Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Wait, it actually airs in France? Which channel? (I'm so gonna check out of curiosity if they massacred the show with a lousy dubbing or not )
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Slowly but surely, almost every single person on my friends list was watching it and they peer pressured me into giving it a try. I'm too lazy too download, so I mentioned getting the DVDs a month ago [and searched half heartedly, but didn't find them], then my mom ended up getting them for me for my birthday, so I had no choice but to watch them.

Love that so many people started watching because of Aly. Not surprised at all. As for the Friends debate, I'd choose Friends anyday [from S1-S7, anyway]. Probably because I find a lot of different storylines or such were on Friends first. And because I've known Friends for so much longer.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
Wait, it actually airs in France? Which channel? (I'm so gonna check out of curiosity if they massacred the show with a lousy dubbing or not )
I'm not sure if it's actually on the air right now, but I know it was on Canal+ few months ago ...

I've never watched it in french, cause I just can't stand the dubbing in general
Wicked is my religion
- The Regent is my church -
*°*Peryne*°* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Aaah it explains a lot - I don't have Canal+
(ITA about dubbing. It's the main reason I don't watch TV)
Old 05-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Barney is what hooked me. So hilarious.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
razzlephrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's very cool that it airs in France! I had no idea it was even playing in Europe.
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

I have a list of "shows I want to watch one day" and this one was on the list since the first Season when my teacher (at the time) played an episode in 'Media Studies' class. I'm a huge Buffy fan and I like to follow the casts careers so I knew I wanted to watch the show for Aly..then sometime at the end of last year my best friend told me how I just have to watch it and I finally gave in and watched the first 3 seasons in 3 days.

Barney got me hooked. I just love him! but I love all of the characters all in their own way.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

You're one of many of us that started watching HIMYM ecause a Buffy cast member was in it. BtVS fans are nothing if not consistent.

You gotta love Barney.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I was always tempted to watch because everyone on my friends list on LJ started watching and loving it during the strike. Then, being a KB fan, I was following all the Forgetting Sarah Marshall stuff, and fell in love with Jason. So it was a combination of those two things that first made me watch!

I'm not really sure what about the show kept me hooked once I started, probably a combination of everything. I love Lily/Marshall's relationship, I loved Robin, I loved Barney, I liked the narrative and Ted's quest for love (I liked the fact that it switched things up and for once wasn't a show about a woman desperately looking for love ). And then I fell in love with Robin/Barney, and there was no turning back
Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Quote:
I liked the fact that it switched things up and for once wasn't a show about a woman desperately looking for love
Definitely a nice switch.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I started watching HIMYM because of Alyson Hannigan. She is an amazing actress and so funny I just had to check out her new show I loved it from the first episode. I'm now upto episode 12 and love all the characters especially, Lily, Marshall and Barney
Old 06-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Absolute Fan

I started watching because the concept sounded like something I would want to watch. And to add, I was a huge Undeclared fan. So anyone from that cast automatically gets viewing. And even more so I'm a Doogie Howser M.D. junkie. Neil Patrick Harris is absolute <3! I even gave "Stark Raving Mad" a chance just to see Neil. I soon realized my error there though, (Sorry, Neil).
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

OMG do you know where to find that show? Seriously, I've been looking pretty much everywhere and I can't find it! (I'm talking about Stark Raving Mad )
Old 06-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
OMG do you know where to find that show? Seriously, I've been looking pretty much everywhere and I can't find it! (I'm talking about Stark Raving Mad )
I watched one or two episodes when it originally aired. I've never seen it on DVD and I'm not sure it even ran for a full season. Just IMBD it and there was 22 episodes taped! Shows what I know. Still no evidence of it being on DVD though.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

It's not on DVD. I couldn't even find TV rips...
Reply   Post New Thread