Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

so obvious. which is why they threw them in the last two seasons, they knew people would complain but since it had already been written and filmed, they didn't have to listen to the fans. they clearly did not care about the fans at all. I bet they didn't think that their careers would be ruined, oh well.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not gonna say a word.

Although I will say that I understand CC and it's their own damn fault for taking their misdirection too far. They knew how the story was going to end from the start, and they undermined it by being too clever.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

they weren't clever though.

I don't know, I feel like in the first few seasons, it could be said it was misdirection but after season 4 and 5, no way. they clearly were going a certain way, pretty sure they even said that BR getting married was their endgame. they didn't misdirect, they just flat out lied.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not at all, lol

If anything they were way too stupid and stubborn to see that their 'misdirection' way too far to make their planned ending.

I don't give a flying **** that their careers got ruined over this and I consider it karma.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

exactly. way too far, the ending just didn't make sense with what went on in the show. I think 'No Pressure' was the perfect closure for TR. Robin said she didn't love him, Ted broke the pact, she moves out and when he walks out there's a yellow umbrella amongst a sea of black like it's a hopeful moment for Ted. made so much sense.

oh, I don't either Sam which is why I said "oh well" yea, definitely Karma.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
they weren't clever though.

I don't know, I feel like in the first few seasons, it could be said it was misdirection but after season 4 and 5, no way. they clearly were going a certain way, pretty sure they even said that BR getting married was their endgame. they didn't misdirect, they just flat out lied.

Well, I don't think that's possible, Katie, because they filmed the final scene with Ted finishing his story to his kids back in season 1, so they already had that ending set back in 2006. The kids are the same age in the finale as they were back then, and I assure you that Lyndsy Fonseca is all grown up now. Josh Radnor was the only one in the cast that knew what the ending was, and when they got close to the final season, he said he asked CC, "are we still doing that?" And they said yes.

I think that CC got carried away with their misdirection that it went off the rails and they assumed they could take it as far as they wanted to go and still pull it back to where they originally planned to end it, but they messed it up without realizing it. And didn't you say that CC seemed to resent how popular BR got?
Old 03-16-2020, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just because they shot it doesn't mean they had to use it though Alex

Quote:
exactly. way too far, the ending just didn't make sense with what went on in the show. I think 'No Pressure' was the perfect closure for TR. Robin said she didn't love him, Ted broke the pact, she moves out and when he walks out there's a yellow umbrella amongst a sea of black like it's a hopeful moment for Ted. made so much sense.

oh, I don't either Sam which is why I said "oh well" yea, definitely Karma.
It sure was
Old 03-17-2020, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. I won't get into continuity, but oh well.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

the finale ****ed with the continuity more so. but also, all that we saw could easily be explained if they didn't end up together. like the pictures with the kids, why wouldn't Robin be in Ted and the kids lives, they are friends and loving halloween makes much more sense with her being with Barney since he loves halloween too and the first time she dressed up, it was for/with Barney. also she has other nieces and nephews and we have no idea about Katie and if she had kids so people thinking that she loved halloween just because of Ted's kids makes absolutely no sense. also, Ted broke the pact, Robin was clearly leaving him on the hook. the bet was stupid and Marshall was clearly happy with BR and TT being together. not to mention in the end, Robin has five dogs again, do people REALLY think that he's going to let her keep all of them?!?! just because he has a house in the suburbs doesn't mean he wants a bunch of dogs and he and kids might already have a dog so he'll definitely make her get rid of them AGAIN!! they are still the same people, does anyone think that Robin is going to like listening to Ted talk about architecture and all that stuff and what about when Robin wants to teach the kids to protect themselves and teach them about guns and hunting and all that, you really think Ted will be okay with that?? I don't even think the kids thought of her as a stepmom because if they did, why are they calling her AUNT Robin, they would just call her Robin if they felt she was like a mom, I feel. it would be a bit awkward if they were out with her and Ted and calling her aunt but saying she's dating their dad, weird. TR just don't work as a romance, not to mention Josh and Cobie's complete lack of chemistry.

I feel like saying it was misdirection absolves them of their actions, they didn't need to get BR married for their ~misdirection~, they had tons of writers and people who they could get ideas from and also the cast. they didn't need to say the things they did, put BR in all the promo and interviews or do the things they did. they were just stubborn and dumb as bricks.

they clearly resented Barney and BR, it's obvious looking back and some of the things they put in the show.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow. Okay, I hope Sam has something to say about that post.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with that all so much
Old 03-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

you can say more Sam.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
you can say more Sam.

I could say something, but nothing that Katie would like. So I'm out.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

I mean, we're never going to agree anyways but it feels good to rant.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It does.

Nice legs... uh, I mean gifs.