Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss him too <3 Even though I loved the 3rd season, it isn't the same thing without him
Old 07-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

I really should avoid this board until I've caught up on all the seasons. I'm only at the end of season 1 and I had no idea that Gideon isn't on the show anymore

I adore him so that news is a bit depressing.
icon: egyptian_pixie
Old 07-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Seriously, how did you miss that L?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Addicted Fan

^

I honestly had never seen a single episode until a couple of days ago and the only way I see any TV is if I download it because I don't get any TV reception. I rely on people in the know - like you S - to keep me informed. I'm a bit late to the CM party I'm afraid... but better late than never
icon: egyptian_pixie
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Better late than never, indeed! Don't worry, Lori, you'll still have plenty of Gideon awesomeness to watch And now that you know he's not on the show anymore, you might as well enjoy his moments even more
Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I be added (if you're still gonna make the list).
Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

can i be added to the list? i miss gideon!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

I also miss Gdeon and I agree the beard is very funny.

-Lisa-
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I miss Gideon too.

Adding all those who want to be added! Welcome!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 PM
New Fan

May I be added too? I love Gideon. I prefer him much better than Rossi.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome, everyone

I think I might watch some S1 episodes this weekend just to see Gideon again <3
Old 05-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just realized I never fixed up the first post or even started a list! I'll have to do that later.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeap, time to start working on that first post, it's been under contruction for years

Quote:
Why Mandy Patinkin pulled plug on Criminal Minds

There was panic on the set of Criminal Minds when Mandy Patinkin, one of the most revered actors of his generation, decided he'd had enough of working on the show. The impact of the decision hit his castmates hard because he'd consulted none of them before quitting. They all turned up for work one day 18 months ago to be told Patinkin was no longer their leading man.

A.J. Cook, who plays Jennifer Jareau, has confessed she was distressed by the news. ‘‘I was really sad,'' she explained. ‘‘I loved Mandy, I loved working with him. He was a lot of fun. He would sing and dance. He was just . . . he was our show.

‘‘When we found out he wasn't coming back, there was that panic -- do I need to look for another job? And then there was anger and confusion. If he wasn't going to be happy here, then by all means he needed to do whatever was going to make him happy.''

Matthew Gray Gubler, who plays the greasy-haired, cardigan-wearing Spencer Reid, added: ‘‘It was really out of nowhere when he (Patinkin) just didn't show up. ‘I still can't believe it. He really liked everybody, really liked the crew. The subject matter in the end I think wore him out. I think he felt ‘I don't want to die on this TV show, looking at dismal dead prostitutes'. He wanted to die singing on Broadway.''

Patinkin, in an interview with TVNZ (New Zealand) has revealed how deeply traumatised he became by the show's dark subject matter.

‘‘It's (violent TV) a curiosity, I don't get it,'' he said. ‘‘In America, it's hour after hour on each network. There's one show after another like it. People love it, that show remains very successful. ‘My mind has to be in that place to play those parts, that very dark place. Imagine that, as a TV show you're there 16 hours a day, year after year. And it was destroying me. It was destroying my heart and my soul. It's not the place I want to visit every day. ‘I'm very disturbed by the fact that at the end of a long day this is what people go home to watch to unwind. They watch horrible, mysogynistic, violent activity. It saddens me. There is so much else to do, so many other ideas to put into our consciousness. I'm very disturbed by it.''
I can understand his reasoning, even though I don't agree with it. Personally, I watch CM because 1) I find profiling fascinating and 2) because I enjoy watching people who work so hard to stop violence and do their best to help others. It reminds me that even though we live in an utterly effed up world, there are people out there who are working as hard as they can to make it a better place, even when it feels like it's too late.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I miss Gideon. I hate that Mandy left and personally even though I get it, he should have handled the entire situation better. It wasn't cool just to leave so abruptly like that.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I thought the way he left was pretty sucky, especially considering how everyone got along and how apparently, they all liked working together. I don't know if this whole thing affected my judgement on Gideon, to be honest, but I don't really miss him Rossi is totally made of awesome, and I love watching him. And with Gideon, I didn't get that sense of equality, it was like Gideon, the wise one, and his sidekicks - not really, but I hope you get my point - whereas with Rossi it feels a lot more like a team where everyone is at the same level of awesomeness <3