Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Skins US 1x04 [Cadie] Episode Discussion

1X04: CADIE

Writer: Monica Padrick
Director: Samir Rehem

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Cadie's cured - released from the hospital. Great. Except that Cadie's no better. Her friends are anxious to share her Rolodex of prescriptions. Her parents just want her to be good. But Cadie's worst problem is love -- an illness that can't be cured with pills. But that won't stop her from trying...

Last edited by lisztomania; 02-13-2011 at 03:48 AM
Old 02-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned

tyftnt

one more day

i wonder who wrote it

it better be good. cadie is the best, etc.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammary_Glands (View Post)
tyftnt

one more day

i wonder who wrote it

it better be good. cadie is the best, etc.
I can tell you're excited by your emoticon abuse.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmidnightx (View Post)
I can tell you're excited by your emoticon abuse.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

okay i really have no idea what's gonna hit us this episode. first of the american screenwriter's gonna handle this. and first non-scott smith directed as well. nothing against the dude but i'm ready for something new. didn't feel much of his episodes' cinematography.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
okay i really have no idea what's gonna hit us this episode. first of the american screenwriter's gonna handle this. and first non-scott smith directed as well. nothing against the dude but i'm ready for something new. didn't feel much of his episodes' cinematography.
Totally agreed with all of this. Let's hope it turns out good.

(Though I know people are gonna throw a bitch fit at the 'look up if you like me' line being used. )
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmidnightx (View Post)
Totally agreed with all of this. Let's hope it turns out good.

(Though I know people are gonna throw a bitch fit at the 'look up if you like me' line being used. )
ngl, i feel very protective of that line. and the EAT written with chips. does anyone know if they're going to use that one?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by policebox (View Post)
ngl, i feel very protective of that line. and the EAT written with chips. does anyone know if they're going to use that one?
i haven't seen any of it from the previews but idk, i might have missed something.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I wish they hadn't used that line, but as long as Britne puts her own spin on it, I'm sure she can make it more Cadie and less Cassie.

As for the chips, I doubt they'd do that because Cadie doesn't have an eating disorder, as far as I know.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth bluth (View Post)
Yeah, I wish they hadn't used that line, but as long as Britne puts her own spin on it, I'm sure she can make it more Cadie and less Cassie.

As for the chips, I doubt they'd do that because Cadie doesn't have an eating disorder, as far as I know.
i am slightly more enthusiastic for the ep, now that you guys said you didnt see anything in the previews. yeshh.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

With a brand new episode and a character who seems to be kinda different from the original, I don't understand why they to use the same lines. And I admit not liking the way it came off in the preview. But we'll see.
At the end of the day that won't make the episode better or worse.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm really looking forward to this. Skins USA seems to really thrive when they are using original characters (Tea) or characters that seem to be different from their UK counterparts.

lauren

danღblair | simonღalisha | jeffღannie

Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Um, the episode description from my cable provider claims this episode has "rude indecent language" and "explicit sexual activity".
Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Flawless episode, tbh.
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Before tonight, I haven't been all that impressed with US Skins. It's been improving, but still hasn't really been able to live up to the original series. With that said, I have to say I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

Cadie is *very* different from Cassie. She's very dark and very disturbed. I loved the part when Cadie told the doctor that she was thinking of stabbing her. I also liked her story about her parents being from the circus (the story she told to get more drugs, no doubt). I thought Britne Oldford did a fantastic job. I also have to say I thought she looked stunning tonight. She played Cadie well--she had a sweet vulnerability about her. I really felt sad for Cadie.

The acting of the other cast members has been improving too (except Tony, it almost seems like he's getting worse--if that's possible o_O). I really don't like the road they're going with Tea. With that said, the Tabitha/Tony stuff in the future makes more sense now. The other Tony was a bit of a sociopath. This one's motives are a bit more clear.

In series 1, Cassie had my favourite episode. I think Cadie might have mirrored that for me in this adaption.