Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Just got around to watching this episode. I thought it was good (definitely an improvement over last week). There were some little things that I would change, but overall I was interested in the story.

Like believer said, they knew who the unsubs were and pretty much had the case solved in the first half of the episode, then the second half was just finding them. I wish they would have spent more time profiling. There was very little profiling in the episode, and I think that's something they need to focus on in the episodes. It is the premise of the show after all Profiling the unsubs and getting into their minds.

I was fine with seeing the unsubs early in this episode, I just wish we could have seen more profiling to go along with it.

I liked that Rossi caught on to the sheriff and his alcohol and was able to talk to him and convince him to go home and drink real coffee.

Wished Hotch could have had more to do.

I liked the shootout at the end. It was good to see Reid and Morgan involved and Rossi and the sheriff helping from a far. It's nice to mix up the way the unsubs are taken down. Last week's was a talk down, the week before was Hotch sneaking up behind the guy, this week's an intense shootout between cops and bad guys. As someone else said, all the episodes so far this season are different, and that's good. Nice to see different kinds of cases.

The ending was kind of weird, as others have said. It was well done, but it did seem kind of out of place.

Last edited by jls2971; 10-22-2015 at 07:39 AM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe the Sheriff's best friend daughters was murdered in the past case . To show the community support , the BAU team attended the service of the girl killed at the beginning of the episode . It was the sheriffs daughter. Who sang the hym . Well Hotch and Dr went to Texas to the prison , thus where not in New Mexico when the shootout went down
Old 10-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Ratings

Demo 18-49: 1.6
Viewers: 8.34 million

New series low
Old 10-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
Ratings

Demo 18-49: 1.6
Viewers: 8.34 million

New series low
I'm hoping we don't go below 1.5, but don't have my hopes high...
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

next week looks promising. Maybe it will help...
Old 10-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I heve noticed a lot of shows ratings are lower this season . The DVR # are higher . Currently you have the major league baseball playoffs going on , other sports have started up there season . Plus in the US people have cut the cable cord. Only watch stuff on there phones / tablets / laptops .
Old 10-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

yeah, I noticed as well I wonder if they will start to change how they do ratings with how people watch.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
I heve noticed a lot of shows ratings are lower this season . The DVR # are higher . Currently you have the major league baseball playoffs going on , other sports have started up there season . Plus in the US people have cut the cable cord. Only watch stuff on there phones / tablets / laptops .
Exactly. Plus, the competition Wednesdays at 9 is big. Every network has a pretty big show on at 9. I think empire has taken a lot of live viewers from criminal minds.

I do wish people considered dvr ratings more as well as more than just 18-49 demo.

Plus as you said baseball playoffs are happening right now. Ratings might be worse next week because of the actual world series.

Everyone on spoiler TV is talking about the bad ratings and it makes me sad. But it's dvr ratings are still good.

I just hope that when the show does end, it doesn't go out on a whimper (like glee, for example). I have a feeling though it might get low numbers for its series finale
Old 10-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Addicted Fan

So, the final ratings didn't change much, still 1.6, man SVU is on 1.5 like last year (I think), and now they seems that they are going to be beat us... :O
Old 10-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I saw a comment on TVbytheNumbers that said "Looks like a lot of CM fans turned 50 this year."

Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Hahahah, could be.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm lost....what does age have to do with anything?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyway , so Hotch was limited this week . Glad we had a lot of Reid and Morgan ! Or as Jack would say "working the case "
The final shootout , not to be critical ,is a scene played out hundreds of time on TV/Movies . The unsub with the son , did show he still had a strong bond with his partner . I did think he may give up , thinking be would live to see his son ..
Old 10-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
I'm lost....what does age have to do with anything?
The key age demo that Nielsen looks at and is the most important number is the 18-49 age group.

So the joke, "they all must have turned 50 this year" is saying that everyone who was watching Criminal Minds was 49, but now that they're 50, they're still watching but their viewership isn't as important or counted in the key demo and is also the reason the 18-49 number is slipping
Old 10-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

ah, okay.

yeah I think they should look at the 50+ now since more younger people are turning to streaming and such.