Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she looks flawless!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aj always does !! She does a lot of fashion magazine shoots !
Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THE following interview AJ cook did was from Parade.com : portions are edited out due to spolier rules on information on future storyline for "JJ" in Season 9

Current Projects
Criminal Minds (2005-2013)
AJ as Jennifer "JJ" Jareau
Creator: Jeff Davis
Airs: Wed. at 9pm ET/PT
Channel: CBS

Criminal Minds returns Sept 25 for Season Nine!

Site Information
Owner: Mandy
Previous Owner: Isabelle
Since: April 4, 2012
Hosted By: Fan Sites Network
Important Links:: Privacy Policy - DMCA

Credit AJ-Cook.org, / • Glistering - The online home for all AJ Cook fans

AJ Spills On Criminal Minds Season 9! Posted by Mandy on Sep 09, 2013 • Criminal Minds, Her Career, Interviews,
The wait is almost over, Criminal Minds fans: Season 9 of CBS’s hit police procedural premieres on Sept. 25, and the new season promises more drama than ever—both on and off the case—for the FBI’s elite Behavioral Analysis Unit.

Rumors have been swirling about the mysterious relationship between JJ (A.J. Cook) and the new Section Chief Matt Cruz (Esai Morales), and fans still have a lot of unanswered questions about JJ’s history. “She’s got this enigmatic past,” Cook told Parade.com. “She went away in season 6 and came back a different character. Season 9 is going to be answering what happened that year she was away.”

We chatted with Cook about what’s in store for JJ next season, and she gave us a sneak peek into the much-anticipated 200th episode (which she says will raise a lot of eyebrows)!

The actress also opened up about JJ’s new “sarcastic” side, why she can’t watch herself on TV, and being thankful for her loyal fans.

On how it feels to return for season 9 of Criminal Minds.
“I feel very fortunate. It seems like just yesterday we had our 100th episode, and here we are entering a season that’s going to bring us to our 200th episode! So we’re all just sort of shaking our heads right now. We’ve become a pretty tight-knit group—a family—over the years. We’re lucky to be doing it with each other.”

On how her character JJ will evolve this season.
“Season 9 is shaping up to be the ‘JJ’ season, which I’m over the moon about, because there’s a lot of mystery surrounding this character. She’s got this enigmatic past, where we don’t know much about her. She went away in season 6 and she came back a completely different character. Season 9 is going to be answering what happened that year she was away, and what impacted her and what changed her so greatly over that year. She will still always be the nurturer—she’s the ‘mom’—but she’s grown up a lot. She’s had a child. We like to refer to her as Mama Bear. Like, don’t piss off Mama Bear, ’cause she will cut you!”

On seeing her own personality in JJ.
“Old JJ, before she went away in season 7, was not me at all. She was much more quiet and nurturing, and kind of timid. But when she went away, I decided to put a little more of me into her, because let’s face it, we all change, we all grow up. I look back at the first episode, and I look like I’m 12. So, I’ve come a long way as a woman, as an adult. It just seemed to make sense to infuse that into JJ, because she had been through a lot. But she’ll still always have that heart of gold, and she cares more for everyone around her than she does for herself. But I had to put a little more of me into her. I’m much more sarcastic, so I’ve been trying to kind of give her a bit of that sense of humor. So anytime you see her smirking about something, it’s definitely a little more AJ than JJ!”

On working with Eva La Rue, who joined the Criminal Minds cast.
“The casting this year has been amazing. We’ve been getting some of the best actors. Eva came along and she’s been so lovely. It’s funny sort of exchanging battle stories with her, because she was on CSI: Miami for so long. We love picking her brain about that experience! So she had a good time; she didn’t want to leave. Our crew is the best. We like to welcome our guest cast with open arms, and just welcome them into the family.”

On her favorite TV shows.
“Oh, man. I love Ray Donovan. I think it’s amazing. I love the characters, and John Voigt. I got to meet him not too long ago, and I was just like, ‘Oh my gosh, it’s John Voigt!’ He was so sweet. I’m such a nerd, I put it up on my Twitter! And then the other show I’m religious about is So You Think You Can Dance. Yeah, so that’s what my Tivo looks like. It’s pretty awesome.”

On feeling grateful for her loyal fans.
“I have such an affection for my Criminal Minds fans, because they essentially are the reason why I’m here, back on the show. I left in season 6; there was a bit of a kerfuffle. They let Paget [Brewster] and myself go. But then the fans just went ballistic. Our fans are very vocal, and they feel like they know us, know these characters. They’ve invested in us. Because of them, we got to see JJ come back bigger, better, stronger. So this season is really about thanking those people who stood up and spoke their mind and said what they needed to say. I’m looking at this season as my thank you note to all of them.”

On avoiding watching herself on TV.
“Anything before season 7, I’m just like, ugh. Because it just seems like a whole other life. It was another lifetime for me, and I was a different person. Looking back at those old episodes, I feel like I’m not even looking at myself. It’s been quite the evolution. I don’t like to sit around and watch myself on TV. It’s funny, because our show is literally on 24/7, so I could just sit there and watch it over and over again. But no, it’s hard!”

On the secret to the long-running success of Criminal Minds.
“You’re not going to see us advertise. We’re not in your face in the media; we’re sort of this quiet show that just gets great numbers. I think people kind of feel like they found it, discovered it. You know when you find a show and you’re like, ‘This show’s great!’ and you sort of tell people about it, and it’s sort of word of mouth? People feel like a connection to the show, and these characters.”
Old 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

WOW! Super pretty!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really can't wait to see JJ back story and how she changed when "JJ left the Bau " Funny that AJ cook doesnt like her watching herself as early JJ season 1-4
Old 09-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh my word, she looks amazing
Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

today is Mekhai (Henry) birthday !!

AJ CookVerified account
‏@ajcookofficial
Happy Friday the 13th and happy birthday to my little man. You're growing up too fast
Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Happy birthday to him!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Aww! Happy Birthday!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 09-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

happy birthday little guy. he is going to be such a heart breaker when he's older
Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

first time i knew his name was Mekhai . I always though she had asked his screen name be the same as his real name ... I know AJ and her husband belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) *

* From wikipedia

I mention the church as the name of there son is line with there beliefs ... Nice to know ..

AJ at a young age was dignosed as having major vision issues and had to have conerial implants to correct her vison ..
Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Adorbs pic! And I think he totally looks like AJ.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

he really does. but you can also see Nathan in there to
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He . Her husband , very athletic and active person .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread