Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here I am getting my hopes all up, I seriously will be broken hearted if it is Barney or robin marring someone else. I loved tonights episode and the little bits that we got.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
New Fan

Hey can I please be added to the list, I love them!!! :}:}:}
Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
Here I am getting my hopes all up, I seriously will be broken hearted if it is Barney or robin marring someone else. I loved tonights episode and the little bits that we got.
I so agree with this so much If they aren't getting married to eachother I too will be heart broken.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"I can't have any single female friends lying around, my dad will be all 'Why don't you marry Robin, you guys were cute together. Deep down you know you were never happier than when you were with her!"

So perfect! The whole wedding thing is still messing with my mind though I feel like all the possible scenarios have been hinted at now, so if it's Barney marrying Robin or Nora, or Robin marrying her new crush it wouldn't be a huuuge surprise. And this ep obviously deliberately planted the BR seed in peoples minds. So now the scenario I have in my head is - we're supposed to think Barney realized at the end of the ep that it's Robin he's supposed to be with. But then in the finale he ends up getting back together with Nora (for some reason, either because of Robin getting together with her crush or if he thinks it's safe and easier because Robin doesn't necessarily want to settle down and Nora basically offered the marriage and kids life to him on a plate) and then everyone's surprised because it would be kind of out of the blue. So then everyone's like, oh they're the ones getting married?! And then we get a flashforward to the wedding... and it is Barney and Robin after all. So everyone's like whaaat? How does that happen if he's with Nora now?! that's what I want to happen anyway, hee.

Last edited by the echo fades; 04-19-2011 at 03:33 AM
Old 04-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think the finale will show them both in relationships, then flashforward and BOOM! It's their wedding. Then the question will be-how do they get back to each other?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thats how I think it will go. They will show BR wedding but we will still have to see Barney/Nora and Robin/crush romances and then how BR got to the wedding.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 04-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Or it is Barney/Nora or Robin/Crush, but then either Robin or Barney runs into the church all dramatic-like and yells "STOP THE CEREMONY" or something. Yeah that's prolly too cheesy for HIMYM

Last night's episode!

Quote:
"I can't have any single female friends lying around, my dad will be all 'Why don't you marry Robin, you guys were cute together. Deep down you know you were never happier than when you were with her!"
No, but seriously *swooon*

( YOU ARE THE REVELATION )

but it's so hard, my love, to say it to you all alone;
Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

I swooned at that line too He totally meant it and interesting that he brought up BR getting married.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

I'm really hoping it happens that way too. It would make the most sense from a storytelling standpoint. If Barney ends up with Nora in the finale, I don't see it being their wedding. It would be too easy, a natural step eventually. Same with Robin and Michael Trucco. With BR though after watching them commit to others, it'd be like

We would get to see how things play out with their new relationships while knowing they won't last beforehand (like Ted/Zoey) and wait for the day they get back together.

My only issue stems from knowing Ted meets the mother the day of the wedding and I don't see BR getting married til s8-ish. So if it is their wedding, are we really going to go that long without knowing her identity? It goes back to the 'does the show end when Ted meets the mother or do we see their love story play out?' debate.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Added you ~DiDi~ Welcome to the board.

At this point I don't think the writers are really concerned with the mother plot, they've got awhile for that.

Quote:
This quote is definitely all Barney thought... since he's saying this would be Jerry's response, there is no way Jerry would have ever known about them being together. So therefore we can assume Barney knows he needs to get back to Robin.

I like everyone's theories for the wedding. It totally needs to go that way.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I love what he said even he said in his own words.. <33 But I wish that he shouldn't act like he was like eh to it or something like that, but I felt that in somewhere that he was probably thinking about his future w/ her if he couldn't find anyone that he can be completely comfortable w/...

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

I love this episode! Why so perfect, show?

Quote:
This made me squee It's completely how he sees it and it kind of escaped his mind before he contemplated it

I think I already have
line might refer to Nora, but I think it's nice they leave it ambiguous, i don't know why.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

He was never happier than when he was with her. That is so a future title waiting to happen.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Omg the last episode! Totally on the BR mood.
And i don't think that when Barney said that he has already met the right girl has anything to do with Nora, it's just impossible in my opinion. That's definitely Robin.
I don't know what to think about the wedding thing in the finale though, i'm so confused about it; when will the finale air btw? late on May right?
It will be
worth it...
icon tumblr
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He was never happier than when he was with her. That is so a future title waiting to happen.
Definitely next title

^3 episodes left, but next week's a hiatus. I don't know about others.