Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Addicted Fan

That scene in the limo was actually really hard for me to watch because for all of Barney's bravado, he really is an insecure little boy and Ted seems to be the most important person in his life. He would have been terrified of losing his friendship. It totally broke my heart.
icon: egyptian_pixie
Old 05-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Which is why I believe Barney made it seem like he was the one letting Ted go. He can't stand rejection (because he rarely gets it from women and if he does, he just moves onto the next one). Barney is trying his hardest to get over the break up because the last break up he actually had was with Shannon before he 'suited up' and we all know what he was like after that break up.

Barney's best friend broke up with him and so the only way he can deal with it is to put himself at the top of the situation and make it seem like he was the one doing it all, and therefore, even 'hating' Ted to make himself believe he doesn't need Ted because he can't stand the fact that Ted told him he doesn't need him.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

I think you nailed it exactly. Barney underneath it all if very insecure. Ted's one of the most important people in Barney's life and he can't get over the fact that he might not have Ted in his life anymore.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't think I'd miss their friendship this much but last night's episode just proved how much more awesome it is when Ted and Barney are bffs. Argh just make them patch things up already! Please!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree. It's just sad seeing them not friends right now. It's just not right.

Do you think we'll get a reconciliation in the finale or will we have to wait until next summer?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Total Fan

I hope it's before the summer, but I'm not sure because of the "need for cliffhanger" thing... stupid tv!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by You. Yes. You. (View Post)
Which is why I believe Barney made it seem like he was the one letting Ted go. He can't stand rejection (because he rarely gets it from women and if he does, he just moves onto the next one). Barney is trying his hardest to get over the break up because the last break up he actually had was with Shannon before he 'suited up' and we all know what he was like after that break up.

Barney's best friend broke up with him and so the only way he can deal with it is to put himself at the top of the situation and make it seem like he was the one doing it all, and therefore, even 'hating' Ted to make himself believe he doesn't need Ted because he can't stand the fact that Ted told him he doesn't need him.
I couldn't agree more with you

Behind the awesome facade, Barney is really insecure.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it's before the summer but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sure what's the big plan behind this storyline anymore
Old 05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Addicted Fan

^I don't know either but I don't like it. Barney and Ted on the outs = Fail. I really, really don't like it. I admit that it's made for some funny moments, but I don't think they can go on for that long. Eventually it's just going to be annoying and boring.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I don't think their fallout will last during season 4. I'm hoping they'll patch up very early on. They can't keep Barney out of the gang forever.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I didn't think that Ted and Barney's friendship was so crucial to the show...until it was taken away.

These two seriously need to make up. Barney being alienated from the group just makes the show...different. It's just not the same.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Agreed. All his scenes except one were with Britney last night while all the others had some nice group scenes.

Barney not being there feels wrong. I'm sad they didn't mention anything like that.

FORGIVE HIM, TED!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
Ok, I didn't think that Ted and Barney's friendship was so crucial to the show...until it was taken away.
ICAM. I really hadn't thought about it that much and now I'm going to make sure I appreciate it more.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

seriously!!!
UGH. Ted needs to forgive Barney because we, the fans, need them to be friends.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Addicted Fan

We do! And it's all about us!

I know it's a 'Bro' thing... but it still irks me that Robyn is forgiven and Barney isn't. I know Ted says that it's him outgrowing Barney as a friend but we all know it's BS. Men and their pride!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread