Old 01-18-2023, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Episode Discussion - 16x07: "What Doesn't Kill Us" [Streams January 19, 2023]

16x07:
"What Doesn't Kill Us"

Synopsis
With the fate of the Sicarius investigation hanging in the balance, the BAU takes a case in West Virginia, where an UnSub practices his own twisted form of Old Testament vengeance.

Promo

Promotional Photos

Written By: Sullivan Fitzgerald
Directed By: Aisha Tyler

jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Busy with sports last night will watch it today
Old 01-21-2023, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Garcia dam girl
Old 01-24-2023, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Pretty good episode.

I liked that we got a "case of the week" type episode. Serial stories are nice and interesting but I also enjoy when they solve different cases, so it was nice to see them still doing other work. And we also still got to see Voit so they didn't just completely drop the season long story.

I'm curious what will happen to Voit's family. He left at the end of the episode because he kept imagining killing them. His wife knows he lied about working, so I won't be surprised if she or one of the daughters somehow finds out what he's really being doing. And Voit's uncle said something last episode about how his family will get in his way, and we saw glimpses of Voit seeing and believing that in this episode. I do think he cares for his family but he does have the capacity to kill them should things take a downward spiral, so I think he definitely left to protect them and prevent himself from hurting them. I won't be surprised though if some big show down happens with the family in the finale.

I've always enjoyed Tara and Rossi together so it was nice to see Rossi talk personally to Tara. Tara was a bit unprofessional though with how she kept checking her phone and it seemed out of character for her, but I suppose when we're hurting we do things we wouldn't always normally do.

The Prentiss and Garcia scene was funny. Poor Prentiss! On the one hand, I kind of like Garcia and Tyler together, but on the other hand, I totally get what Prentiss was saying and see why it's not a good idea. But I couldn't help but laugh, be happy, and have my mouth hanging open at the post credits scene

It was nice to see a different side to Bailey and learn a bit more about him. At the beginning of the season I wondered if he would be more like Barnes or more like Strauss and it seems like he's more like Strauss in that he's not downright evil and is overall a good guy and isn't necessarily out for the BAU but is thinking about himself and his job. It was interesting to have him help on the case and he had some really good moments with the one victim's parents and with Grace at the end. When he first joins in on the case we got some funny moments with Rossi and Luke, like when Bailey said thanks to Rossi for welcoming him and Rossi said he didn't and Luke mentioned the irony of how Bailey now depended on them for his job I did feel bad for Bailey though when they all just walked out of the room and left him there alone with nothing to do, but I was glad Prentiss included him
Old 01-25-2023, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel that Tyler isn’t going to survive . Somehow our big baddie will get to him .
Old 01-25-2023, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I've also seen people speculate Tyler might be a bad/evil guy after all. I hope neither is the case cause I would feel bad for Garcia. And if Tyler did die, it might seem a bit too much like Luke's friend who wanted to ask Garcia out in season 14 but then ended up dying
Reply   Post New Thread