Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ITA.

The look on his face at the very end just said it all.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
the whole other factor really got in the way to enjoying this episode
What other factor? You should post about it in episode discussion thread

Quote:
If there was a lot of blatant behavior about his affections in front of everyone else it would be so out of character for Barney, and that would be something that both the fans and the writers wouldn't want (even though that might give us more obvious BR interaction).
I agree. I'd be extremely disappointed if they went with very obvious scenes. The beauty of this pairing was always the subtlety of their interactions. It was always reading between the lines. Barney's confusion in the premiere was as close as they could do without ruining his character and his dynamic with Robin and I definitely don't expect them repeating such scenes anytime soon. In fact, I hope they won't. These 2 aren't ready to get together at all. Let's give them time to find their rhythm, to mature enough to take that risk. Anything more blatant than what we have now would be just too rushed. Let's savor what we get and what we get is pretty good.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

I will, I have to get this off my chest I might have some haters after that but oh, well..

Guys, I'm not saying there were none and that he should public declare his love for her on his knees or something like that. I'm watching it again right now, more of my thoughts later
Old 10-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh gods, the image you gave me... No please, TPTB, don't you ever have a down on one knee or similar scene. I don't support this ship for its romanticism
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that look at the end of the episode when she mentioned Japan. That was a great look/reaction shot.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Oh gods, the image you gave me... No please, TPTB, don't you ever have a down on one knee or similar scene. I don't support this ship for its romanticism
that's a thing I wouldn't want to see even in a dream

Okay, I see what you guys mean, but I stick with part of my thoughts. There could've been more. I want something from her. I know she has no idea of his feelings and if she feels the same way about him she probably doesn't know, but a girl can dream and complain, right?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

He looks so sad in the end.

i love you. ♡
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

I wouldn't count on any reaction from Robin yet. She's just not into it. Yet I think whatever tiny, more-than-friends feelings she might have had for Barney, she buried them deep after the last year's fiasco.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
I wouldn't count on any reaction from Robin yet. She's just not into it. Yet I think whatever tiny, more-than-friends feelings she might have had for Barney, she buried them deep after the last year's fiasco.
Yeah and any feelings on Robins part that suddenly appear in an episode would be out of the blue. We need to at least see some progression, because in her mind her and Barney never happened. I think its definitely plausible and I think (and really hope) that towards the end of the season we'll see some progression. But I think the good thing is that Robin and Barney make sense. If some things change and they get their act together lol, I think that they are way more suitable for eachother than Ted/Robin ever were, especially in terms of what they want in a relationship.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do wonder though if he's going to be more obvious about it now because she might leave or if he's going to reel it in more.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think he's going to reel it in. Because well I highly doubt Robin is gone for long, so I think if the writers are going to have his feelings revealed I think they'll show Barney without Robin and then possibly letting out his feelings when she returns.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, a few episodes of Cobie in Japan would be enough. Having her away from the gang, having her own storyline and only being able to interact by phone for more than one or two would suck.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I think the good thing is that Robin and Barney make sense
Yeah they even said this once.. I can't remember which episode/season

Quote:
I think whatever tiny, more-than-friends feelings she might have had for Barney, she buried them deep after the last year's fiasco.
Yeah, that's my thought too, unfortunately
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Extreme Fan

they're just so darn cute together! i never really ship them when I first started watching the show but after awhile I could feel something there (after Robin was Barney's wing-woman episode).

And the last episode u could totally see how scare Barney looked when Robin said she might be moving away.
{SimonAlisha | misfits}
Kate | icon
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

ACK! I his face at the end
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Closed Thread   Post New Thread