Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Children have not typically been shown on soaps though a lot. I dint think it's just a thing that happens on "Days of our Lives".
Shawn-Douglas, Abby and Will were all shown a ton as kids. I remember Abby being on almost every time Jack and Jen were for awhile when she was a baby. Even Thomas was shown a decent amount his first year back in 2015/2016. Only the last few years have kids basically disappeared.
MaybeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Oh. Do you think that is because there will be an age for them & changevof actors in those roles in the next few years or sooner?
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 05:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh. Do you think that is because there will be an age for them & changevof actors in those roles in the next few years or sooner?
I think it's because they don't want to spend any money on kid actors anymore. They have to pay them any time they show up on screen just like any other actor even if their babies. Their broke and probably lucky the sets aren't cardboard.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:32 PM

I don't know how "broke" they are, hopefully it's not that bad. With Gabi I just have not seen her around kids whether they belong to her or not. That could be as you point out because they cost too much to have on "Days of our Lives" or maybe there is not much that writers of this show have had for them for a while.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
I think it's because they don't want to spend any money on kid actors anymore. They have to pay them any time they show up on screen just like any other actor even if their babies. Their broke and probably lucky the sets aren't cardboard.
It's really a shame but still not an excuse. Nicole still has Holly and we never see Holly on screen...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 04:29 PM

Never? I did not know that. I was reading that ''Holly'' is also the daughter of ''Daniel Jonas'', whom I do not think I have ever seen on ''Days of our Lives''.
Old 05-07-2023, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Camila is leaving as Gabi this Fall. Not happy about that one.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I am still shocked over that one to be honest.
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:56 PM

Darn it. Hopefully she'll return.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I hope so
Old 07-14-2023, 03:47 PM

She was on the Pilot of ''Snowfall''. Have yet to watch that show.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
She was on the Pilot of ''Snowfall''. Have yet to watch that show.
I think they recast her part before it aired didn't they?

Quote:
Never? I did not know that. I was reading that ''Holly'' is also the daughter of ''Daniel Jonas'', whom I do not think I have ever seen on ''Days of our Lives''.
Count yourself lucky, he ate the show at one point. In my head that child is Eric's.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:08 PM

I did not know about that. She is credited on I.M.D.B. & Wikipedia for appearing on that show though.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:12 PM

Did not post this before I believe.

Camila Banus: Why I left 'Days of Our Lives' after 13 years

My dad didn’t stick around to see his dreams realized. I need to reach mine for him, and me, and our family.

By Camila Banus

Thirteen years. Almost 365 days a year. Countless hours on set, filming anywhere between 50 and 60 scenes a day. I can’t keep track of the birthdays, anniversaries and holidays I missed, all because of “Days of Our Lives.” When I look back, “Days of Our Lives” was the days of my life.

And it was worth it, because I got to do what I loved, every single day: act. Although it was a demanding and grueling job, I did amazing things while playing Gabi Hernandez — things I never would’ve been able to do on any other set, like being kidnapped eight times or causing a gas explosion that might destroy the entire town or doing my own stunts and getting tackled or blowing up a person’s wedding.

That’s what made walking away earlier this year such a difficult decision.

When I told my mom, sister and husband — who I call my “tripod” — I was thinking of leaving the show, they understood. They’d seen me come home from work crying because I couldn’t shake off something bad that had happened to Gabi. They’d seen me memorizing 60 pages a day and feeling like my head was going to explode. Their support is monumental and it’s what makes me feel safe enough to take this risk.

I did it for me and the dreams that surpassed “Days of Our Lives.” I did for my family: past, present and future. I did it for my dad, in honor of the person he thought I could be — but never could see me become.

Soon into my time on “Days of Our Lives,” I got the news no one ever wants to receive. I was in the parking lot of a dollar store with my mom, who was on the phone, when she started screaming. On the other line, she learned my dad, her ex-husband, had died by suicide.

We were shocked and devastated. My dad had been a living whirlwind and human wild card. When he was on dates with my mom, women would leave him their numbers. He was an exuberant man; everyone wanted his attention. At that point, I didn’t realize his smile masked what I now think was a lifetime of depression.

When he died, I handled it the best way I could as a 19-year-old, which was … not to tell anybody. A couple of days later I returned to set and life moved on. I buried my grief, I buried my anger. I buried my sadness. I put on a smile for a long time.

My instinct was silence. Things got better, for me, when I started talking about my dad’s death. In fact, I talk about it all the time now! Some people get weird with me because I don’t have to be very close to someone to tell them about my father’s death, but not making it taboo is therapeutic for me.

Other things that helped: Therapy. My husband, who encouraged me to think beyond guilt and my last phone call with my dad, and the memories I cherished. “Days” was impactful, too: When my character became a mom, I took a parenting class to prepare for the role, where I reflected on how the parenting done to me has molded me into the adult I became. Meeting other families impacted by suicide through my work with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has helped me move forward as well.

I think losing my dad made me a more empathetic person. His suicide changed the way that I interact with people. I want them to know that I care. I want them to know they are wanted, important, needed.

I had always spoken to my dad about my dreams. He knew my ultimate goal is to create amazing stories and cultivate characters — to be on the big screen. That was part of why I walked away. He didn’t stay to see his dreams realized — the depression took over. I need to reach mine for him, and me, and our family.

“Days” was undeniably a dream job. But I hope it’s the first of many dream jobs. I want to leave a legacy for my family, honoring the sacrifices that my Cuban immigrant parents made for me so that I could pursue those dreams.

Now, in Florida, when I look at the water, I think of my dad. I feel his embrace. And I know: He would be so proud of me.

https://www.today.com/popculture/ess...ives-rcna85120
Old 10-09-2023, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Aww thanks for that
Reply   Post New Thread