Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Gwen! Thanks for the link to Alexis' Instagram! It's okay, faulty links happen.

Yep, I do think it makes sense that just David, Charisma, Alexis, Amy, and August returned for the reunion, since they were the main cast. I'm glad that Charisma came back after the way she left the show. I'm surprised that James showed up for the reunion since he was only in the final season, but it's great that he did. And who's that other guy? Is he the villain who took Connor from Angel? I agree, most fans didn't like Connor. I still would've liked to have seen Julie Benz and Juliet Landau, though. It's nice that they honored Glenn and Andy.

Aww, Alexis hugged David? And I'm glad that James brought up The Girl In Question, because that's one of my favorite episodes. Man, I really wish Angel had gotten a sixth season because they deserved one. The ratings were still high, so it made no sense when WB cancelled it.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
They are picture perfect together!
Definitely
Old 06-23-2019, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

It made no sense for Alexis to be at the Buffy reunion. Technically Buffy and Angel were a part of each other's lives a bit considering the crossovers.

Alex, you didn't see my gifs.

I think the other guy was David Greenwalt.

James was the main cast in Season 5.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What year was that photo taken?
Old 06-23-2019, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
It made no sense for Alexis to be at the Buffy reunion. Technically Buffy and Angel were a part of each other's lives a bit considering the crossovers.

Alex, you didn't see my gifs.

I think the other guy was David Greenwalt.

James was the main cast in Season 5.
OMG, I'm sorry, Mary! I was replying to Gwen's post and I didn't even see the stuff you posted! Thanks so much! I love those gifs from the reunion! They all look great! And thanks for the pic of Alyson and Alexis! They look so lovey there.

Well, Alexis was in season 3 of Buffy as Faith's Watcher, so I guess that's why he was at the Buffy reunion. But Willow was only in a couple of episodes of Angel, so I guess that's why Alyson wasn't there. Maybe Vincent just didn't want to attend? I don't know. I do agree with you that Julie and Juliet should've been at the Angel reunion because Darla and Drusilla made such great villains on Angel. I also think Christian Kane could've also attended because Lindsey McDonald was pretty much Angel's greatest arch-nemesis.

Ah yes, David Greenwalt was one of the executive producers. Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I know James was a regular cast member in season 5. I loved him as part of the cast.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

People complained that Alexis was at the Buffy reunion. The Angel reunion is very disappointing. Christian Kane and David Boreanaz are pretty good friends. We needed more!!!

They should've added the Buffy main villains in the BTVS reunion, and should've waited for Anthony Stewart Head to come.

It's a disgrace that Eliza wasn't at both reunions.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
People complained that Alexis was at the Buffy reunion. The Angel reunion is very disappointing. Christian Kane and David Boreanaz are pretty good friends. We needed more!!!

They should've added the Buffy main villains in the BTVS reunion, and should've waited for Anthony Stewart Head to come.

It's a disgrace that Eliza wasn't at both reunions.
Well, they shouldn't have, because Alexis was on Buffy before he was on Angel. If Glenn Quinn hadn't been fired, Wesley wouldn't have even been on Angel. I also agree with you about Christian. He should've been there too, along with Julie and Juliet. Lindsey was Angel's greatest enemy. I didn't know he and David were friends.

Meh, I don't know. How many Buffy villains can you have in a reunion? I'd only want the important ones.

Well, it's Eliza's choice.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, they shouldn't have, because Alexis was on Buffy before he was on Angel. If Glenn Quinn hadn't been fired, Wesley wouldn't have even been on Angel. I also agree with you about Christian. He should've been there too, along with Julie and Juliet. Lindsey was Angel's greatest enemy. I didn't know he and David were friends.

Meh, I don't know. How many Buffy villains can you have in a reunion? I'd only want the important ones.

Well, it's Eliza's choice.
It still pisses me off.

Well I know the shows better than you, and I've rewatched them many of times. It's like I have an addiction with the shows minus Angel Season 3 because the season contains the crappiest writing ever and didn't interest me much. The only thing I could stand about that season was the Buffy mentions at the beginning, Darla, and when Charisma took some time off. I don't even find Charisma to be hot anymore. Season 3 had the crappiest finale because the acting was horrible.

If Eliza didn't get the heads up, then it the creators that are on fault. It's no excuse on the Buffy reunion because she wasn't even conceiving anyone.

Rupert Giles was one of the Core Four, and the actor who played him wasn't even at the reunion.

As for the villians, I did explain it to you before, but apparently you forgot it instantly.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1: The Master/Mark Metcalf
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2: Spike/James Marsters, Drusilla/Juliet Landau, and Angelus/David Boreanaz.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3: The Mayor/Harry Groener
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4: Adam/George Hertzberg
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 5: Glory/Clare Kramer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 6: Warren Mears/Adam Busch, Andrew Wells/Tom Lenk, Jonathon Levinston/Danny Strong, and Dark Willow/Alyson Hannigan.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7: The First takes form of those who've died, so it would be impossible to even do that. I was surprised that it didn't take the form of Jenny Calendar for Giles. However Caleb was aligned with The First, so you would have to have Nathan Fillion come in.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe some actors just couldn't go?
Old 06-25-2019, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Mary, I didn't forget anything instantly. I meant, how many of the Buffy villains could they realistically have at the reunion? They know that the fans want to see the main cast more than anyone, so even if they did bring in some villain actors, it couldn't be that many. Julie Benz was on Angel more than she was on Buffy, but Juliet could've shown up.

Does anyone know for sure if Eliza wasn't contacted or if she just turned it down?

I do agree that the writing on Angel really did go downhill that season. That's when Connor showed up, and the less said about that the better. Charisma couldn't help getting pregnant prior to season 4, though.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I already know, but seeing the villains would be a great add on because they were main for each individual scene.

I like Mark Metcalf the best because he was so sinister in his role in Season One.

Well, I have a more understanding of Connor than Cordelia. Cordelia still had her arrogance even in the Angel years, which gets overlooked. Plus her childhood was better than Connor's. She wasn't brainwashed and was the victim in her childhood. Connor was. She put down "lower beings" about their paths, but she was the one with the downfall by her stupid arrogance. I don't like her influence on Angel. Xander even had a better future than her, and found actual jobs, and became foreman of construction. He got an apartment with Anya that wasn't haunted by a ghost, and fancier. She didn't have the brain to know that both Buffy and Angel are against charging people for selfless help, but Angel went along with it because David Greenwalt couldn't think of anything else. As for her appearance in You're Welcome, she didn't help Angel that much because her suggestion led to Los Angeles to go to Hell with Wesley dying and Gunn getting seriously injured and then becoming a vampire. She had the team she has been with go on a kamikaze mission. Buffy and Faith are better options when it comes to an apocalypse because of their duty. Buffy has visions, too. Joss was dumb to not notify them sooner.

Connor's path was like Faith's because of a rough childhood, but he wasn't evil. It's also like Fred's because of being in a Hell dimension, but Fred had a better childhood.

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 06-25-2019 at 10:14 PM
Old 06-26-2019, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright
Old 06-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I guess whomever was organizing the reunion decided the main cast was more important.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, Mary. But a lot of fans still ended up disliking Connor. I guess there was just something annoying about him. At least with Cordelia she was possessed by Jasmine for most of that time. But man, fans and critics hated that Cordy/Connor thing and were grossed out by it. I think the writers had to know they went off the deep end that season.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They could have after a while
Old 06-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Closed Thread   Post New Thread