Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

I never noticed that, but definitely.

I'm seriously going to wonder about how dense Robin is if they don't end up showing us that she somewhat knew the entire time. It's so obvious.
Amy | icon | livejournal | tumblr
Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Robin in Murtaugh. I love when BR pick on Ted. They're so evil together. And it shows they have the same way of looking at life.
Plus Robin in the rave outfit was pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

And the two person voice message. "Hey, this is Barney", "and Robin"...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_disaster (View Post)
I never noticed that, but definitely.

I'm seriously going to wonder about how dense Robin is if they don't end up showing us that she somewhat knew the entire time. It's so obvious.
Well it's obvious to us, but I don't think it would be that obvious to Robin.
They've been friends for over four years now, to see that he was in love with her, would be difficult for anyone, but especially Stubborn Robin, who has always seen Barney in her ally for all things non-romantic.
Also, we've seen Barney's sad-face, and him confessing to everyone, but Robin hasn't. Like the possimpible, it seems awfully obvious to us that Barney is doing it because he's in love, but besides the almost proposal, his getting her the job was exactly how Barney acts towards his friends. He's not nice to them in a general way, but he pulls through for the big things, he did after all get a job for Marshall twice and Ted a job. He also got Lily and Marshall back together, and he comforted Robin over Simon.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How-very-girl629 (View Post)
Well it's obvious to us, but I don't think it would be that obvious to Robin.
They've been friends for over four years now, to see that he was in love with her, would be difficult for anyone, but especially Stubborn Robin, who has always seen Barney in her ally for all things non-romantic.
Also, we've seen Barney's sad-face, and him confessing to everyone, but Robin hasn't. Like the possimpible, it seems awfully obvious to us that Barney is doing it because he's in love, but besides the almost proposal, his getting her the job was exactly how Barney acts towards his friends. He's not nice to them in a general way, but he pulls through for the big things, he did after all get a job for Marshall twice and Ted a job. He also got Lily and Marshall back together, and he comforted Robin over Simon.
True.

Although, if she really wanted to see it, she probably could. The thing is, she probably wouldn't want to see it and would be in denial over the entire thing.

When he finally does tell her, it probably will make sense to her then.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_disaster (View Post)
And the two person voice message. "Hey, this is Barney", "and Robin"...
They just have SO much fun together. I love it.

I bet Robin feels something, not love yet maybe, and she just thinks Barney will never be anything other than himself which includes his pickups.

Also, anyone intrigued by her coming to him in 'Shelter Island' and he blew it by having a girl tied to the bed already? She definitely went to him for comfort after her confrontation with Ted but I'm unsure if it was supposed to be another one night stand or just as friends or what. What do you guys think about that scene, from Robin's perspective?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The thing is, she probably wouldn't want to see it and would be in denial over the entire thing.
Exactly.

And ok, I know its not canon and so it might actually be off topic, but this line in metal heart, totally and completely slays me.

Quote:
“Yeah.” She breathes in deep, tips her head up to look him in the eyes. Counts to three, exhales it all. “I adore you, you know. Totally gone.”

Angela; tumblr;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
his getting her the job was exactly how Barney acts towards his friends. He's not nice to them in a general way, but he pulls through for the big things, he did after all get a job for Marshall twice and Ted a job. He also got Lily and Marshall back together, and he comforted Robin over Simon.
This is a beautiful testimonial to all things Barney. It is exactly the way he operates and I love that about him.

I think Robin could suspect or know that Barney has some sort of crush on her, but she might be in denial, or just flat out not even think that it's love.

Whatever it is...I'm just so so excited for it all.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also, anyone intrigued by her coming to him in 'Shelter Island' and he blew it by having a girl tied to the bed already? She definitely went to him for comfort after her confrontation with Ted but I'm unsure if it was supposed to be another one night stand or just as friends or what. What do you guys think about that scene, from Robin's perspective?
I think this is one of the scene they could go back to in flashbacks. They've had a bunch of these incredibly subtle scenes from Robin this season, that could definitely be expanded.
Getting the waitress in Do I know you, the shelter island scene, Benifits, Her look in the last episode when Barney calls her the greatest woman in the world, her speech for three days of snow.

Quote:
This is a beautiful testimonial to all things Barney. It is exactly the way he operates and I love that about him.
Thats why I love him too. Besides the fact that he's freaking awesome.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

It kind of felt like a potential 'one night stand' to me. Alcohol, in his room... It would be interesting storytelling in any case. Barney wants to sleep with Robin and is figuring out a way to get her to do that. Robin ends up coming to him, but he's the one that screws it up by sleeping with someone else.

I love that line.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love that line.
Me too. Its so original and them.

It did feel like a one-night stand thing. Which is interesting to how Robin see's Barney. We clearly see that she's physically attracted to him, like in The Fight, and perhaps that she can go to him when she's sad. Like in Sandcastles and Shelter Island.

I think she was planning it before her fight with Ted though, she had brought the bottle with her, and her life was crappy in general, I think the fact that her old love was getting married just reminded her of that.

Where did Cordy go?

Angela; tumblr;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
Getting the waitress in Do I know you, the shelter island scene, Benifits, Her look in the last episode when Barney calls her the greatest woman in the world, her speech for three days of snow.
Completely agreed. That's why I almost suspect flashbacks. We haven't seen a lot from her POV at all this season, which is rare.

Quote:
It kind of felt like a potential 'one night stand' to me. Alcohol, in his room... It would be interesting storytelling in any case. Barney wants to sleep with Robin and is figuring out a way to get her to do that. Robin ends up coming to him, but he's the one that screws it up by sleeping with someone else.
Totally. But then again, it might have been better for them the way it turned out, instead of another one night stand. That could have gone all kinds of wrong. Oh, the greek tragedy of it all in that scene!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AIR~ (View Post)
Completely agreed. That's why I almost suspect flashbacks. We haven't seen a lot from her POV at all this season, which is rare.

Totally. But then again, it might have been better for them the way it turned out, instead of another one night stand. That could have gone all kinds of wrong. Oh, the greek tragedy of it all in that scene!
I'm glad they didn't hook up in Shelter Island, because disbelievers can write off Sandcastles, as Robin being sad and semi-drunk, and needing comfort. I want their next hook-up to be solely about want.

Angela; tumblr;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

There are a lot of moments they could definitely delve into for flashbacks, that's for sure.

Them hooking up in Shelter Island probably would have been a huge disaster. I'm glad it happened the way it did.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

It set up a nice Barney Dilemma for the whole season.
Although I'm a little sad by the twentieth episode he still can't decide what he wants, it makes sense and it feels very real.

Angela; tumblr;
Closed Thread   Post New Thread