Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
That is why I don't want more than 4 seasons, lol. Keep the integrity, yo!
Yep! I cant even imagine what a season 5 or 6 would be like.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We will all be shipping Nate/Dorota and Vanessa/Vanya in season 5, lol.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Bwah. As long as I get Rufus/Vanessa at some point I'm OK. just kidding. But seriously, the only real threat to DV and SN IMO is Dan/Serena. It still kind of blows me away how much they've been obliterated. They seem to have no lingering romantic feelings at all, but at one time they were the show's signature romantic couple. The writers put an enormous amount of time and energy into their storyline. So it's kind of shocking that there seems to be nothing left there.

It's funny but I'm not threatened by any alternative romantic pairing for Chuck or Blair. Not Nate/Blair. Not Chuck/Jenny. Not Dan/Blair. None of them worry me. But the way the writers decided to dispatch with Dan and Serena? THAT gives me pause and makes me think - anything is possible. As solid as Chuck and Blair seem to be at the moment there's always a chance they'll be obliterated the way Dan and Serena have been.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And we'll find out that Nate is the real father of Dorotas baby.

ITA tversky.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the thing, though. In order for CB to be obliterated, it would have to be due to a negative response from critics and fans. People last season were clamoring that DS were going in circles and getting boring - that's why they got eliminated.

Whereas, with CB, the fans and media constantly clamor for more - not less - CB. So in order for CB to get scrapped, it would have to be due to a big misstep on the writers' part that led to fans hating CB, lol.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresadawn (View Post)
Its hard for me to to really buy Nates feelings for most girls but with Serena I am feeling different. I feel like with DV if Dan hurts V again they are over friendship included.
Oh, I very much agree. It's not that I think he never cared for Blair or Vanessa, but those feelings were just too fleeting and with no depth. With Serena, we've always been able to see this depth to Nate that he's otherwise lacked.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's the thing, though. In order for CB to be obliterated, it would have to be due to a negative response from critics and fans. People last season were clamoring that DS were going in circles and getting boring - that's why they got eliminated.

Whereas, with CB, the fans and media constantly clamor for more - not less - CB. So in order for CB to get scrapped, it would have to be due to a big misstep on the writers' part that led to fans hating CB, lol.
I hope you're right because at the risk of repeating myself for the millionth time: No Chuck/Blair means no Gossip Girl for me.
They are still my number one reason for viewing and as much as I like other characters and pairings, they won't be enough to keep me tuning in if CB get obliterated.

For me the thing that killed Dan/Serena was actually the writing for Dan - not them becoming boring. It was a huge misstep on the part of the writers to make Serena put HIM on a pedestal and have her clamoring after HIS approval and forgiveness (especially for stuff she shouldn't be asking him forgiveness over - like her not living up to the preconceived image he had of her.) I think I told this story once before (so once again forgive me for repeating myself) but I gave my mom my Season 1 and Season 2 Gossip Girl DVDs to watch and the one major takeaway she had was she really disliked Dan. That was it. (Well, she also liked Lily. Go figure.)

Anyway, I just hope you're right! The prospect of Chuck and Blair getting dismantled is pretty heartbreaking. Not just as a fan but because the characters have gone through so much and seem so supportive and emotionally dependant on each other.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I think CB are here for good, lol. Even if the writers start writing them badly, EL will still pull off the scenes and keep CB looking good to fans and critics. And they have so much buildup that to not end up with them together, it would be completely pointless.

NS and DV I'm not as certain about, but right now they seem incredibly viable to me. They're getting a great response from fans and critics (as far as I know), and they, as well as CB, just make sense together: they're the same kind of people, from the same "world."
icon: kajsaan | gg fashion blog
Old 12-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What I love about the Trifecta is just how plausible and realistic all three couples are. I can easily see why they'd all be drawn to each other. They may not be "fairy tale" romances - even if they have Disney correlations, lol - but they are what real life love stories are made of.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Very true Tati, . Also, I loved your video . So cute.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

I loved that video, too! I've always thought that was a good song for NS, and it really does fit all three couples.

I would think that they're not stupid/crazy/irrational enough to do anything that would ever end CB. CB's kind of their goldmine that they accidentally hit.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL. They're lucky they had Ed audition for Chuck, haha.

I know one of the guys who was in the final callbacks for Chuck. And if he had gotten the part, trust me, we wouldn't be shipping Chuck/anyone
Old 12-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
LOL. They're lucky they had Ed audition for Chuck, haha.

I know one of the guys who was in the final callbacks for Chuck. And if he had gotten the part, trust me, we wouldn't be shipping Chuck/anyone
I wonder Tati. Does he know we all must feel this way?

Old 12-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was going to make a Trifecta banner as a christmas gift for the shippers, but my computer decided to be retarded.