all that woman has done to her daughter and this probally isn't unpopular but i HATE Kate... i wish they'd left her on that fish boat!!! ...and i hate Lexi too!

i really can't stand Taylor from B&B...another self righteous therapist who just irkes me! and i really don't like Bridget.... she's always making herself out to be the marytr when most of her problems come from her indeciveness and then deciding after others have moved on with their lives.

Now on Y&R... i can't stand Dru or Sharon, two of the biggest hypocrites ever, always crucifying everyone else when they both have done some really shady stuff... like hiding their kid's paternity or abandoning their kids... but i guess those aren't realy that big a deal

i like Jt and Victoria together... i don't know why, i just do!

and i like Kevin... i really think that he's turned his life around and i actually think him and this new Colleen have good chemistry i know i'll be alone in that one!

...that's all i can think of right now

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
Old 09-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't stand Chelsea, but I like her better than Stephanie.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbjunkie (View Post)
i
i like Jt and Victoria together... i don't know why, i just do!

and i like Kevin... i really think that he's turned his life around and i actually think him and this new Colleen have good chemistry i know i'll be alone in that one!

...that's all i can think of right now
I agree with both of these also...don't know why either! I do know I find Victoria& Brad and JT&Colleen booooooring!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Ah-ha.I like this.Here are mine:

- I never saw anything in Journey.I honestly never saw it.I respect everyone's opinion but I thought Journey had zero chemistry and were boring.I cheered when they seperated.

- Love Jason..which obviously is no unpopular opinion,BUT I hate that he can do no wrong.I don't understand why they can't let him do wrong every once in awhile.It's complex.Of course nothing could ever make me dislike him though.

- I love Ric/RH! Again,I know RH love is not unpopular but I also love Ric.He could marry a monkey and I'd love him.Best character you love to hate/hate to love.And RH is one of the best actors on daytime and I'll stand by that.And he's so pretty!

- I loved both Jax/Brenda and Sonny/Brenda.I honestly loved the triangle because both pairings were so great.Yeah...freakin' loved that triangle!

- I am over Carson.Used to like them back in the SB days and even early TB but they're over and I yawn in their faces.

- Everything post AmTam Emily having to do with the character of Emily has killed me.Love Natalia but the character was ruined after AmTam left.

- I like just about every Liz pairing.LL,LiRic,Liason,and evne thought Liz/Zander was cute though my Zem shipper heart would never let me become a real shipper.

- During early Jasam,LOVED Sam and Jasam but now could care less.Boring.

- Loved Zander with a fiery passion.Ok..I know that's not an unpopular opinion but it's a strong one.Stupid Emily...stupid writers.

And my few AMC opinions(though much of these are from old/good AMC:
- Have always hates Kendall/Ryan.Just because.I also had a liking of Aiden/Kendall

- Back in the day,actually had a bit of a thing for Haley/Ryan even though I loved both Mateo/Haley and Gillian/Ryan

- Love Jonathan for some stupid reason.

- Have always loved Adam.Hate most Adam pairings though.

- Love Dixie but have never seen the angel thing in her.I've been pissed with her(*cough* Dixie/David *cough*) many a time.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Closed Thread   Post New Thread