Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

But Paget may still come back and it would be fine again (although they still screwed it up)
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

It's officially official that the show will be back again on Wednesdays at 9 next fall! The news about the new showrunners before wasn't as official, I think.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This article blog was tweeted via Matthew Gruber nice tribute to a member of the criminal minds team staff .

WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2011

CRIMINAL MINDS: IN MEMORY OF ANDY SWAN

Criminal Minds: A message from Erica Messer, showrunner of Criminal Minds, about this evening's season finale and Andy Swan, of blessed memory!

Dear Fans,

As you watch tonight's finale, you'll hear a name that means so much to all of us in the CM family. Andy Swan.

For those of you who don't know, Andy was with us from the beginning of the series. He was Al's right hand man in props and Gubler's counterpart in the 'Matthew Gray Gubler Unauthorized Documentary' internet series. Most importantly, he was a devoted husband and father who was adored by everyone who had the honor of knowing him.

Writing this in the past tense is heartbreaking. Andy died in February just one year after his diagnosis. He had an aggressive form of cancer. One that took him way too soon.

Tonight's finale is dedicated to his memory. There were bigger plans to see his name on screen but they didn't pan out. So... naming a character after him was the only thing I could control. The script had every character saying Andy Swan. The final cut lost a few. I'd love to know how many times it's actually said... maybe we can all listen for it tonight and smile in memory of a great man, a great friend and a father and husband who will be very, very missed.

All of the proceeds from tonight's script will be given to Andy's family.

Thank you again for hanging in there this season.

Happy Hiatus!
Erica Messer
Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

So glad it is official! I mean, it was pretty obvious but with CBS, you never know

It is a great thing what they did for Andy Swan. I haven't watched the episode, but I will keep an eye on the character named after him.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

We believe this might be the appropriate outlet for fans to share what they think of the changes

Please remain respectful and remember that no bashing is allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmogul (View Post)
This is my first post in this forum. Until recently I have been a member of the CM community on CBS, but I found there were too many "psychos" who didn't allow people to have opinions that didn't match their own. Hopefully that does not happen here.

For the record, I am not a Seaver fan, but I have also defended her existence and encouraged people to give her a chance. I actually liked the spinoff, mostly because of Forest Whitaker's character. I did not miss JJ as much as many others did, but I am glad to see her back. I love Paget, and really hope they get her back.

With that out of the way, let me offer a few opinions on what is in store next season:

While I do love Hotch, and there is no question his battle with Foyet is the best storyline the show has come up with, it would not be the worst thing to happen if he left. There are plenty of other male characters on this show that could use more face time, and Morgan deserves the chance to run the team.

I actually think it would be cool if Sam Cooper joined this team, because I really think that character was interesting. He sees through the eyes of the unsub better than any other profiler, and would be a suitable replacement for Hotch. He doesn't necessarily have to lead the team, but would be a good part of it.

Seaver is on the show because the writers think that having the daughter of a serial killer will allow her to offer unique insight. But other than her premiere episode, I have never seen this. I would love to see a storyline where she begins to kill, and the team ultimately investigates the case and has to end her existence.

It is time for either Gideon or Elle to reappear on this show. I have always liked the Elle unsub idea, because I never really felt strongly about her. But any reunion would be nice. It would be particularly cool if something happened to Reid, and Gideon came out of retirement to help find his student and friend.

Most of all, Paget needs to come back. She has been my favorite character since she joined the show. I love Prentiss's ability to be hard and kick ass, tempered with empathy and a sense of humor. Not only is she the strongest of all female characters, her storyline is not finished and needs to be explored further.

In a perfect world the entire cast would stay as is (minus Rachel Nichols) and Paget would return as well. But that is probably not going to happen. So who else can accept Thomas leaving? Does anyone else love Paget as much as I do? Did anyone else like the spinoff? What would you like to see in the next season of CM?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

I was about to send you a PM, but the problem is solved, forget it
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Well, I was going to leave the thread open but then I figure that it depends on how many people comment so we can start here and if it starts getting popular, we can give it a proper outlet

Quote:
Most of all, Paget needs to come back. She has been my favorite character since she joined the show. I love Prentiss's ability to be hard and kick ass, tempered with empathy and a sense of humor. Not only is she the strongest of all female characters, her storyline is not finished and needs to be explored further.
we definitely agree on this! She is my favourite character too and I think the team is lacking a lot now that she is gone she is the strong independent and kick-ass female role that all girls want, and I need her back!

Old 05-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think we need a new thread, but whatever you decide. You're the boss

Quote:
we definitely agree on this!
Amen to that! This show needs Paget and AJ
Old 05-24-2011, 09:59 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Oh, stop it we are both 'bosses'... whatever that means

Personally I want both, but I have to admit I have read a lot of comments that said PB was needed while AJ wasn't I know it depends on the person, but I just can't imagine the show without any of them... but then again, if they make me choose, PB all the way that is no secret

And for me, TG is actually needed on the show. I think he is an integral part. He makes CM what it is. He is the boss and his personality is just indispensable

Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

But you became a mod before me, so you're the leader boss. Whatever that means

Quote:
I have read a lot of comments that said PB was needed while AJ wasn't
Oh, that sounds cruel. CM needs someone who is not a profiler or a Technical Analyst. JJ is different, but in a good way. She is just.. needed. It's good to have her. I would hate it if I had to choose between Emily and JJ, despite of the fact that I love Emily more

TG, yes... but SM is not, at least for me
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

we are both equal

Fortunately, we don't have to choose, K

Yes, while I like Morgan, I think he still has a lot more growing to do before he can become boss. He is good, but he still is a little too "explosive"

Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

I don't agree, but

Quote:
He is good, but he still is a little too "explosive"
Well said. I wouldn't mind Morgan being a boss, but not now. In a few seasons, maybe.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Maybe the show can end with Morgan heading to NY where he is wanted or something like that, to see some personal growth but at the same time never seeing the team separating If TG were not to return, I would rather have Rossi as the boss I think he has a better head on his shoulders, at least right now. But that is just my opinion.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Rossi would be a great boss But if he would retire again, I can see Morgan in charge. Like I said, not now.

I hope TG is not going to leave. This storyline is not working
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

These changes are definitely not working Just return everything back to normal and stop messing with a successful show, please!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread