Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTown89 (View Post)
oh sorry i just don't want people to think that's what i really think of them, they're all flawless of course, it's kinda disgusting.
i'm supposed to feel good about my life and what ~bright decisions i make after watching Skins. i used to but now i see this cast and watch their interviews and see the show and think "wow im a sodding waste of ****ing space." i should have been born adorable, witty and fit a Skins character description to save my wasteful life.

yeah, that was me saying i want to be them. specifically Freya or Dakota.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTown89 (View Post)
i'll send you the alex/jess videos by pm since they're like loads.
Would you be able to PM me some too, please? I didn't know there were any videos of Jess/Alex together other than the heat webchat.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megprescottfan (View Post)

Alo > the rest
Ooh, do you know if there's an HQ version of this, or just one I can actually read? Definitely gonna have to get Heat for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
i'm supposed to feel good about my life and what ~bright decisions i make after watching Skins. i used to but now i see this cast and watch their interviews and see the show and think "wow im a sodding waste of ****ing space." i should have been born adorable, witty and fit a Skins character description to save my wasteful life.

yeah, that was me saying i want to be them. specifically Freya or Dakota.
ITA. Specifically Jessica for me. But yeah, this is spot-on. Watching Skins used to be like, oh it's alright, I **** up, they **** up too. Now, although all the characters still make mistakes, they seem more well-rounded somehow, and have all these interests and hobbies and do all these different things (before we mostly either saw them at home, at college or partying, now they seem to do a bigger variety of things) and then of course the cast are just this bunch of ridiculously adorable people, and they're all so gorgeous but in a realistic way (the kind which isn't too far-fetched and polished, so you're like...wait a sec, why do I not look like them)...so now when I watch it I also can't help but think, "wow im a sodding waste of ****ing space."

Gen 3 is amazing, though. And anyway, it's kind of starting to inspire me, so I don't mind

Last edited by fancydressmasks; 02-16-2011 at 02:20 PM
Old 02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Supreme Fan

lol yeah, someone needs to get a readable version of that scan. i hope what i'm seeing of mini/liv won't be their fate on the show.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Off topic here, but what does 'sodding' mean? or 'sod'? lol. I'm from America and we don't use that term/slang.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Supreme Fan

laya and jess had a '70s inspired photoshoot today.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

daaaaaaaaaaamn

gorgeous, flawless, ugh they're disgusting tbh.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

gahhh.

They are gorgeous!

Jess doesn't look like herself though!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
gorgeous, flawless, ugh they're disgusting tbh.
ikr? they sicken me.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl (View Post)
I don't like the title, none of them are ugly
agree :/
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

^ The title is sarcasm This cast is flawless.

We need a better version of that scan. I want to see Alex's pretty face

Last edited by ring of fire; 02-16-2011 at 06:24 PM
Old 02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoemster (View Post)
[]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgq1vxLpKY1qgxf7xo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

They both look so pretty! Jess is flawless
Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glee-Fan (View Post)
Off topic here, but what does 'sodding' mean? or 'sod'? lol. I'm from America and we don't use that term/slang.
Urban Dictionary: sod

my my Jess is SO pretty in that photo. now i can't wait to see her in the photoshoot itself

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoemster (View Post)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg...xf7xo1_500.jpg

Wow! Can't wait to see the photoshoot. Do you know where it will be? As in what magazine? (Or online thing, or whatever.)

Last edited by Amberness; 02-17-2011 at 02:42 AM
Old 02-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

cultbox review for episode 4

Quote:
The character of Liv (Laya Lewis) had been a bit of a mystery up until last week, when we saw a glimpse of this promiscuous easy going girl who would claim to have morals but was alien to the concept of self control, hence sleeping with her best friend’s boyfriend. It wasn’t a great first impression of the character, admittedly.

This week, Liv has a chance to win us round with her centric episode, so we see Liv sleep with her best friend Mini's boyfriend Nick again, but we then see that she’s not too happy about it. She returns to a house where a mother (guest star Jaye Griffiths) lectures but doesn't comfort her daughter, and to a little sister who feels Liv has betrayed her. Liv is simply a girl who wants to get away from her messed up life.

And get away she does. As Mini turns up at Liv's free house with the entire group, attempting to regain control and form a big group of friends, Liv would evidently rather be anywhere else. Escaping to visit her jailed sister (at a location that Being Human fans will recognise instantly), it’s soon clear that the one person Liv looks up to is behind bars. It's an interesting concept, but one that is not fully explored in this episode.

After the initial group scenes - the kind of Skins ensemble moments that some viewers have missed so far this series - the main focus in Episode 4 becomes Liv's encounter with the mysterious Matty (Sebastian De Souza) and their surreal drug-induced adventures together. Above the law and daring, yet cryptic and secretive, Matty is exactly what Liv wants. Although the relationship quickly turns sexual, it’s clear that this is incidental; Liv just wants a new start, a partner in crime. Despite many rehashed ideas from previous series, the results of this partnership are entertaining and a little bit beautiful nonetheless.

Although it's never fully explained what it is Liv wants to get away from, touching on many aspects of her life but none in any real detail, this episode is nevertheless classic Skins. Liv consumes more vodka than is humanly possible, on two occasions, and genuinely believes this is how she can prove her love and friendship. As with so many of the show's characters , love and family are alien concepts to Liv - all she knows is the hedonistic lifestyle of sex, drugs and alcohol. Lots of alcohol.

It's not exactly the most logically written episode of Series 5 (a shock twist seems a tad improbable, although gets away with it by being a genuine surprise), Liv’s story encompasses everything that Skins stands for and is actually the saddest episode of the series so far as a result. Where this seemingly doomed cast can go from here is unsure, but it's certain by the manic preview of next week's episode, focusing on Nick (Sean Teale), that they are indeed going places... places that they almost certainly shouldn't go.

i don't know why i even bother reading this any more but most of this (poorly written) review has got me excite for the episode.

'seemingly doomed cast'