Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Tonight CBS has ep 20 on . I totally forgot this was a very heavy Walker episode . We saw his past work in the BAB, hid wife and best friend deadly poisoned . Perhaps because of the twist at the end . The revel of Lindsay Vaughn who is betraying a nurse for Diana ..
One of my favorite episodes from last season. It was nice to get to know Walker a bit. Would have been nice if they could have given us more background on Walker and more episodes like this

As for the press release, Walker could be the one who's missing and they're trying to save.

jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Older pic from April

Quote:
traciethoms Weeks ago, during that HUGE rainstorm in LA, I had the IMMENSE pleasure of playing my dear friend #DamonGupton's wife on @crimmindscbs! We went to Juilliard together (two years apart, but who's counting?), and we've been dying to play together ever since. We finally got our chance! (Not to mention Damon gets to return to his trombone-playing roots!) It airs TONIGHT on CBS at @9EST/PST!!! Set those DVRs!!! #MonicaWalker #MeetTheWalkers
Old 09-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So long Walker .. another sneek peak shows us he cat files on Mr. scratch off the computer
Old 09-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What surprised me was Garcia , when getting to the accident scene , seeing Steven dead . Sad moment when Monica had to see Stephens body yet near the end after the funeral
She was postive to Emily , perhaps make another appearance later in the season .
Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I loved Garcia not wanting to leave Walker. I'm still a bit curious as to how he died though. Scratch said whiplash, but did Walker and JJ's side hit something? There car wasn't hit as bad and it hit on Luke's side, yet Luke is fine but JJ has glass in her scalp and Walker suffered whiplash severe enough to kill him? Did Scratch hit them again?

Luke didn't check Walker's pulse. Either he did it before he got JJ out or when Garcia and Luke came over to look at Walker he was clearly dead and looked dead (like eyes opened and a blank stare). However, Walker was still facing forward, so you'd think it would be harder to get a good look at his eyes unless you looked directly at them?

Walker's wife had some sad and devastating scenes. That scene with Monica talking to Walker's body was SO SAD! I was crying. Kudos to Breen, because he made that so emotional and I'm sure I'm not the only who felt that way. Walker was only in 15 episodes but his death had a big impact. Good writing on Breen.

I felt bad for JJ when Monica refused her hug, but I do not blame Monica one bit. I'd be the exact way. It's not quite the same, but when we put my cat to sleep, my mom came over to hug me and I was like "not now". So I get where Monica was coming from. I do wonder how well the team knew Monica. It sort of seemed like they were talking to her like they were good friends? Maybe it was just me. Maybe they were just trying to be comforting, but if they only knew her as Walker's wife and didn't spend much time with her, then JJ's hug might have been misplaced.

Monica did hug JJ at the funeral though, so it was nice to see that bit of turn around. Again, at the hospital, she was justified in not hugging JJ that time since everyone was happening so suddenly. I liked that Monica didn't blame Prentiss. That was nice. And I liked how she said Walker was able to bring closure to this Scratch ordeal. Ugh so sad But yeah, I liked how she said Peter Lewis was to blame for Walker's death. SO TRUE!! And I liked how she said she'd consider taking up Emily's offer for help and whatnot, but she said right now her kids need her.

It would be interesting to see Monica again. I wonder how they could bring her in though. Maybe she does talk with Prentiss or something. Prentiss and Walker did know each other and worked together before, so maybe Prentiss and Monica do know each other a bit.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Walker's wife saying goodbye to him at the morgue

Such an emotional scene
Old 09-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I do not even want to discuss Walker's death. Words can't express how upset I am that they killed him off instead of finding another reason for him to leave the team since they wanted to fire the actor. What a waste of a good agent !
Prentiss'#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prentiss'#1fan (View Post)
I do not even want to discuss Walker's death. Words can't express how upset I am that they killed him off instead of finding another reason for him to leave the team since they wanted to fire the actor. What a waste of a good agent !
I too wish they could have just written him off in a happy way. His death was so sad. To think he was only around for 15 episodes but so many people are upset by his death.

I too liked him as agent. He was calm, cool and quiet. I think his presence would have been a nice balance for the team and I think he had a lot of potential.

Someone on another forum pointed out that Tara is also often calm and cool. This is true, and I that's why I like Tara. But with Walker, I think I liked that he had those characteristics because it set him apart from the other male characters. With the exception of Reid (who is his own specimen ) the males are more alpha, upfront, strong, sassy and intimidating. Walker was different. He wasn't very intimidating and he was quiet and calm and relaxed. Again, I think it would have been a nice presence.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Source
Old 10-07-2017, 02:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
I too wish they could have just written him off in a happy way. His death was so sad. To think he was only around for 15 episodes but so many people are upset by his death.

I too liked him as agent. He was calm, cool and quiet. I think his presence would have been a nice balance for the team and I think he had a lot of potential.
I agree with all this. The whole summer, I kept reading that Walker would die from the crash, but I refused to believe it, I told myself that they would probably find another way to make Walker go, like he missed his old job or something. But I was so disapointed to find out what I was reading was true.
Prentiss'#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yes, I was hoping they could have gone around a death. I know they got rid of Damon but they could have worked around his exit without killing him.

They used a body double for his dead body in the premiere. They could have still used a body double and shown him in the car but someone checks his pulse and he's still alive. They take him into surgery (which would explain why we don't see him). The team still finds his files he and Emily had on Scratch which helps them find and save Emily. Then, they could have said Walker was doing well but was leaving the unit. They established last season and especially in the premiere that Walker's main purpose for coming to the team was to catch Scratch. They could have kept to that by saying since Walker's job was done, he was no longer needed. They could have said after the accident and being severely injured that he decided to stay at home (I know it's been done on the show before) or they could have said he was given another job offer that would require less dangerous and require less travelling (his wife preferred the BAU because he was home more) or just say he was going back to his old job.

I get that killing a main character is a risk, especially for this show, but killing off the new guy who just joined and was only in 15 episodes is the easy way out. Now had they killed JJ, Prentiss or Rossi now THAT would have been taking a risk. Heck, even killing Tara (who has been around since season 11) would have been a bigger risk. But they're not going to kill someone from seasons 1-3 who is still on the show and since Aisha still had a contract they weren't killing her. But I just feel killing Walker was the easy way out.

And it also kind of annoyed me how they said Walker was only brought on to catch Scratch. Then why did we barely see him doing Scratch stuff in season 12? I get that reinforced that idea as a way to write out Walker and play it into his death, but it's kind of silly when he was going out on cases with the team and solving other cases. If he really was only needed just for Scratch, why did he travel with the team? Why didn't he just stay at Quantico to work on Scratch's case and put together files on him? Maybe if Walker had been focusing completely on Scratch and not doing other cases with the team, they could have caught him sooner...
Old 10-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Is anyone going to check out Damon's new show? I think it comes out in 2018
Old 11-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Damon's new show will air Tuesdays at 9 on the CW, starting January 16.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I wonder when promos will start coming out for Black Lightning
Old 11-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They aired them this week during the DC Crisis on Earth 4 show crossover , I saw like 5 promos ,they only focused on black lightning and where like 20- 25 sec long .
Reply   Post New Thread