Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whilst I don't agree with all the things HH does I don't think she's been seduced by PLL. Marlene King and the other writers plus Shay & Lindsey give AE a lot of interviews which gives them material to work with and to promote. Skins don't do that, and I think if they did then HH wouldn't be so negative about S7 and she'd also talk about the show more. Skins has kinda been forgotten about since Gen 2 aired so long ago, and in that time LGBT television in American has grown so of course she's going to cover that more.

It's Skins own fault in a sense. After Gen 2 finished there was buzz with the movie talk which ended up going nowhere, and Gen 3 wasn't a success so people moved onto other shows. Announcing the special's last year brought a little hype but when they're so secretive giving very little details, and with no exact air date it's hard to get that same level of interest it had in the heyday.
Read her Tweets, Tumblr and her articles. She literally gushes at all things PLL. In her eyes they can do no wrong. She isn't very objective when it comes to that show. And she has even been corrupted by Glee, she used to hate that show but these days she mostly defends it. She got upset with it for about five minutes after the bloggers comment but the second Glee talked about AE she was back on the bus.

Skins aren't going to give her info yet, they won't give it to anyone. They're being extras secretive this time. They really want the specials to be a surprise which is why they are playing games with Naomily. The BTS info we know suggest the opposite to what they're trying to say about them is true. Naomily aren't broken up but they are doing their damnest to make people think they are. HH is falling for their games. She hasn't checked out the BTS info this is out there, she's basing all her judgements on the official stuff. Which is very misleading. And yeah, you're right it is mostly Skins fault people are overly worried and not as excited as they should be. They're secrecy and misleading info is damaging the possible success of S7. But they can't or won't see that.

This JB Tweet says it all.

Quote:
@jamiehotsors if you're gonna answer every question w/ "i don't know" /"sorry spoiler" why don't u just tell us some stuff u know we'd like?

No.
That is where they're going wrong and why even HH is doubting them. Though it's not all down to Skins that she is obsessed with US shows now. AE has been told them have to cover certain shows so that's were her attention is. And she forgets about everything else. As for her not liking S6, fair enough. I didn't like it myself. But I'm not letting it pre-judge S7 for me. She and others are, and that's a little silly. Especially when S1-4 showed they're capable of great stuff. You've got to have some faith along with being cautious.

Quote:
When I first heard about the specials I was excited at the thought of Naomily being back on our screens. When I heard Jess was writing the Fire episode's, that excitement dwindled. It doesn't matter what information we have that Naomily will be ok or Kat & Lily being positive about the eps, I don't have a lot of faith in Jess. Which is why I'm always inbetween on watching the special in case she does fck them up.
Jess made me like Mini, which I thought would never happen. And amazingly I think Mini's episode is my favourite of S6 I also didn't mind the Mini & Franky episode and I don't even like the Minky friendship. I liked some of the scenes in that. She's not in her dad's league but I think she's better than her brother. No offense JB. So if we had have her or JB, I'd choose her every time. I trust her more. She is a Naomily fan, during an interview from pre-S6 she named the lake scenes as one of her favourite Skins scenes. Add that to positive LK and the BTS info and I'm not as worried as some. Do I think Fire will be brilliant? probably not. Nothing can top the characters past episodes. But I think it's be decent enough to be worth our time, and I'm hopeful Naomily will be okay whether I dislike the NY plot or not. I have to know and see more before I am ready to judge Jess or Fire. The same for Pure and Rise, which I am actually more pessimistic about. Though still hopeful they can deliver something.

-----------------------

Quote:
Lily May Loveless aka Naomi Campbell pops into the studio to say hi and remind you to subscribe to our channel
The YouTube channel are using Lily's middle name.

Last edited by Skinsfan; 03-22-2013 at 06:10 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

I did my duty, reported and voted for Emily, Naomi (against Isabel btw,, but **** Isabel ) and for Luce cause duh Lena Headey.. I also voted for 13 who's losing just for a bit.. against Shane from TLW, can you guys vote for 13 please? or am I the only one who hated Shane?

Lily Loveless on my subscriptions today, you have no idea how much I squeed I am rebloging all the gifs!

Yeah no.. Mini was a completely different character in S5, someone you could relate to, ,someone who had issues more than my boyfriend cheats on me.. she was an amazing character that you were supposed to dislike since she was extremely hateful towards EVERYONE in her generation and later became a hypocrite just to screw her best friend over (not that she didn't deserve it) and IMO Jess isn't the responsible for Mini's character being ruined.. it was the entire Skins team who decided to change her and almost every character in S6 seeking ratings and thinking changing the personalities of most of the characters and basically erasing S5 was going to provide them with better ratings for S6, OBVIOUSLY they were wrong.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Ok I voted Paige But I still love Luce

Quote:
Arizona's 5th on my list after Paily & Naomily I'm really liking Arizona this season since she's got a strong storyline & Calzona are getting back to there best.
We're mind twins Agreed about CA. They've had some really great moments/scenes this season. Last night's episode pretty much had me crying

Tell us how you really feel about Lost Girl Angel

Back to Skins. When should we start getting promo pics and stuff? A few weeks before air date?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

BTW am I the only one who thought Spencer winning for so much was ridiculous? like.. maybe I was the only one on earth who thought SON was a really BAD show?...
Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

SON was a bad show but I'll always have a soft spot for Spashley as they were the first lesbian ship for me
Old 03-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I did my duty, reported and voted for Emily, Naomi (against Isabel btw,, but **** Isabel ) and for Luce cause duh Lena Headey.. I also voted for 13 who's losing just for a bit.. against Shane from TLW, can you guys vote for 13 please? or am I the only one who hated Shane?
I already voted for Thirteen. Shane makes my skin crawl.

Quote:
Lily Loveless on my subscriptions today, you have no idea how much I squeed I am rebloging all the gifs!
Wait until we actually get her Top 5 I hope she picks mostly Naomily related scenes. There are so many great ones that haven't been picked yet. Though I think we'll be waiting weeks to see it. Merv's, Ollie's, JB's and maybe other ones were recorded first so will probably be uploaded first

Quote:
Yeah no.. Mini was a completely different character in S5, someone you could relate to, ,someone who had issues more than my boyfriend cheats on me.. she was an amazing character that you were supposed to dislike since she was extremely hateful towards EVERYONE in her generation and later became a hypocrite just to screw her best friend over (not that she didn't deserve it) and IMO Jess isn't the responsible for Mini's character being ruined.. it was the entire Skins team who decided to change her and almost every character in S6 seeking ratings and thinking changing the personalities of most of the characters and basically erasing S5 was going to provide them with better ratings for S6, OBVIOUSLY they were wrong.
I didn't think Mini was an amazing character in S5. I couldn't stand her and she is the biggest reason I ditched Gen 3. I didn't like her until Jess' episode when I came to empathize with her. And I came to understand her and why she was that way. Daddy and abandonment issues which explained it all for me. I don't actually think she was a different character in S5 tbh. She still had issues during S6, the only thing that changed from is she got over her sex hang-up's which she's already started to anyway. I didn't see a rewrite there, same with all the characters except maybe Franky. The rewrites I saw were some storylines dropped and they changed the tone from boring and depressing to OTT and depressing. I don't agree with a lot of people about all things S6, but then I didn't about S4 or 5 either Though I do not get where some people think S6 or Gen 3 are the best That is just pure insanity and they haven't got a clue what Skins as a show really is. One thing we can all agree is S6 sucked when compared with S1-4 The rest we'll have to agree to disagree on

----------------------------------

Quote:
We're mind twins Agreed about CA. They've had some really great moments/scenes this season. Last night's episode pretty much had me crying

Back to Skins. When should we start getting promo pics and stuff? A few weeks before air date?
Very sweet scenes. I'd love a Naomily scene like the massage one in Fire, something tender and loving in the hospital.

JB made it sound like around June for the trailers. They tend to come out first so pics a few days after probably. Unless they do it differently this year and we get the pics first. We've got weeks to wait either way.

---------------------------------------

Quote:
BTW am I the only one who thought Spencer winning for so much was ridiculous?
Not really. SON could be dodgy at times but Spencer as a character was a good lesbian one. And she's still a fan fav on Tumblr. I don't think she should beat others on the poll but I think she should go a bit further.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

June is going to be a busy month. Return of PLL and new Skins stuff. So far away

Are we still planning on doing a Gen 2 rewatch? I'm up for it if anyone wants to do it here I haven't seen S3 and 4 in quite awhile.

I really think Spencer started my fascination with blondes Agreed she was such a good lesbian character.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
SON was a bad show but I'll always have a soft spot for Spashley as they were the first lesbian ship for me
Yeah SON was bad especially late s2/early s3 but Spashley were my second lesbian ship and they were cute at times.

Quote:
I know I watched there scenes on YT earlier they're so precious. I loved the massage scene and Bailey interrupting there sex talk Callie's the best wife ever

Quote:
June is going to be a busy month. Return of PLL and new Skins stuff. So far away
June will be here before you know it And Sammy's very excited for her birthday
Old 03-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sammy, let's be honest Callie isn't the best wife ever but she was a good wife in this episode, and a lot more recently. Arizona qualifies more for the wife award.

Emily really would be the best wife ever. Naomi is a lucky woman..

Quote:

Are we still planning on doing a Gen 2 rewatch? I'm up for it if anyone wants to do it here I haven't seen S3 and 4 in quite awhile.

I really think Spencer started my fascination with blondes Agreed she was such a good lesbian character.
Oh fck. Is PLL back on in June? there goes Naomily getting people's or HH's attention back. I thought that would be on hiatus. Booooo

I'll do a rewatch even if I only just did one I can watch Naomily scenes again before Fire. I was kind of planning to a full re-watch post Fire (if they survive) of their scenes start to finish. Get their whole journey in one session. Which will take at least 5.5 hours because their S3/4 related scenes are over 5 hours already. And I expect their Fire related scenes to be 30 minutes or more, when you include Naomi's solo stuff as well as Emily/Naomily. I forgot to add in the time to re-read their parts of the novel. So add even more time on to that.

I'm still not a blonde lover Spencer was very cute but I don't think I really fancied her. Naomi once she grew her hair is one the blonde exceptions for me. Spencer was a good character in her own right. Okay, admittedly she wasn't as deep as some others, not even including Naomi and Emily. But she had a lot of good qualities.

-------------------------------------------

Last edited by Skinsfan; 03-22-2013 at 07:11 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Sammy, let's be honest Callie isn't the best wife ever but she was a good wife in this episode, and a lot more recently. Arizona qualifies more for the wife award.
Callie was a pretty lousy girlfriend at times they both were. But since they got married there relationship's improved a lot. Just let me bask in the Calzona goodness ok it's been a long season

Quote:
Emily really would be the best wife ever. Naomi is a lucky woman..
I'm not gonna argue that I was re-watching there season 3 scene's the other day and they're so

PLL finished on Tuesday and the new season starts June 12th as part of the summer programming.

I gotta try and get some sleep cause I wanna hit the gym in the morning before going shopping with my mum to try and relieve my boredom.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Tell us how you really feel about Lost Girl Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
What have LG fans done to you? I admit I find some a bit full-on but I don't know them that well. I did vote for the others against them but not because I was trying to vote them out but because I liked the others more. We're not getting them out, Angel Their polls are getting more votes than some of the others.
OMG you GUYSSSSSS you dont get mEEHH!!

LG fans are annoying because they think that those two girls are the new messiah that walks on water. I guess Im most annoyed that they are so hooked on another show and another boy/girl/girl triangle. Its like... enough of that annoying SL. I had enough with Las Aparicio for a lifetime! its ppl like them that allow writers to do this to us, to keep having one of the girls go back to guys and and... its just annoying. real lesbians do exist you know?! not just bi/curious women. That is somethign I dont forgive Skins for. The whole Tea thing

Anyways, Lisa with that attitude were not going to get no where!! last time we pulled it off didnt we?! well... we need to do it again this time. Good thing im on spring break and I can spam ppl on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
I might be wrong and HH is right to be worried But right now I have no reason to think so, I'm going to wait for more spoilers or to see it to judge. I've seen bits of Paily and I agree with you, they seen nice but they don't have the history, depth, intensity or I have a feeling the lasting power of Naomily. But people are attracted to what's shiny and new including HH by the looks of it. You forget the good in the old when dazzled by the new it's human nature.
That is exactly what Im going to do.... wait until I watch and then if I dont like somethign Ill bitch about it
Old 03-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

That's why I don't even bother with gay couples tbh.. Just incest for me now, thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
LG fans are annoying because they think that those two girls are the new messiah that walks on water. I guess Im most annoyed that they are so hooked on another show and another boy/girl/girl triangle. Its like... enough of that annoying SL. I had enough with Las Aparicio for a lifetime! its ppl like them that allow writers to do this to us, to keep having one of the girls go back to guys and and... its just annoying. real lesbians do exist you know?! not just bi/curious women. That is somethign I dont forgive Skins for. The whole Tea thing

Anyways, Lisa with that attitude were not going to get no where!! last time we pulled it off didnt we?! well... we need to do it again this time. Good thing im on spring break and I can spam ppl on twitter
There's nothing wrong with having bi characters. Callie off Grey's is and she doesn't run back and forth between her wife and a man. It's triangle's in general that are at fault. I hated the Frankie-Cat-Sam triangle on Lip Service. It doesn't matter what genders are involved they suck. I don't see the hype about LG or Bo/Lauren because the ship says 'doomed'. And Bo isn't going to end up with anyone IMO. But people were looking for something new to get crazy about and LG is it. I still think the on screen sex plays a part Each to their own.

All we can do is vote, Angel. I tweeted the links and that's the best I can do. Naomi should win hers. It's Emily that needs the help, but they fandoms not voting enough. She would have walked this even a year ago, oh the fickle nature of people

Quote:
That is exactly what Im going to do.... wait until I watch and then if I dont like somethign Ill bitch about it
I'll be bitching if I don't like something I'll throw the mother of all tantrums if Naomily are ruined. I'll throw a tantrum even if they aren't but they broke up temporarily in the last three years. If they aren't long term and faithful since 408, solid now and ending together I will call Jess and Skins every swear word going. But right now I'm not really worried and I think it'll be okay. I have to wait for more before I can really judge.

-----------------------------

Quote:
That's why I don't even bother with gay couples tbh.. Just incest for me now, thanks!
That's an... interesting logic Gay couples have more chance of happening and lasting, you know that right?

--------------------------

Quote:
@D_Geth

Cuttin bloody early on Sat to bring this beast of an episode home. 7 days and counting @Skins. Then Lock!
If they're close to finishing the editing or half way through why is it still taking another 3-4 months until it all airs?

---------------------------

More Lily because it's her and it's Fire/Naomily related

Last edited by Skinsfan; 03-23-2013 at 05:46 AM
Old 03-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
If they're close to finishing the editing or half way through why is it still taking another 3-4 months until it all airs?
Because E4 have other programs in there schedule before Skins they need to air. Made in Chelsea's back in a few weeks and that's in the timeslot they used for Gen 3, plus they've got a few American shows coming back as well as some homegrown shows.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Because E4 have other programs in there schedule before Skins they need to air. Made in Chelsea's back in a few weeks and that's in the timeslot they used for Gen 3, plus they've got a few American shows coming back as well as some homegrown shows.
They should move those things for Skins. It will get better ratings than those. They had planned to have them moved because Skins has meant to be on in Spring. I don't know why E4 changed their minds, it's not down to their being delays with the post production. It's strange.

------------------------

I've just seen the most stupid person ever when I was going through the Naomily tag on Tumblr. She thinks:

- Emily cheated on Naomi with JJ and it's just as bad as Naomi/Sophia

- Emily lost her virginity to JJ and that's why she slept with him because she wanted rid of it

- Emily probably never had sex with Naomi at the lake because we didn't see her part on screen. So she didn't lose her virginity to her

- Emily saying 'I've never had a boyfriend' and 'No. I've never' to Naomi about sleeping with a girl doesn't mean she didn't sleep with someone before

- Naomi is bi and into Cook. Even if she said she wasn't in the show/novel that doesn't matter because the blogger thinks it's true so it is

- Naomily's ILU's don't really count as real because they never said 'I love you' back on the show

- Anything in the novel doesn't count even if it's canon because it didn't happen on the show

- What the characters, Lily, Kat, writers and Skins say doesn't matter because she has her own thoughts on everything and that makes her right

She has got to be the dumbest person I have ever seen claiming to be a Naomily fan. S3/4, the novel, the blogs and interviews flew right over her head I knew there were people who didn't like Naomily so claimed some of these things to justify their dislike and for wanting Naomi to be bi. But a Naomily fan blog saying these things is just WOW. These have been outright stated by the characters, LK or the writers so they can't be disputed. Apparently that doesn't stop some people trying. The Skins fandom is the only one I have seen where some people try to rewrite the history of the show outside of fanfic.

Last edited by Skinsfan; 03-23-2013 at 06:00 AM