1x19 The Man in the Morgue
1x20 The Graft in the Girl
1x21 The Soldier on the Grave
1x22 The Woman in Limbo
Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

This is a great idea, to have a thread to talk about the first season of Bones.

Sis lent me her S1 DVDs while I was down with my hurt ankle in August, I think, and I was able to watch all of this first season
Old 03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the pilot. I was a little skeptic about trying this show out because I wasn't that big of a fan of Angel, but the pilot was amazing. It had me hook line and skinker.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

~CountryBumpkin~ I totally agree. Never liked BD before Bones so I was really sceptical but there was nothing else on the TV so I watched one epi.
Actually it did not really attract me. The first season was at first sigh not attractive in my opinion... which is completely different today.

I love this season. I loved the pilot and how Bren was able to defend herself.

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I had never seen Angel so I had no preconceived ideas of Booth or anything.... in fact, it wasn't until just recently that the same actor was on both shows
Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I KNEW they were, but never watched Angel or Buffy to think of Booth that way.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As a hardcore Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel fan since 1997, let's just say I was very heistant to get into Bones. I didn't think I would be able to see David as anyone but Angel or get used to his chemistry with another lead female. So, I resisted. Yes, me. But needless to say, I caved and watched around halfway into season 1 [hello, who can reist the man?!] and I fell in love with the show and Booth/Brennan's relationship in what seemed like two seconds flat and never looked back. It was the most unexpected thing, but I'm so glad I did, because I would have missed out on a show/fandom that makes me so incredibly happy. And David, I admire him about hundred times more than I did before Bones. I've been a fan since day one, the man was very green when he started[I think like a lot of young actors can be],...yes, but he proved himself and than some, and blew me out of the water time after time, while he was on BTVS/ATS. But when Bone came on, I was skeptical that he would be able to put himself into another role and like 100%, and not have people think he was Angel. Well, he did, he pulled it off, where I'm able see two different David's. The one from my past [buffyverse] and the one from my present..Bones. He's a truly remarkable, gifted actor. How many people in their lifetime can say they had two successful shows?

And discovering Emily Deschanel has been a truly wonderful amazing thing for me. The more episodes I watched, the more I realized how talented she was... and that no one would be able to potray or bring to life ....this character of Temperance like she did/does. David/Emily's chemistry is like this magical force and without it, the show would never have been a sucess. I found Booth and Brennan's characters so utterely fascinating seperately and together. I love characters with angsty pasts, I'm such a sucker for it. And I loved seeing their journey unfold as reluctant partners to close friends during the course of season one. That was really something I've never seen before in that way..I loved seeing a relationship with so many layers and such a deep foundation being built. It just really really sucked me in.

B/B aside, 'the team' interaction in season 1, also made the show stand out to me. I love a show with a good group dynamnic [like buffy ] and I just saw something speical there. All the characters just clicked. Angela, Hodgins, Zach, and even Goodman, were all well written, well rounded characters that I enjoyed watching. I saw that the writing was very witty and made me smile alot and basically...the show had such a good mix of drama, humor, and 'romance'. It was 'Two Bodies in a Lab' that made me fall for the show, and that episode had all those elements and than some...it just won me over. Then season one finale just went above and beyond my expecations and cemetend the show even further for me. It was so much than some 'procederal crime show'..... it didn't fit into any one category in my eyes. It had a good mix of everything on TV and has so much heart.

Okay, sorry for my novel length answer.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon

Last edited by fall like stars; 03-07-2008 at 12:59 AM
Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

Shauna I your thoughts.. This will really be a nice thread to discuss how we all got into the show

For me personally I really don't know what attract me to Bones.. it's just like I'm fated to like this show. No one told me about Bones, I've never watched Angel, and obviously I didn't know about Emily Deschanel... so it's just one day I surf through the web and there's a link to beyond bickering.. I just click on it and there's a pic that makes me want to watch the show. So without any other knowledge, I just went down to buy Bones season 1 DVD and start watching. I love it but not crazy about it when I start watching it but I think the heaven conversation actually makes me a fan of the show and by the Two Bodies in the Lab I've become B/B shipper and there's no turning back. I'm so glad that "something" unexpected actually push me to buy the DVD and let me know about how amazing the show is.
icon:jr24tw
Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

to Shauna's post. Our discussion has turned into a "what attracted me to Bones"
Old 06-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Loyal Fan

A friend gave me the DVD for season 1. I had heard of Bones before, but I hadn't watched the show. I was hooked from when Brennan said "Boo" when she opened her bag and the showed the skull.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's awesome! Brennan is the best character on the show
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow welcome, great moment
Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

As I said in the BB thread at the Bones board, Pilot was the first episode I watched. I was attracted to the show because of the basis (learning how people died because of their bones) and David Boreanaz in an FBI suit The following episode I thought, "Wow, that Bones lady IS gorgeous." The episode after that, I thought, "Wow, they look gorgeous together," and I was liking the banter a whole lot

Two Bodies in the Lab was epic for me. That BB hug there

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I never saw most of S1 until I had seen a lot of S2 and all of S3 and what a lovely shock it was to come back to. The way I saw it is that I saw a lot of S1+2 without knowing what order they went in and stuff.

I didn't get to see Two Bodies until I got the DVDs and OMG I about died (same for Aliens but that is S2)
Old 06-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

I watched from the Pilot episode and was hooked and obsessed by Man in the Bear. Bones is the first show since The X-Files where I have such a high level of obsession.

I started watching because I read the Kathy Reichs books and actually thought how wrong the idea of a tv series was . I am glad I was wrong
And I have to admit, I had no idea who David B. was, he seemed vaguely familiar and I had to look him up.