Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Jay
Master Fan

GH Discussion Thread: Sleaze is over! Now comes redemptions and reunions.

Hope title is ok. If so, carry on.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Absolute Fan

I thought Friday was wonderful, even if a bit hard to watch. Tony, Julie and Co. have been amazing and deserve whatever Emmy hype they have coming to them.

It's still so frustrating to watch Lucky spiral into this madness that is so far from who he really is, or, should I say, was. I've just about lost patience with Lucky and it doesn't bother me in the least that Elizabeth was packing her bags even if she did have her own secrets and problems.

Is it a bit crazy of me to see Ric as the one talking a shred of sense in regards to Alexis's children? While I'll clearly take Ric for what he is, I won't for one second think that he would use Molly or Christina, or directly harm them in anyway. Sonny must know at least that much. And what ever mind games and manipulations he chooses to pull on Sonny, Jason or Sam have little to do with his love for those girls. Personally, I think Sonny should get off his ego's landing and deal with the reality of what is best for his daughter in the moments of caos. Talking rein and control makes him no better than what Alexis is doing.

CarJax are just lovely. And I <3 how they kept coming back into them just when you thought Sonny had ruined their evening for good. The scene where Jax says how Alexis' condition had nothing to do with his feelings for Carly was deeply touching. And it didn't hurt that it all tied into that wondeful montage. It's so nice to see elements of a functioning family in a time of shared joy.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 09-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Julie has some competition for the Emmy. Jennifer Landon, Jennifer Ferrin and Alexandra Chando from ATWT have been amazing. GH doesn't have a strong younger set. GH only has 4 teens(Lulu, Dillion, Georgie, Maxie) and with the exception of Lulu, nobody else has done Emmy worthy material, IMO. Personally, I think ATWT younger set is stronger.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

I do think Lucky can be redeemed. He has a disease and needs to face that and beat it. Or it's going to make him alone and kill him. This will be his lowest point, IMO. Losing his wife, his family. Now, he HAS to face it. We'll see how it goes from there.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

New thread hehe

Erin I agree as well. There's still a chance that they could redeem Lucky. There's always that chance that any character can get redeemed. The writers know they can't do away with Lucky since he's a main part of the show. He's Luke and Laura's son and has a following. They can't get rid of him even if they wanted to. This isn't real Lucky. It's the drug addict..his disease. He's at the lowest he's ever been. They've all reached their low points and got back on their feet, so will he. I just think he has to nearly lose everything for that to happen before he realizes he is in way over his head and needs to get help. I have no doubt in my mind that he will pull through this. It will be a rocky road to recovery but I'm sure he'll get through it

I'm sure once Laura comes back, she'll help him get his act back together

Julie should really win for this storyline. She's blowing me away, especially her scenes with Tony and I even noticed Scott's acting is greatly improving. He's getting to me now as well, in the past he didn't do so much of that but recently he's starting to
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 09-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Not that I care but i think it was stupid for the writers to not include Bobbie Spencer in the whole Lulu-abortion storyline. i mean the Spencers are dealing with two different storylines, yet the writers failed to put her in.

Personally, I think seeing the progression of a character coming from his/her lowest point interests one as a viewer. The idea of having hope and courage to fight to stand on your own two feet is something worth watching and it's realistic.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They rarely show Bobbie nowadays. Frons(the head of ABC daytime) said he thinks that the vets should be in the "supporting" roles.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Total Fan

Speaking of missing people...where the hell is Ned while Alexis is dying? That pisses me off.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Actually Kally Wurth? (Ned) is doing some castings from different soaps since he's been put into recurring role for awhile now.

I don't think Holly is useful anymore. As for Robert/Anna..they can re-appear anytime they want from their gov't missions.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We haven't seen Ned in months. I heard that he auditioned for the role of Craig on ATWT. He didn't get it though.

They made this BIG deal about getting Anna and Robert back. Now, they barely use them. We see Robert every once in awhile. Anna appears once, maybe twice a month. Luke goes on vacation every month. I'm not too sure if Holly is coming back. When was the last time we saw Monica?

Old 09-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Actually, I do remember in the FOX interview with Finola/Kelly/Kim...where Finola mentioned that she's working on different things in her life which probably explains the lack of Anna on-screen. I don't think she minds either...it doesn't seem to be her highest priority.

As for Tristan, he's got a voice. Maybe Guza/writers didn't like that.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I didn't hear that about Finola. Hmm.

I heard about Tristian. I think he said the writing sucks. It's true though. Tristian speaks for the fans.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Haha, I love Tristan
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Tristan is just jealous 'cause Tony is getting more airtime than him and being involved in big storylines
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm. Tony is always on vacation, so I don't think that's the problem. They need to give Robert an actual storyline.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread