Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

75K Celebration Thread

Testimonials/Thoughts/Comments

"First and formost I'm coming up on my 11th year here at FanForum and it's been a crazy ride, with many ups and downs... the HIMYM board certainly being an up. This board and all of you have become an important part to my daily life. And to see how much we've grown in the last year is amazing. When I first came here there was only a handful of posters and very little posting, and now it's more like a small makeshift family thats constantly together and I hope we continue to grow.

Special thanks to Sheida, my incredible awesome and wonderful former co-mod, the past eight months were a pleasure to mod with you and I hope to have many more awesome months with my new co-mod, Shari

As for the show itself, it's hard to put into words what it truely means to me. I've always been a severve TV addict but my obsession and need for HIMYM is unexplainable. I'm constantly rewatching episodes, the majority of which I know completely by heart. The characters and the relationships they have are amazing. The actors/actresses as well. Everything comes across as believable and realistic, something that most shows fail to do. Every monday I look forward to the new episodes and when in hiatus I can't wait to be new again.
75K is a huge milestone and I hope we have many more."
- Mysteria (Crystal)

What a great milestone, I'm so proud of our little board and so happy that we hit 75k it's a great time to be a HIMYM fan for me cause I only started watching last season, season 6 which I did love. I have enjoyed watching all of the episodes and during that time watchiing the past episode I came to love not on the show and the cast but also the characters. Barney is my favorite he's so funny and cheesy and NPH is just awesome. My favorite couple is BroTP, I think Barney & Robin have that IT factor where you know just how amazing they are together as friends and as a couple. I call them the mostawesomestcoupleever it goes with their awesomeness. So, anyway I'm so glad we hit this milestone and here's to getting to 100k. - Sparkleyღ (Shari)

I started to watch HIMYM in March 2011. It were just a few episodes, German dubbed and out of order. I didn’t understand most jokes and storylines like the yellow umbrella or the slap bet. Ohh and I hated Barney *duck*
One day in April asked a friend of mine if I know “How I met your Mother” she liked to watch it and could give me all seasons in English.
After I watched 6 seasons I was in love with those characters and the show. I needed to talk to somebody and that’s How I got to fanforum.
It is amazing how many crazy HIMYM Fans are here. It is awesome how great you can speculate about the next storyline, discuss my favorite ship or just review the last episode.

I’m really happy to be here. It’s like we are one big family who just can’t wait to know how Ted met the mother, Lily and Marshall are together as the one of the best married couple ever on TV and Barney and Robin who hopefully find each other.

I want to thank Crystal (Mysteria) and Sheida (S e r e n i t y) for their great work as Mods, for keeping this forum together and be this big family.
I also want to thank each one of you for posting all those amazing gifs and pics. Especially Carrie, (Crazy4NeilPatrickHarris) because new pics of NPH made my day always better.
The last thanks is for Svenja (Take The Leap), because it is awesome to speculate in English, but sometimes you need to speculate in German.
*HIMYM *
- *Willy* (Linda)

10 reasons why I love HIMYM and this board

1. The episodes are getting better and better - I mean 'New is always better' isn't it?

2. We have to wait one week till a new episode airs (pure torture), but it's always worth the wait (even during hiatus) and one can spend the remaining time on this board, talking with awesome people about an awesome show.

3. Each episode is way too short, but that way we get a whole bunch of awesomeness compressed in 21 amazing minutes. That gives us the opportunity to watch more episodes in less time.

4. The gang has an amazing friendship and it's just wonderful to watch them interact with one another.

5. HIMYM is different from other sitcoms, because they're not afraid of serious topics and the storyline is well-conceived.

6. I love the fact, that they continuously pick up storylines, they hinted on in post episodes.

7. The actors have amazing chemistry, seem to get along great and have a lot of fun on set. Not every show is like that.

8. I like it how Ted always tries to censor 'bad things' in order to protect his kids, but makes them obvious anyway. (Like Marshall and Ted 'eating a sandwich' or Robin 'going up on the roof and standing there by herself for five minutes' or Barney shouting 'Kiss her, kiss her!' in the cinema.)

9. Without my awesome friend Linda I would've never started watching HIMYM on a regular (or rather exaggerated) basis, because the german dubbed version seriously sucks and the voices do the characters absolutely no credit:
I want to thank her for constantly annoying me, till I finally started to watch the original version and got hooked instantly. You're legen...wait for it...dary! Laptop-Five!

10. Last but not least I want to say, that I'm deliriously happy, that I found this board, where I can not only express my addicted thoughts, without getting laughed at, but discuss them with awesome people from all over the word. And all this happens on an extremely friendly basis.
I've not been a member for a long time, but I already feel like home and every day I'm looking forward too logging-in and talking to you all. You're awesome guys and I have to add, that the moderators do an extremely good job.

Greetings,

Take The Leap (Svenja)

I was drawn to HIMYM by watching this video on YouTube, which I was brought to because at the time that was my favorite song. I had seen stray episodes before, such as The Bracket and The Naked Man, but I hadn’t gotten hooked until I saw that video and just HAD to see all the scenarios that the footage was from. And I was amazed. The continuity in this show is fantastic, there are montages and callbacks, they have T.V.s Happiest Couple, and they aren’t afraid to push limits in the “television and movies normally do this. But LIFE is like this.” And it’s great. And then to come here and find this board full of people who analyze and worry and obsess just like I do was pretty much a HIMYM dream come true. And now we are celebrating 75,000 posts of legendary HIMIM love. - WeBuiltThePyrmids (Nicole)

Icons

Sparkleyღ (Shari)

Mysteria (Crystal)

Banners/Arts

Sparkleyღ (Shari)

iamraine89 (Raine)

If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS

Last edited by MrღMrsStinsbatskys; 11-23-2011 at 07:12 AM
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Addicted Fan

The testimonials are off the hook! I love them!

Wait, can I post here?

|| Mitchell ღ Kate ||
iamraine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations on hitting this awesome milestone! 75k really is a big one. I read every single word in the OP, and I am amazed by how wonderful posting here must be.

I am recently getting extremely hooked on HIMYM, and after reading all of your thoughts and feelings I know I’m not alone.

I raise my glass to your legen... wait for it, wait for it!... dary board!
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Congrats everyone.
Great Thread!
It's all good..
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice OP, I knew we would get it before I woke up.

But, I'm so glad we did and I'm ready to celebrate.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Passionate Fan

here is my video i made for the party I making some icons too

I should have spray tanned that's the first thing i realize - NPH on Cleb beach Bowl

Last edited by Crazy4NeilPatrickHarris; 11-23-2011 at 05:38 AM
Crazy4NeilPatrickHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just put this in the boards celebration thread in the mod board.

Thanks for the vid Carrie!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Passionate Fan

your welcome

I should have spray tanned that's the first thing i realize - NPH on Cleb beach Bowl
Crazy4NeilPatrickHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Best. OP. Ever. I love how Lily's signature line is "you...sonofabitch!"

Oh, and what lovely testimonials and all the other art and ! And I definitely pimped this out on Twitter.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Congrats on 75k
Old 11-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on 75k The OP looks great!

green eyes sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really love the video Carrie really good song choice.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

I don't usually post here a lot because I started watching this show the last months, but anyway, congratulations on 75k !! Very good
I always loved this show, and although I don't know this board so much, I like it and there are nice people .

Quote:
here is my video i made for the party I making some icons too
great job ! That was the song you said you were listening
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for editing it the graphic of us actually hitting 75k. I was falling asleep.

Great work guys!
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
Thanks for editing it the graphic of us actually hitting 75k. I was falling asleep.

Great work guys!
I didn't even see that, but that's AWESOME! Wish I'd thought of that!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread