Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sharon Collins | Sharon Case #1: From heroine to self destructive, yet we still support her all the same.

Sharon Newman | Sharon Case
#1:

Sharon Collins - Has been on the SOAPS since 1994, she was portrayed briefly by Monica Potter and Heidi Mark, and eventually they casting department found the perfect Sharon Collins with Sharon Case. Who has now been portraying the character who deserves better #SharonDeservesBetter for 22 years.
Her mother is Doris Collins, and the first love her Sharon's life is Nickolas Newman.
She has four children: Cassie, who is her first daughter and eventually she'll learn that Cassie had a twin sister Mariah. She has a teenager son, Noah and her youngest child is Noah Newman.

She is currently married to Dylan McAvoy, and they share son who they named Sullivan (Sully) however, it was revealed that they are not the parents. The real parents are Sage and Nick Newman.

Sharon has a long love history, but Nick is her main love interest throughout the show. Adam was her important dangerous love affair that turned quickly into love.
Dylan McAvoy is her current husband.

fans;
1:
eternalfate
2. Nothing Else Matters

Last edited by eternalfate; 06-26-2017 at 11:11 PM
Old 07-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Great thread idea.

Sharon barely looks like she's aged that much in her 22 years on the show.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Was surprised there wasn't one, so started it. Even though I dislike her storylines recently, in the end I think I'll still support her.

I agree, she sure hasn't. Talking about aging perfectly!
Old 07-07-2016, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for her either. Love the gifset you put in the OP.

She must have found the secret (or a magic potion ) to aging so beautifully.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agree!
I'm just so upset with this recycled storylines for her. I mean we can just say "It's that time of year again" lol
Old 07-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for her either. Love the gifset you put in the OP.

She must have found the secret (or a magic potion ) to aging so beautifully.
I agree, I've been noticing a lot of actresses have been aging beautifully lately, I would love to know their secret

I am also sick of the recycled stories for Sharon. It seems like they let her do good just to knock her back down again a few months later . I hate how they killed Cassie, did the baby switch with Faith and now Sully/Christian they really need to back off of Sharon and her babies..it's heartbreaking her seeing her go through all of this.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed. Seems like she was dealing with this whole med thing last year around this same time. And here we got again.
Also I agree with you with her kids. It's so sad. I think Sharon history with her children makes this Sully/Christian storyline even worst for me.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

I hate the way they have her improve just so they can regress her back into self destruction a few months later.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I hate the way they have her improve just so they can regress her back into self destruction a few months later.
Yeah. It's kind of no point on even getting her back on the right track even more.

I think the writers just love to damage Sharon for some guy can be there for her and rescue her and then she returns to normal.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I think the writers just love to damage Sharon for some guy can be there for her and rescue her and then she returns to normal.
True they've done it three times now first Nick, then Adam and now Dylan.
Was she written like this is her earlier years or did it just become more prominent in the early 2000's?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel it's after Nick cheated on her with Phyllis after they lost Cassie. That's when everything went downhill.
Although she did have this relationship with Brad, who was there for her when Phyllis/Nick were cheating behind her back.

I really believe that Cassie's death and Nick infidelity really is the thing that probably started changing Sharon's character to the absolute worst.
Then of course Sharon's relationship with Adam was her downfall even though I loved their relationship but I think it was the first relationship that was difficult to understand as a viewer. Sharon saw the good in Adam and you are just like, "WHY?" I mean especially after Adam pretended like Faith had died and gave her daughter to Faith. He made Sharon and Nick grieve a child that wasn't dead....

Which brings me to why I hate this Sully/Christian storyline right now.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I really believe that Cassie's death and Nick infidelity really is the thing that probably started changing Sharon's character to the absolute worst.
Then of course Sharon's relationship with Adam was her downfall even though I loved their relationship but I think it was the first relationship that was difficult to understand as a viewer. Sharon saw the good in Adam and you are just like, "WHY?" I mean especially after Adam pretended like Faith had died and gave her daughter to Faith. He made Sharon and Nick grieve a child that wasn't dead....
I agree, those two intertwined events started Sharon's downward spiral. I'd also say that Dru and Brad's deaths were contributing factors as well. It was so damn low down dirty of Nick to cheat on her right after they lost Cassie.

I just realized that Sharon/Phyllis now share three men in common - Nick, Jack and Billy.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know how crazy. Also how hypocritical it is for Phyllis to be with having an affair with Jack right now since she cursed Sharon out for doing the exact same thing she's doing right now. My, my how times has changed.

Agreed. Nick went away from Sharon after they lost Cassie. So, I at least liked the writers establishing it when Sage "lost" Christian. Nick said he pushed Sharon away and he wanted to do opposite with Sage.

Dru was Sharon's best friend so I'd say Sharon is really in need for that.
I never liked her friendship with.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

Didn't Jack, Billy and Nick all overlap while Sharon was suffering from kleptomania/bipolar and then she found herself pregnant with Faith?
Old 07-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup. I don't think we knew who the father was at first.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread