Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

didnt see the epi, but the promo for next week..it looks just amazing.

from what I've heard..it was a strong episode, and I'm so happy Blake could convince some people of her acting talent!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was definitely an amazing episode.

and the promo is so good.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

here's this nymag reality check thingy again. ^^

need to watch!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Meh. That's all I have to say.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

AMAZING episode! despite the lack of Chuck & Nate..couldnt have been better.
I love the whole build up of things, when it comes to S & G. how amazing was that last scene, please? Blake acted the hell out of it! she was damn awesome. one of her best scenes, if not her best on this show, if you ask me.
I'm really curious how it goes on now, cause I too dont really believe Serena is a murderer!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So true! The way she was breathing...the way her face was all puffy and the way she looked scary...with all the eye make up. Gosh, it was just perfect and Blake was truly awesome in that one scene.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and the way she spoke..this time it wasnt just trembling with her underlip. it just gave me goosebumps! and the music was awesome!

buuut..I'm glad she finally told someone. although IMO, it should've been her perfect bf. he NEEDS to know.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

he really does need to know. it's causing so much unnecessary drama.

i know! The music was spot on.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EPISODE 1x17: WOMAN ON THE VERGE
Airing: MAY 12, 2008 at 9PM/8PM ET

GEORGINA (GUEST STAR MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG) WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO RUIN SERENA’S LIFE — As a result of Georgina (guest star Trachtenberg) revealing the true reason that Serena (Blake Lively) fled Manhattan for boarding school, Serena falls back into her old habits and Blair (Leighton Meester), Nate (Chace Crawford) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) must put their complicated feelings for each other aside to help their friend. Unfortunately, Serena is too ashamed to share the truth with Dan (Penn Badgley), leaving him only to assume the worse about his girlfriend. Rufus (Matthew Settle) is thrilled when his band is invited to perform at a Rolling Stone-sponsored concert, but Lily (Kelly Rutherford) is the last person on earth he expects to see at the performance, especially since her wedding rehearsal dinner is the same night. Lisa Loeb and famous cake designer Sylvia Weinstock appear in the episode as themselves. Jessica Szohr also stars.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I won't get to see this till tomorrow and I can't wait. Serena's storyline is getting even better I can't wait to find out more about her past
ll Emma l Icon: madness ll
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw. Hope you share your thoughts with us.

Hmmm...I think this episode was all right. I like the SL aspect and the amount of Serena we got but it seemed like the SL was rushed. I mean the talk with Peter's parents I would have loved to see. The going out and getting drunk and then Blair finding her, I would have loved to see as well.

But overall I did like it. I hated the D/S angst, but it was expected with Serena's stupid lie. Uck.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames23 (View Post)
Hmmm...I think this episode was all right. I like the SL aspect and the amount of Serena we got but it seemed like the SL was rushed. I mean the talk with Peter's parents I would have loved to see. The going out and getting drunk and then Blair finding her, I would have loved to see as well.
I agree with everything you said, I feel we were deprived of some good dramatic scenes. It was all so rushed I feel a bit betrayed.

After watching the episode I won't blame either S or D anymore. Thye both mad mistakes, they both were wrong and right at the same time.

I have the feeling s2 will begin with DS trying to rebuild their relationship. They do love each other but they have some serious rethinking to do about them, about the way they see each other. In a way I feel this story was good for them because now they will look at each other knowing that their expectations were to high and they need to give each other the chance to fault without fearing to hurt or disappoint one another.

I loved Blair for being a true super friend. When everything is messed up with the boys they're there for each other. It's good to see her doing something else than trying to bring someone down.

And thank you Lily for being a mom! I loved when she said Serena was more important than the wedding rehersal. In pilot I had the feeling she wasn't a good mother, but she's been redeeming herself. I felt for her when she was watching the tape and when she said she had done that too many times before (looking for Serena), Serena gave her a vey hard time.

Last edited by sofiab; 05-13-2008 at 01:54 AM
Old 05-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, not to mention we didn't get the Lily/Serena confrontation, we just see them in the car stopping in front of Peter's parents' house. I just felt like part of the reason why everyone seemed disappointed about the murder SL is the fact that it was rushed. There wasn't enough development and resolution.

ITA about Lily/Serena. I think that's one of my fave aspects of this episode. I mean overall it was a good Serena episode, but that bond between mother and daughter is special. And I love that they did it right around Mother's Day too. Although I kind of felt awkward when Lily was watching the tape...It's just so wrong.

In terms of Serena/Dan, I do like the whole Georgina SL, but I've had some problems with it. Partly to do with the plot holes that I'm finding. Like the whole Vanessa thing - I mean why would Dan not listen to his best friend? And why must he be so gullible to believe everything Georgina said. But I do understand that Serena also has to take a fair share in the blame. If she never told him that lie about cheating, then he probably would not have gone to Georgina. So frustrating sometimes.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, the murder sl felt lame because it was totally rushed. If so many people are complaining, something is really wrong, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Last week it looked so promising, I don't know if they were afraid to make Serena a criminal, but it could have been better handled. She didn't actually have to do something wrong, but the fact that she knew what happened, that she tried to help Peter was like an anti-climax, we can't even say G played her.

I like when they show us family interaction between SL and last week between EL. You just have that idea that S pretty much is growing without a mother, so no wonder she's like that, when that is not the case, Lily must have gone through a lot with her and she cares about their children. I still want to see her more present in their lives.

I was upset that Dan didn't listen to V, even more after S told him not to trust her. I mean, it's V, his best friend, it wasn't Blair. I'll cut him some slack because he was disturbed, he was rejected by everyone when he tried to know where S was.

Rufus knows his son, he knows he can be very judgemental, I loved that he told him that. It would be great to see Rufus giving him some guidance, although I suspect he'll have his hands full with the Lily situation.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you're not the only one. if they just had more time to deal with it.

Well, I knew that the writers had no balls to make Serena a cold blooded murderer, but I was hoping for more crap...it just fell flat to me. Plus, it doesn't help that there was so much hype for this episode.

We're definitely seeing her more now in their lives. At least she knew right away that something was wrong when Dorota called her with the latest Serena news. She knew right away what she needs to be looking for.

Still though. It's so hard for me to believe that he would have not figured all of this sh/t out yet. I mean he's a smart dude. He should know this by now.

EEK! I know. Lily and Rufus in bed?