Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the books so much.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvatorelover (View Post)
The show looks really good. Are the books good?
I think the books are well worth a read. There very entertaining and the mystery of A is extremely well done. To me there kinda 'Sisterhood of the traveling pants' meets 'Gossip Girl'.
Jess
Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I couldn't get through the first GG book, but PLL on the other hand... I read it in less than a day.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB2008 (View Post)
I heard about the show a few months ago and it's produced by the same people who produce 2 of my favorite shows Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries. I knew I would love this show and I've seen promo's and it looks amazing!! I read the books after I heard about the show and I loved them. The final book comes out on June 8th the same day the show premiers!! I can't wait to read the final book I just want this mystery solved!!

At first I wasn't thrilled that the show was going to be on ABC family. I don't really like their shows, no offense to those that do. I just think there kind of cheesy lol. Now I think it's a good thing the show is on ABC family because if it were on the CW or FOX ratings would matter and it could easily get cancelled. On a cable channel rating don't matter as much so the show has a better chance of survival.
Yeah I'm so excited to read the final book and see how the series ends.

Yeah I'm glad it's on ABC Family as well. Because ABC Family normally doesn't cancel shows as quickly or as often as the major networks. So I think PLL stands a good chance.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ABC Family is a great network for a show like this. I think Pretty Little Liars will be a hit for the network
Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I am hoping that it will be really popular.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

For a show thats going to be on ABC family it's getting a lot of buzz. I've seen so many commercials, billboards, and interviews with the cast. I think it's getting a lot more attention then the other ABC family shows and thats a really good sign. I think it will be very popular.

Does any one know how many episodes the first season will have?? I'm not sure how ABC family works but most other cable shows have 12 episode seasons.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're right, they're adversizing this a lot

PLL has been picked up for 10 episodes, and might get an extra 10 episodes if the show does well (which I think it will )
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB2008 (View Post)
For a show thats going to be on ABC family it's getting a lot of buzz. I've seen so many commercials, billboards, and interviews with the cast. I think it's getting a lot more attention then the other ABC family shows and thats a really good sign. I think it will be very popular.

There's going to be much more scandal in this show than in any other ABC family I think. Secret Life (I admit Ive never actually watched it...) may have had Teenage pregnancy but PLL has Student/Teacher relationship, questioning of sexuality, perhaps Bulimia and much more. The whole mystery of A is going to add another dimension to the show and drive it forward, and thats what a show needs I feel, it needs to focus on more than characters relationship and really have a plot driving force.

Back to the books, im onto the second book, I should have finished it by now but im reading a pretty lengthy book at the same time so PLL has taken a back seat for now... Im much more interested in Hannah's story this time, the story with her dad is very interesting.
Jess
Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Secret Life blah-blah has a lot of weird issues too, but I agree, Pretty Little Liars is SCANDALOUS.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

I love ABC Family and I watch a lot of shows from the network. However, I honestly believe that Pretty Little Liars will be the best show that has ever been on the network.

Simply because the writing of PLL is way better than other ABC Family shows we have seen. Sara Shepard has written an incredible story. The show has so much potential. So much so that I would be shocked if it wasn't a hit show.

For example...I love 10 Things I Hate About You but even that couldn't make it on the network and that show came from the very popular movie. The storyline was just not strong enough (even for half hour episodes) and the show wasn't getting viewers because of it. Pretty Little Liars is not just held together by scandalous relationships like other shows. PLL will never run out of stories to tell and just start making everyone in the show sleep with each other. The show has a much stronger story line - the mystery.

I don't think the other shows will compare to Pretty Little Liars and I think the network knows this. That's why they are promoting the show a lot. They know that they have a show that could potentially be a huge hit for them. ABC Family has never promoted a show this much before. The network seems proud of it and really loves the response already. The show doesn't start for 2 weeks but there is already a major buzz about it.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ABC Family seriously got themselves a hit (at least, I hope so )
Old 05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I started with the first book, finally.. I already love it..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's awesome, right? Who are your favorite characters?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Secret Life is a show where kids talk about sex only PLL will have more issues and it looks really good. I actually read the third and fourth books since my liberary didn't have book one I'm reading the series backwards its weird.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread