Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2016, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

You should be thankful given how much it cost Also, i'm not sure if she'll like this book, so its best she give it to you.
And I know, I was there at the signing. Haha.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

The Fireman by Joe Hill is a pretty interesting and exciting read. Reminiscent of Stephen King which makes sense since Joe Hill is his son. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree - that's for sure. Anyway, I liked it a lot and don't hesitate to recommend it.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've never heard of him. I'll check it up
Old 08-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see this series mentioned on this board - The Hollows by Kim Harrison. The main character is Rachel Morgan, a witch/bounty hunter living in the Hollows of Cincinnati. There are also vampires, werewolves, pixies and all manner of fantasy creatures. Here's a link to her website that lists her books. I highly recommend these!

Kim Harrison - The Hollows Series

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
You should be thankful given how much it cost Also, i'm not sure if she'll like this book, so its best she give it to you.
And I know, I was there at the signing. Haha.
I am very thankful I posted a message for her on facebook and twitter so believe me I'm very greatful that she did that for me also she was planning on giving it for me anyways cause I asked her to since he's not going to be signing anywhere near me so yeah shes a really great friend and I plan on trying to find something nice for her
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ

Last edited by ~betty's garden~; 08-01-2016 at 07:38 PM
~betty's garden~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-kissed (View Post)
I am very thankful I posted a message for her on facebook and twitter so believe me I'm very greatful that she did that for me also she was planning on giving it for me anyways cause I asked her to since he's not going to be signing anywhere near me so yeah shes a really great friend and I plan on trying to find something nice for her
Yeah, she told me she wished she looked at the price before she offered, because the book cost $30
But it was still worth it because it was a good event and would have been weird to turn up without the book. I had bought the book the previous day.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

anyway I should be getting United today hopefully
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's cool.

In terms of Nevernight. Hard to say whether you'll like it. It's very different, but interesting. I can see how it would not be for everyone. I had never read a solo Jay book before, so I didn't really know his writing, so it takes some getting used to. Its dark and violent as well.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think i'll like it the summery was interesting lol why don't you let me read it and decide lmao
Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was just stating how its not everyone's thing, and how its very different. The writing style. It's an adult book, just with a teenager protagonist, but it's still very compelling.
The writing does take a while to get used to, but once you do, then it's good.

Janelle isn't going to read it, she said it doesn't seem her thing, and after reading it myself, I know she won't like it.
But there is every chance you might. Your tastes differ from hers.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

it seems like Red Rising and i'm enjoying it so far
Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

In what way do you think it seems like it?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

its written like an adult but the main character is only 16
Old 08-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Red Rising was like that? I was tempted to buy that book in paperback to read it again.

But yeah, that's exactly how Nevernight is I want to read that again, I feel a second read I can get more details, since there is a lot to process.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I heard great reviews for it so far so i'm more excited to read it
Reply   Post New Thread