Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Extreme Fan

I love how the people on Vulture are whining and saying the writers' lost their respect. Lol. They are the worst. I'll never forget their bias over Gossip Girl, and the negative slant some of their articles take against anyone who wasn't Chuck or Blair. But anyway, so glad to see them bitter and angry like I was. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, at least all the heat that the Ted/Robin shippers were getting is finally off us and is now being directed at Bays and Thomas. All we did was pick up on what they were planning from the beginning. Feels like a weight has been lifted, hasn't it?

I think they said that there was a full 18 minutes from the finale that never aired. That was probably enough for a third half hour for the finale. That may have been where Lily paid up on her bet with Marshall. I hope it is on the DVD, because I really wish they had aired those extra 18 minutes.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by defygravityx (View Post)
I really hope the scene where Lily pays up is on the DVD.
Alyson said the cut the scene so I hope too
Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Man, this is how it feels to see your favourite couple finally getting together. I always pick the failed side of the triangles, but now I picked the successful one. Gotta say, it feels so good!

There was another scene between Ted and Robin at a restaurant that was cut. Maybe The Mother already passed away and Robin was there for him. He seemed kinda angry and had the ring on, maybe it was one of the mourning phases he was going through.

I hope to see the deleted scenes. Lily paying Marshall would be great to see, cause I've been waiting that particular moment to happen for so long.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I heard that, I'm hoping it does end up on the DVD. When is it released in the US? I have it pre-ordered its out here in the UK on November 1st.

I hate how Penny and Luke are being judged for wanting their father's happiness.
They lost their mother and no one will ever replace her but Ted does have a right to move on and with what he's been through with Robin he needed the push. His kids mean the world to him and he wouldn't do anything they didn't want. He's still the selfless Ted we all love.

GL | SL | CB
Old 04-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that missing scene with Ted and Robin in the restaurant in the future.... the one we saw in the spoiler clips a few days ago.... that must have been the two of them reconnecting after Tracy died, and that scene led up to Ted telling Penny and Luke the story of how he met their mother because he wanted them to understand why he wanted to get back together with "Aunt Robin"..... something they must have already picked up on for years.

Like I said, there was a reason why Penny and Luke drew all those crayon pictures of them and "Aunt Robin" going to all those places.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by defygravityx (View Post)
Yeah I heard that, I'm hoping it does end up on the DVD. When is it released in the US? I have it pre-ordered its out here in the UK on November 1st.

I hate how Penny and Luke are being judged for wanting their father's happiness.
They lost their mother and no one will ever replace her but Ted does have a right to move on and with what he's been through with Robin he needed the push. His kids mean the world to him and he wouldn't do anything they didn't want. He's still the selfless Ted we all love.
Seriously, they're mad just because BR didn't last and she was still in love with Ted and TR was endgame. They don't care about Ted's happiness, Tracy...
Yeah Ted was still "are you ok with that?" so cute, totally Ted

Alyson said the episode was 18mn longer without the cut!!! Yeah I noticed the missing restaurant scene. Hope we'll have them all in the DVD
Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 AM
New Fan

guys please is there are a link to watch the full eoisode?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read this in a post TWOP

Alyson Hannigan said on Twitter that the pineapple resolution will be on the DVD. She also said they shot a scene where Lily pays Marshall back the money from their bet because Ted DOES end up with Robin but it got cut.

it seems that they cut 18 minutes of scenes
Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen HIMYM in forever but I forced my friend to spoil me the ending and I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WENT THERE. THEY HAD THE BALLS. This is too good to be true, tell me it's an April's Fool joke.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

I loved loved loved the scene with Penny, Ted and Robin. "I like you bus lady"

I don't understand why people would criticize Luke and Penny for wanting their dad's happiness.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Has DC taught you nothing, Cris? SHIPS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERYTHING ELSE.

I can't believe Robyn/Ted is endgame. SOMEBODY PINCH ME!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris (View Post)
I loved loved loved the scene with Penny, Ted and Robin. "I like you bus lady"

I don't understand why people would criticize Luke and Penny for wanting their dad's happiness.
people... Plus he was mourning Tracy since 6 years. He deserves to move on and be happy like TM did after Max with Ted
Old 04-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Like I said, there was a reason why Penny and Luke drew all those crayon pictures of them and "Aunt Robin" going to all those places.
I was once a TR shipper, lost interest in them, but still thought that the writers were very justified in ending it with them. TR were always THE story for the writers and the fact that they stuck with their original vision is just so refreshing to see in this day and age of relentless fan-pandering.
And what you've said above and the fact that the scene with the kids was filmed years ago; after considering all these facts if anyone denies that TR was not always the plan, they're deluding themselves.

I just wish they had made the last season completely about TR's build-up. Would have gotten me more invested in them again.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Ana! You like Robin/Ted too??
Didn't know that
DC teached me to never believe in anything beautiful again, so I decided not to have high expectations about the finale. So worthy.

Glad the writers followed their beliefs and not the audience's. You can call that a twist.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread