Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A lot to say and take in . Just as I thought they mislead us on a cliffhanger .. We see Team /family enjoying outdoor dinner and all around "family and friend end of season end of episode .. But Hotch gets a message ,13 serial killers have escaped prison . Holy crap

Felt that they wasted bringing in Josh / Will,he had like 4 min of screen time .

I must say this has to be most shooting and so many gun fights ending in a lot of deaths , in a long time . Going back 2 seasons when Reid got shot and Morgan too .. Even Morgan kidnap torture rescue didn't have this much bloodshed . They went all out on the helicopter getting shot down and blown up

Looking forward , they could do a two part season 12 , ep 2 is 2 hrs . Bring back Morgan and maybe prentiss or few NCIS agents .. BAU will have to go all out to capture most likely kill a few of the serial killers ..
They whole Hotch being framed seemed rushed . But it did lead to a new story for him. Jack seeing his dad have a gun pointed at him and arrested , caused a issue . A lot of old stories brought up in his interrogation . Going back to Agent Greenway shooting killing aof the stalker rapist .. Prentiss fake death, Rossi killing Gideon's killer .. Bringing up a lot about Haley's death tonight ..
Old 05-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I really enjoyed this episode. I wrote down notes as I was watching, so I'll share them here (sorry if it's really long).

Rossi and Hayden happened kind of fast. I'm glad that they're trying to understand each other now.

Loved Garcia saying she was going to visit Emily in London. "Last time was work and play. This time will be all play." Oh my gosh I would love to see "The Adventures of Prentiss and Garcia in London". Garcia needs to take JJ with her so we can have drunk girls' night again

Poor Jack and Henry. Especially Jack. That had to be traumatizing.

Interesting that JJ and Hotch are carpooling to school/work. Does Will just drop JJ and Henry off and then Hotch drives them?

Loved Rossi going down to try and help Hotch and he's just like "Let Jack know I'm okay." And Rossi was all "AARON!" He was upset and confused and just wanted to help Hotch.

Loved Reid talking to Henry. And I like that Reid asked Jack about the magic tricks. It shows that Reid has probably seen Jack at some point off screen. We know he's close to JJ's kids because he's their godfather, but it's nice to know he seems to get along well with Jack too. NOW GIVE US SOME HANK MORGAN AND SPENCER REID!

"Anyone wanna smack the smirk off her face?" Please let Tara be a regular next season! Or at least let her stay.

Mama Bear JJ ain't messing around. You go girl! Get stuff done!

Lowed how Reid was with Antonia's son and how he talked to him.

I hate Mr. Scratch! PLEASE, Hotch would never hurt his team or his son or enjoy them being hurt/dying. And I hate these people who are holding Hotch in custody. They're stupid. Loved Hotch profiling them and proving his innocence.

Someone should let Tara smack Mr. Scratch and the DOJ.

Loved the recalls to Elle, Emily's fake death and Rossi killing Gideon's murderer. So what Rossi did was known and didn't fly under the radar. I remember there being a debate about Elle vs. Rossi when Nelson's Sparrow ended. In my opinion, Rossi was justified, Elle was not.

And speaking of Elle, I was literally just saying on IMDB the other day that Elle hasn't really been mentioned on the show since she left. And then BOOM! She's mentioned tonight!

Loved Rossi telling Reid to do whatever he needs to do before Reid could even say what he wanted to do. It showed that they were limited on time, desperate and that they trust each other.

"What did you think, that I was going to blow up my team and turn my son into an orphan?" SLAY HOTCH, SLAY!

I was so happy that guard made it out of the cell block in time. But I had a feeling he'd get caught somewhere else and die. I was right. Boo!

A tunnel?! This is so elaborate!

Rossi waiting for that guy to come through the tunnel and being all "Evening." SLAY ROSSI, SLAY!

Why are these people leaving Tara alone? Not okay!

Oh dang, that trap! Poor captain SWAT dude.

Please Mr. Jail person, Tara could totally take on all of you. She's fierce and sassy and she slays.

Was wondering when Tara would call for backup.

Hotch to the rescue! SLAY HOTCH SLAY! Welcome back Hotch!

Also, how many times can I use slay to describe these characters? Apparently a lot because this finale is just that intense!

Hotch does not appreciate these bad guys shooting at Reid and JJ. THOSE ARE THE BABIES OF THE TEAM, YOU IDIOTS!

I loved all the action scenes near the end!

WOAH! Jack with attitude! I don't blame him though. He's been through a lot in his life and he's only 10. It was only a matter of time that he didn't rebound quickly and be okay with everything.

"Meet my team. They're the only family I have outside of you and Joy." AWW ROSSI! He forgot his grandson though, but it was still sweet. And it reminded me of when Rossi told Hotch that he was more married to the team than he ever was to his three ex-wives.

Loved Tara and Hayden talking and Hayden saying Tara is her favorite.

Reid doing magic for Henry and Jack with Garcia as the assistant was so adorable! And I loved JJ and Hotch watching and smiling in the background.

Nice scene with JJ and Hotch. I totally get what Hotch was saying. Jack was pretty young when Haley died and although he probably heard the gunshots, he didn’t see it. But seeing his dad held at gunpoint and arrested, that’s got to leave a lasting image. Liked Hotch saying he doesn’t want the job to do anything to Jack and JJ reassures him that it’s okay he does this because he’s Jack’s hero.

Totally thought Reid was gonna whack his head on that table.

Also, someone give Reid some kids!

This would have been a good episode for a Morgan mention! The beginning montage would have been a good time to mention him, or the end scene. Also, I know Morgan/Shemar is gone, but it was still kind of sad not to see him. He (Morgan) could have totally joined a team/family gathering, but since Shemar was gone, it wasn’t possible.

So, whenever the adults are chilling outside drinking and laughing, are the kids just alone in the big mansion? This happened at JJ’s wedding too when everyone was dancing and Henry and Jack were gone.

Oh my gosh, poor Will and Hayden. Everyone but them got up and went inside. So awkward.

Also hope that Hayden doesn't get upset by Rossi going in to talk about the case.

Stupid Mr. Scratch ruining that lovely team moment!

I liked the cliffhanger. It was a good cliffhanger. And it will lead in well to season 12.
Not gonna lie though, but as much as I liked the cliffhanger, I also would have been fine with/kind of liked a cliffhanger that was “oh no is someone going to die/someone is hurt.” I am an evil person.

Anyways, it was a good episode. Lots of action and we got some good moments of Hotch profiling and proving his innocence. Can't wait to see how this all unfolds in season 12. Now we just need the renewal.
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think that was the best finale I've ever watched! WOW! I think this was the biggest, most complex case I've seen and it isn't even over yet!

Now.....a question. There has been speculation about Reid having Asperger's and MGG has said that his character has some traits. So, was his "I get confused as well" during the interview with the son a confirmation of that or was he just playing, trying to connect with him?

I ADORED those scenes before the last scene....OMG! Reid and Garcia with the boys and how he was playing with them..... I agree with jls2971, please give Reid (and I would like to add Garcia in there) some kids!!!! I could totally see him marry someone who already has kids, young ones who wouldn't know the difference or kids who have never known their dad.

Last edited by Mountain_Girl; 05-04-2016 at 10:08 PM
Mountain_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

YES to Garcia having kids as well!
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

oh and Rossi telling Hayden that the team is his only family besides her and Joy.

Also, anyone get the feeling that this is a foreshadow to (maybe) hotch leaving next season?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Addicted Fan

jls, you're nuts... I got tired of reading your post...
Re carpooling; I don't think JJ and Hotch do that often? And maybe Will is at work? But if Will is at work, he did come quickly off work to basically babysit through the whole episode... Poor Will, seriously, and at the end was so WEIRD/AWKWARD seing him and Hayden (miscast for me, don't like the actress, no chemistry between her and Rossi, my opinion) sitting alone ahahhaha, and why did they all LEFT them at the table, its not like they were discussing TOP SECRET INFORMATION, that jail-escape is going to be all over news...
Now seriously, do the kids sleep at Rossi's while the adults are drinking? Where is Michael, not invited to the party huh... Reid with the kids was totally MGG. Its weird that JJ had a better outfit for work then for the party...
I felt sorry for Hotch at the end, Jack was totally unresponsive... He's gone through a lot, but come on, give him a smile kid!
Could be foreshadowing for Hotch leaving but only if its the last season.
Tara at the party, wowza.

Ok, I covered now all the family moments I think.

Now off to the case, this was the best season finale in last five-six years definetely! So Mr. Scratch isn't Antonia's son, am I the only one that thought that Antonia will appear more in the episode , it was like hey Frances we are doing season finale, so if you could spare just five minutes for one scene and we will let you go...
I don't get how they are all connected - Antonia's son whatshisname - the dude that wanted to blow of some stuff and framed Hotch - Mr. Scratch, how did they all communicated and planned this all together...
Poor SWAT team, half of them got killed...
I liked how Hotch destroyed that DOJ dude, or in jls words, SLAYED.

I want those thirteen to continue KILLING, not in the premiere, hey we catched 12 of them, Mr Scratch is left.

So, S12 will be the last, half season, 13 episodes - 13 serial killers escaped, Mr. Scratch series finale, I will show myself out now, thank you.
Hotch retires, Rossi finally retires, JJ head of the BAU (sorry Reid ) and some new agents, ending is JJ saying "Wheels up in 30!" fade to black screen, the end.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/criminal...ason-12-plans/
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Nice interview with Erica.

Like I've said before, I would love for Tara to become a regular or at least stay. She fits in nicely.

I still would prefer that they keep Tara and don't bring in anyone else to replace Morgan, but I have a feeling that's not how it will be. Erica said in that article that they can't be an agent down. But I think if they keep Tara, they will be fine number wise. I guess if they had 6 in the field they would be evenly partnered off, but some of the tasks they do when they arrive at their location don't require two people to be present. There should be two agents who go to the crime scene, but you really only need one person to go to the morgue. I guess two is nice so they can bounce ideas off each other, but it's still possible to just have one person go see the body at the morgue. And then one to two agents can go to the police department to get settled in and start working with the local law enforcement. I don't know, I think five people out in the field with Garcia working at Quantico is fine. We've seen it work this season. I just think adding another person isn't necessary and it just means less time that can be focused on already established characters. One thing with the show in the past years is more focus on the unsubs, so we need as much time with our characters that we've grown to love. But if someone new does come on I'll give them a chance and see how they work with the team.

I liked what Erica said about Jack and Hotch and how Jack was processing what just happened in a way Hotch would, and that Hotch wouldn't be so sure if that's a good thing. Jack's older now at about 10/11 and will be a teenager soon. He's going to view things differently now and it's possible he isn't so happy all the time. It's like Erica said, he's a pre-teen and has a different view of his dad's job now. And also like Erica said, Jack's at the point now where a hug isn't going to make it all better.

The scene with Hotch and JJ definitely gave me a feeling of what it would be like with Hotch leaving. I was sort of getting that idea that he might leave but then I was like "No, I can't see Hotch leaving right now." I do see Hotch retiring in the series finale though. Like you said, believer, I can see the series finale having Hotch and Rossi retiring and either Reid or JJ taking over. I guess we could say that Antonia talking about JJ wanting to be the leader could be the clue that JJ will take over one day, but I can still see it being either Reid or JJ (or Morgan if he ever decided to come back). But I think it would be kind of nice to see Hotch and Rossi retiring in the series finale. Jack would be a teenager and Hotch would get to spend some more time with him and just settle down, and Rossi's already at/past retiring age, so it would make sense for him to step out as well.

Would love to see Jane Lynch come back!

And about Rossi and Hayden, Erica said that she thinks Rossi views Hayden as the one that got away. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but in season 7 they made it seem like Carolyn (Rossi's first wife) was the most special of the group since she was the first. Not saying that Rossi didn't care about Hayden. Maybe it's just me and I took Prentiss telling Rossi there was something special about the first one as more and thinking Carolyn was the one that got away. I think ex-wife #3 was the only one Rossi wasn't super close or deeply attached/connected to, since they got married after a drunken night in Vegas and barely knew each other.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)

Would love to see Jane Lynch come back!

And about Rossi and Hayden, Erica said that she thinks Rossi views Hayden as the one that got away. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but in season 7 they made it seem like Carolyn (Rossi's first wife) was the most special of the group since she was the first. Not saying that Rossi didn't care about Hayden. Maybe it's just me and I took Prentiss telling Rossi there was something special about the first one as more and thinking Carolyn was the one that got away. I think ex-wife #3 was the only one Rossi wasn't super close or deeply attached/connected to, since they got married after a drunken night in Vegas and barely knew each other.
Hah, that story is the same every year.

If CM continue for two-three seasons and Rossi/Hayden fall apart, ex-wife #3 will probably be the "one that got away".
Old 05-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I wouldn't mind meeting Crystal, as long as she's not "the one that got away"

Although I doubt Rossi is still in contact with her. Maybe he runs into her if they have a case in Vegas

Ratings from last night:
18-49 Demo: 1.8
Viewers: 8.83 Million
Old 05-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Believer, I think you are just as nuts as the rest of us.

I agree, Tara needs to stay. I love how she has bonded with Reid so quickly.

Anyone else wondering why everyone dresses up to go to Rossi's. I mean, every time we see them there they are in formal wear. What is up with that? Rossi is a friend, not royalty. It isn't like they are having tea with the queen or meeting the president.

Yeah, I also have a feeling that, when the time comes, JJ will become the head of the team. Good gosh she gave both Rossi and Hotch a run for their money in that interview with Antonia. Wow! Don't mess with the kids or you get mama bear JJ on your case. Loved how Reid and JJ stepped it up and showed everyone how competent they are their jobs. well done writers!!!!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That interview with Erica was very good . No
Way there isn't a season 12 . See that Thomas was on the same plane as Jane Lynch , he was texting with Erica . He went over to Jane saying we need you back on the show , she said yes . Note to Jane don't get booked on any shows . As I posted in Rossi news , in 2wks at the network upfronts , we will hear of the renewal . No reason for her and other executive producers to be working on season 12 if they were unclear that there would be a season 12.

Oh few posts back it was posted that Elle name had not been mentiond since she left the show . Not true at all
Season 3-4 -5 i know she was brought up.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
Believer, I think you are just as nuts as the rest of us.

I agree, Tara needs to stay. I love how she has bonded with Reid so quickly.

Anyone else wondering why everyone dresses up to go to Rossi's. I mean, every time we see them there they are in formal wear. What is up with that? Rossi is a friend, not royalty. It isn't like they are having tea with the queen or meeting the president.

Yeah, I also have a feeling that, when the time comes, JJ will become the head of the team. Good gosh she gave both Rossi and Hotch a run for their money in that interview with Antonia. Wow! Don't mess with the kids or you get mama bear JJ on your case. Loved how Reid and JJ stepped it up and showed everyone how competent they are their jobs. well done writers!!!!
MG, you're wrong, Rossi is BAU royalty

I agree about JJ and Reid. They stepped up and proved they are capable and fit for this job. I also probably could see JJ as lead over Reid, but I'm not going to rule Reid out yet (not that I think this is something we have to worry about right now )

And yes, as I said, Tara fits in nicely. She's gotten close to Reid and Reid was talking about his mom with her which shows they must get along pretty well. I thought Tara got along pretty well with Morgan when he was around. Heck, Prentiss isn't on the team and just met Tara that one time and they hit it off pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
That interview with Erica was very good . No
Way there isn't a season 12 . See that Thomas was on the same plane as Jane Lynch , he was texting with Erica . He went over to Jane saying we need you back on the show , she said yes . Note to Jane don't get booked on any shows . As I posted in Rossi news , in 2wks at the network upfronts , we will hear of the renewal . No reason for her and other executive producers to be working on season 12 if they were unclear that there would be a season 12.

Oh few posts back it was posted that Elle name had not been mentiond since she left the show . Not true at all
Season 3-4 -5 i know she was brought up.
Yeah, that's nice that Thomas saw her and was texting Erica and asked her to come back. Hopefully they follow through on it, because Erica has said in the past that she was going to try to talk to Jane or whatever but nothing ever happens.

And that was me who mentioned Elle. I didn't mean she hasn't been mentioned at all, just that she hasn't been mentioned a lot. I figured she had been mentioned at some point, I just couldn't recall when. I think Gideon's been mentioned more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
jls, you're nuts... I got tired of reading your post...
Why yes, I am nuts And it's okay, I got tired writing my post
Old 05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)

Why yes, I am nuts And it's okay, I got tired writing my post
Do you watch and write (no looking ) or do you wait for the first commercial and then type all your thoughts...
Old 05-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

part of the finale where Tara was locked in the Serial killer part of prison
Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

That was the most intense scene EVER!