Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

David/Emily #4: b/c he jumped on her ... in a different kind of way

welcome to the 4th David/Emily Friendship Appreciation thread!
["b/c he jumped on her ... in a different kind of way"]

Not every day comes along two co-stars who not only sparkle together on the screen, but also off. Welcome to the
thread dedicated to probably the cutest friendship in the world between David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel.
Let us tell you: You can't fake chemistry this good!

[supporters];

1. some mad hope
2. wywy86
3. Pasadora
4. flanmaja
5. dice8us
6. foreverwood42
7. Anny86
8. hockeymom19
9. I_Wish_I_Were_Kerry
10. addisonlover
11. Laurababora
12. courtneymudie7
13. merveille
14. BeMyBaby
15. rach3
16. Wildfire Girl
17. Semperance
18. daritah
19. SilviahPaulian
20. xlennie
21. GracieLou
22. *~Sophia~*
23. DreamWalker
24. Angel2005
25. basketmaker
26. courtney921
27. SaRaBonesPortugal
28. ~Catrina~
29. hohes_C
30. Lazy Cat
31. AmericanDirrty
32. Motoko Ayoama
33. DisneyPrincess
34. tidbit2008
35. annie100
36. +Linds+
37. Ronata
38. alexia23
39. Ooops
40. emilee_derie
41. Sophia.
42. krizzteh
43. carolilly
44. K.Corinne
45. Ryan-Marissa<3

+if you want to be added ask the thread or PM the thread starter

[reasons];

1. Because their chemistry is UNDENIABLE.
2. Because they sparkle together on the screen and off the screen.
3. Because they are a twosome of utter cuteness!
4. Because they are BB shippers!!
5. Because they meet on the weekends to work on their scenes.
6. Because he’s a wonderful friend.
7. Because they interact like they’ve been working together forever.
8. Because they challenge each other as characters and actors everyday.
9. Because when she first met him it just “felt right”.
10. Because his hand is always around her waist.
11. Because when he looks into her eyes he observes many, many moons.
12. Because David kisses her all the time.
13. Because she says he's like a little child.
14. Because he makes fun of her constantly.
15. Because he loves being around Emily.
16. Because he missed her during the season 1 hiatus.
17. Because she always blushes when he tries to kiss her
18. Because they are lightening in a bottle!
19. Because their's so much sexual tension you don't even have to write it into the script.
20. Because they do it better than most.
21. Because David takes care of her and gives her whatever she needs or wants.
22. Because "this sexual chemistry - it’s like Barry White. You know what I’m saying? This is like Marvin Gaye, ‘Let’s Get It On.'

[recent snapshots];

[Quotable!David/Emily];

Emily on David - "One time I burst into tears, David took me outside and asked, "What's going on with you?" and then really listened to my answer. He's a wonderful friend."

David on Emily - "I like when Emily has her hair down cause she's so pretty."

Emily: “David jokes around so much and plays jokes on us. You can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth, I have realized!”

David: “I love being around Emily. I miss her. I miss-“
Emily: “You can’t help yourself.”
David: “I can’t. When we left the first season I was -”
Emily: “He was-“
David: “Departed”
Emily: “He spiraled into a depression”
David: “Bad. And now I feel myself back in it with her. And I love doing scenes with her.”

David: “You’ll see the two of us just get closer and closer, and it’s exciting to see that.”

Emily: “I think that when somebody, when people really have a connection with each other, they change each other. You become a different person, hopefully a better person, because of it.”

David on Emily & their chemistry
Interviewer: It's the chemistry on the set, not the script, not the writing, not even the premise, that sell me on this one. How do you get chemistry?
David: You know, it's just... It's ingrained. You're just lucky with it. You know, you're fortunate to have a co-star like Emily. The two of us just kind of bonded and it just started like that. I mean, there's not really a formula for it, it's just consistent...
Interviewer: Is there an attraction?
David: There's is an attraction that happens with it. But there's also a respect and a responsibility as a leading man in order to take care of your co-star.
Interviewer: Oh, that's so cool isn't it?
David: You know, you have to take care of her and you have to give her whatever she needs. Or wants!

Emily: “I think it’s just another confirmation that Booth and Brennan you know are kinda meant to be together.
David: “Love. Lots of love.”

Emily: "You’re a ‘guy’s guy’."

David: "I mean this sexual chemistry - it’s like Barry White [laughter from both]. You know what I’m saying? This is like Marvin Gaye, ‘Let’s Get It On,’ but I’m trying to blow up those string balloons and you just can’t get it."

David on Emily: “I stare at Emily's eyes and it's like the galaxy. I just watch and observe many, many moons.”

Emily on David: "David is the first to protect everybody."

Emily on Booth & Brennan: "I think that they belong with each other, but it's more interesting to watch us dance around our attractions. They have to figure out some things before they are really meant to be with each other."

Emily: “David kisses me all the time.”
David: “We were doing a scene and I kissed her at the end, and she turned bright red.”
Emily: “He tries to kiss me all the time as a joke, because he knows it makes me very uncomfortable. He kissed me now like twice at the end of a scene.”
David: “And she kissed me once!”
Emily: “On the cheek.”
David: “It was pretty aggressive. You should see when she makes out with her other boyfriends.”
Emily: “He gets jealous when I have love interests. I'm turning bright red now.”

Emily: "He told her (Cam) that he couldn't date people he works with, so what else am I supposed to do but ... go to someone else? I can't date you!"
David: "Well I didn't really say that you date me but we could possibly you know go out for like maybe dinner" (talking over her)
Emily: "You did say that. You said you weren't going to date someone you work with" (over him)
David: "I never said that!" (talking over each other)
Emily: "Yes you did. Like two episodes ago!"
David: "That's so wrong."

David: "You know, she's changing the sheets and I'm not. I'm in therapy. Big difference. Okay? That's the big difference."
Emily: "I don't even know what that means."

David on Emily: "It's a fantastic journey. I look into Emily's eyes and I see nothing but deep blue seas .... and cashmere sweaters ..."

Emily: "Neverending love ..."
David: "Neverending love"

David: <after interviewer wants to talk about Bones instead of the bantering> But this is our relationship, which is great. Because umour relationship on the show is -it coexists with conflict, as you can see, and we like to bring that to the table.

Emily: I think we were left at the altar and I said 'what do we do now' and I looked at him -
David: <over Emily> See, see look at her, I just love looking at her
Emily <over David> and I asked him that question.
David: It's dangerous. It's exciting. It's like - it's like being on a rollercoaster the first time
Emily: But -
David: Dangerous. And you - you can feel it going up do do do do and then this amazing
Emily: And you know it's going to drop
David: You know it's going to drop
Emily: But you don't know when
David <over Emily>: But you don't know where the thrills and turns are - that's the love of the female!

David: I jumped on my costar Emily and I jumped on the crew...in a different way...

David: But underneath of this nerd costume could be something but you’ll have to wait for the episode to see what that is ha ha
Emily: I love nerds. He’s never been more attractive to me.
David: It’s the glasses
Emily: I’m serious. I love the glasses – that – he has never been more attractive to me.
David: See <takes glasses off>
Emily: No big deal
David: <puts glasses back on> But now watch …
<Share a sexy smile>

Interviewer: Ask David which co-star was fun to work with and who's hotter Buffy or the bird from Bones <David laughs> Because he means Brennan.
David: Hey!
Interviewer: That's a popular phrase we use, like 'chap'
David: The bird. I think both of the birds were actually fantastic to work with, you know. I mean, each had their own special qualities, and each had their... both trance in their eyes. And pull me in, you know. Right now, I mean, Emily is just a fantastic woman, so I'd have to go with Emily.
Interviewer: Right, but if it was a kind of blind date night, and you'd walk in and you've never seen them before –
David <without letting him finish>: Emily!

Interviewer: Can you ask David if it was hard working with Brennan dressed up as Wonder Woman?
David: Oh!
Interviewer: I’ll rephrase that. Can you ask David if it was difficult working with Brennan -
<David starts laughing>
Interviewer: - dressed up as Wonder Woman
David: Oh it was both, baby. Let me tell you something.
<Interviewer laughs>
David: It was incredibly outstanding to uh be to partake in the wonder woman outfit. Uh, it was, uh, you know, the shields were up, those bracelets were stopping those magical bullets all over the place.

David on Booth and Brennan : She's a little bit country. I'm a little bit rock-and-roll. You flirt with that and maintain that as much as you can.

David <on Emily> : Emily has a great sense of humour. She’s extremely dedicated to the character and her work is great. She’s very humble and she keeps me humble. She’s a joy and she doesn’t take things personally. We fought twice on the set and then we made up. We don’t hold grudges and when you work so close and for such long hours on a drama, you become a family.

David <on Emily> : There’s definitely a connection between the two of us, which helps the chemistry on the show.

David: We had our first kiss. It was in the Christmas episode under the mistletoe, which was great. <crowd laughs> I – it was tough being at work that day. I enjoyed it.

David: It was great. She did a fantastic job. You know, we worked on it beforehand and it’s tough to – when you –
Emily: He gave me notes.
David: I gave her notes.
Emily <singing notes, low to high> Me me me me me
David laughs, tries talking: We worked -
Emily: me me me me …. Give me notes now.
David: No, I’m not giving you notes right now! Later. See, we – we had this uh – we worked before we actually shot this episode. And we come to find out people’s insecurities through living life richer fuller –
Emily: Are you trying to say that I have insecurities about singing in public?
David: I know I do. I tried singing – I
Emily: I – he tried to make me feel better. He sang before hand.
David: I belted it out.

[Quotes on David/Emily];

"There's so much sexual tension between David and Emily that you don't have to write it into the script." ~ Creator Hart Hanson

“The show is full of surprises, and the biggest surprise is the chemistry between Boreanez and Deschanel—they're Tracy and Hepburn as modern crime fighters and the subtleties, the layers—they slay me every time." ~ DVDVerdict.com

"Yeah, it’s [The series lives and dies by the two main characters that are weekly at odds with one another while always maintaining a level of sexual tension] been done before but Deschanel and Boreanaz do it better than most." - IFMagazine Reviewer Peter Brown

Ann Craig (FOX announcer) on David and Emily: If sexual tension was illegal, these two would be locked up.

Kristen on David and Emily: I'm telling you, these two are lightning in a bottle!

Kristen: ".... when David Boreanaz walks into the room, lights up like a lamp at the sight of his costar [Emily] and does my job for me, all while I sit back, relax and take in the sizzlin', swoon-worthy hotness."

[fanart ; icons];
[all walls by the talented trillane]

previous thread;
david/emily #3
Old 04-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

my most recent D/E icons:

AND

David <from the Regis and Kelly Interview> "I jumped on my costar Emily and I jumped on the crew...in a different way..."

YouTube Vids of the Paley Discussion
YouTube – Paley Discussion: Making Babies

YouTube – Paley Discussion: David tries to kiss Emily

YouTube – Paley Discussion: David embraces all females

ETA: a reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll quick job of capping the Paley David trying to kiss Em scene ...

Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks Karen

David on Regis & Kelly (DL link included)

WARNING: there are spoilers

Last edited by foreverwood42; 04-11-2008 at 08:46 PM
Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwood42 (View Post)
Thanks Karen

THANK YOU!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwood42 (View Post)
Thanks Karen

I can't see it... could anyone post the download link here, pleeeease?

thanks

Jack&Kate | Mulder&Scully | Christian&Ana
Hook&Emma | Booth&Brennan | Fitz&Olivia
Old 04-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Absolute Fan

DL link
Old 04-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Karen Thanks for opening up the new thread

Katie Thanks for all the goodies

David loves the kiss and at David jumping at Emily
icon:jr24tw
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
and at David jumping at Emily
I hope they put it in the gag reel on the DVD
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

I know and the Paley Festival.... I need them to put it on the DVD too
icon:jr24tw
Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Loyal Fan

this made totally my day... thanks for recapping the scene Karen

im dl right now
its so cute as Emily realizes, what Davids trying to do... she must think to herself- not again, why do i always fall for this? - i love it...
and she was holding his hand quite some time

Booth: There’s that smile
Brennan: Thank you
B/B *** David/ Emily
Avi by Nikole
Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Thanx for uploading the vid, Katie can't wait to see it

icon
Old 04-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Absolute Fan

^I didn't upload it Someone else on LJ did
Old 04-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

^ You posted the megaupload link thanx for that. I can't see the vid in LJ since I'm not a member there

icon
Old 04-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Absolute Fan

No problem hun
Old 04-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for those caps, Karen The icons you posted are really beautiful, especially the coloring! Snagged all of them

Quote:
and she was holding his hand quite some time
That was EXACTLY the same thing I thought! I was like: "She's holding his hand... still holding... still holding... won't she release it? And still holding..."