Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2016, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 02-26-2016, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

So excited, Thank Rae! This came up sooner then I expected even, wohoo!

Picture wise here are some suggestions:

1, 2 , 3, 4

My personal favorite out of that set is #3, but not sure how good those are for working into a banner. This site has all of her recent photo shoots from 2015 ( she had several nice photo shoots in the fall because of her album release). She did cut her hair in December but sadly there are not any photo shoots with her new hair being she is on tour right now. That is okay though, there are a lot of other great options.

I am not overly picky picture wise, I would like to at least one picture in the banner with her smiling as she has a really sweet smile.

Colorwise, I really don't want purple, or pink for that matter I always thought this board would look great with shades of brown and green or grey if possible. Something slightly rustic colors, somewhat naturelike. Carrie lives in Nashville and has a weekend cabin where her hubby goes hunting regularly, so I think something naturewise reflects who she is as a person. I will look through the color website later today for further suggestions on that.

Last edited by Mo Nighean Donn; 02-26-2016 at 01:44 PM
Mo Nighean Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Carmen is it me or did you post the same photoshoot twice?

thanks Rae So happy
I'm agreeing with Carmen, I think the colours now are maybe a bit too sugary... I checked the design seeds site you recommended.
I love the earthy tones, like this , this and this

I love these for pictures
1, 2, 3

this is okay too
Old 02-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah I posted the Cosmo pictures twice on accident, maybe because I love them so much

I love the Shape Magazine photo shoot too, but in a lot of those pictures, the top of her head is cut off so not sure if they are usable.

Glad we agree on earthy tones! This board has been purple so long, that it is time for something totally different and refreshing. Love the colors you picked, especially the first too Leo
Old 02-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess you're right? A few good pictures though

I'm so excited for this
Old 02-26-2016, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

The other Idol's were being done, you were left out so I had to get to you eventually. Idol boards should stick together . I may have bumped you up a little bit but I had boards which I had to skip so you really only jumped one board and their customisation is as old as yours.

The colours here are pretty but I completely agree that earthy tones would fit Carrie better. The colours here represent her sweet and feminine side so it would be a nice change to see her down to earth, nature loving side instead.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Rae
Wow, there's really an idea behind the colours?
That's cool!
Old 02-27-2016, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

I have no idea, that is just how I see them . I could look back in the last thread to see if there was though.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww this is exciting

I totally agree with he earth tones. I don't mind the one we have now but it would be a nice change.

We've had some really great photoshoots lately. I love the ones you girls have posted. Especially this one

• • era • • [icon]
where we belong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
The other Idol's were being done, you were left out so I had to get to you eventually. Idol boards should stick together . I may have bumped you up a little bit but I had boards which I had to skip so you really only jumped one board and their customisation is as old as yours.

The colours here are pretty but I completely agree that earthy tones would fit Carrie better. The colours here represent her sweet and feminine side so it would be a nice change to see her down to earth, nature loving side instead.
Wohoo, thanks for bumping us!

It would be a very nice change Would totally refresh the board to give it a whole new look and color scheme.

I went through the old board customization thread a while back and I think just at the time people wanted purple or more girly colors. Not sure on that though.

Leo were you around when the first customization took place?

I am so glad we all agree on earthy tones for the colors, makes it so much easier I am sure the final look will be fantastic.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if I was
Atleast I don't remember
Old 03-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really like the earthy colors as well!! I am super into her album art for storyteller, so for me that would be amazing.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Glad you had time to pop in this thread Dani! She has had some really great photo shoots lately, very good timing to be customized
Old 03-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

:Yay: Dani
Thanks for sharing your opinion!

That shoot is great too
Old 03-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I will be happy with anything!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote