Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm really sorry, Leigh. I had no idea that the UK was actually putting this to a vote.

It's like when Scotland voted on whether or not to leave the UK, but they voted to stay. I hope you'll be okay, Leigh.
I don't really see it as a bad thing, tbh I didn't think I'd live to see the day because I didn't think we'd ever be given the option to vote on it, and when we were given that option I thought the scaremongering would win. Whether or not I think the timing is right (I don't, the timing sucks), I refuse to see it as a bad thing. It's the will of the people against an undemocratic establishment.

The EU really isn't as great as the rest of the world seems to think it is. It's a bureaucracy ran by unelected presidents that can't be held accountable for their actions or removed by the people, and it constantly overrules and/or ignores the people we actually do elect. For years we've been refused permission to deport terrorists, told we have to give serial killers prison release dates and been essentially punished for having a relatively healthy economy. The British public just decided that a period of hardship is worth getting rid of that. Whether or not they'll actually be listened to is still to be seen.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I hope things work out then, Leigh. I know that a lot of people are worried and others believe the same as you do. So we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
Saw Journey Friday night, awesome show.
I'm glad you got to go, Crystal! How is the new guy, Arnel Pineda? I'm still a Steve Perry fan myself.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, I hope things work out then, Leigh. I know that a lot of people are worried and others believe the same as you do. So we'll see what happens.
I get that, there's a lot to be worried about, but I do think the people made the right decision. The EU's been failing for years, and it's unrecognisable from the union it was intended to be. They've known for years that people across the EU are growing increasingly eurosceptic, but they didn't take the chance they had to reform a failing system, so they don't get to be surprised that the people are beginning to outright reject the system they refused to fix.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's interesting, Leigh. Thanks! I just hope that expats living in the UK, like Barbara, won't have to leave and won't have much trouble staying.

I just want to let everyone know that I'm feeling very sick today and I'm sorry for not being able to post that much. I'm going to rest and get better and I'll be back soon!
Old 06-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't see why they should, tbh That would require making things retrospective, and that just wouldn't be fair at all, we voted to leave now, so people who are already here, or even who come here before we officially leave (if we even do) should be allowed to stay if that's what they want to do.

That's okay

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-28-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's good. I hope that means Barbara doesn't have to worry too much.

Oh, and does anyone have an idea for a new thread title? We need to start a new thread and Barbara usually comes up with the titles.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course, my opinion doesn't mean that's how it will be, but I honestly can't see it being different, it wouldn't make sense.

I'm not great with titles

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course, my opinion doesn't mean that's how it will be, but I honestly can't see it being different, it wouldn't make sense.

I'm not great with titles

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's okay, I got one. Oh, and does anyone want to be added to the OP list?

New thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f289/maclare...pike-63173628/