Elite Fan

you deserved it plus your first name is so short
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

my entire name is 2 syllables.

KINDER EGG kgjfruhgre
Old 12-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Elite Fan

your name is annoyingly short. Change it.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

I could change it to um... I umm.... Emily only has 3 syllables in her name....
Old 12-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

change it to like, a really long name....

alright, gotta go to a birthday. Later
Old 12-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed Sameh!? WTF DAMMIT WORLD. *shakes fist*
Old 12-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

UGHHHHHHH, I need to go as well. Have so much to do today and they decided to do repairs on the underground on the a bloody week day. Twats.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Guys, you should stop me from being so sprawling. Someone alerted me and made me realize that I wrote a lot, analogous to a short essay perhaps. I have a horrible habit of overanalyzing things. I do apologize if I go off. I like finding out other people’s opinion on things as I like sharing ideas. Though I am pretty sure those around me get pretty sick of it in quite a short expanse of time.

Ubernut, I am sure you don’t want me going on and on about things. I tend to analyze, analyze and then overanalyze things some more. The only thing I wanted to say was that there is nothing insipid about this phenomenon, though nobody here seemed dissatisfied with this particular idea. Coincidentally, I was working as an undergrad research assistant in a study based on this very topic. Even though I am a med student, I found it really interesting to look at things from both point of views so I got involved with this particular study. There seems to be this notion upheld by a majority of population that love has to be something that has to be cultivated over a period of time. While this is true, I found it a little interesting that most of the population (in our research at least) just didn’t believe that feelings or shall I rather say real strong feelings can be developed and sustained by someone which resulted from such a short span of time. I heard from my gf that some people were dissatisfied with the way the series ended for Naomi/Emily and even though there is a clear decline in the watching experience in season 2 compared to season 1, in my opinion the speech was not a way to simply get them to make up and move on with their relationship. The whole thing was pretty organic to Naomi’s character and while others are entitled to their opinions and beliefs, I would only recommend to those that didn’t find it believable to be a little open and perhaps look into what was really dissatisfying for them about season 2, which could be the insularity of the episodes as they basically cut off any chance there was of depicting proper progress for a issue this big, faced by this couple.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Hiiii y'aallll

Sammmiekins
Old 12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys

IA with you completely Sean, I wasn't particulary disatisfied with S4, and I don't believe the speech was rushed in anyway, it all made complete sense to me and for me S4 was realistic to the time frame it would take for any couple to overcome infidelity. Unlike other Skins couples who seem to get over it in 5 seconds, which is BS. Yes the insular feel to S4 could be a bit frustrating, but I am fine with how they handled Naomily and believe it was great television.

BTW don't stop writing long posts, we loved your last one.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oww, Lauren did her smut fic
Old 12-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
Hi guys

IA with you completely Sean, I wasn't particulary disatisfied with S4, and I don't believe the speech was rushed in anyway, it all made complete sense to me and for me S4 was realistic to the time frame it would take for any couple to overcome infidelity. Unlike other Skins couples who seem to get over it in 5 seconds, which is BS. Yes the insular feel to S4 could be a bit frustrating, but I am fine with how they handled Naomily and believe it was great television.

BTW don't stop writing long posts, we loved your last one.
Hello Lisa! Dunno if you are still around. Uh, I have been kicked out of my own bed 'cause apparently I keep on fidgeting due to being unable to sleep and can't find anything worthwhile to do. I had no problem with the duration it took for them to get over the cheating. I just thought that with good writing, even a single scene can sum up what the situation was like for them at various stages, for example, we heard from Naomi herself in episode 7 that their situation was quite precarious and they could end with either side of the flip of the coin that was to their relationship at that stage. Perhaps they could have shown a moment of that. Dunno if I am being clear about this but I hope you get the direction I am trying to point in.

Alas, the other relationships were pretty dud to me. I found it to be unengaging and utterly boring. No offense to anyone who liked the other couple-y stuff.

Have a nice day/night respective of where you are. I am gonna try to get some sleep!

Last edited by Sean_Carr; 12-27-2010 at 08:20 AM
Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't worry we didn't like the other couples

I think we saw enough of the angsty scenes to understand what was going on. Apparently more angsty scenes were filmed but edited out, and I get why they did that as it would have been repetative. There were only a couple of angsty scenes they edited out that I wish they had kept, but other than that I have no problem with it. I'm sure the movie will give us the good moments we missed in S4 for them as a couple after ep 2.