Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkah (View Post)
ok so, im half through and I absolutley love it!! I love Rose so far! Probably will finish soon!
Can't wait until you finish so we can get more people in on the discussion. Glad you like it.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think i read this book back in January, but Rose is awesome. She is strong, loyal,witty. kickass but still wants love in her life
Man it must be hard on her, being inside Lissa's head, i mean just being inside your own is bad enough, but someone else's? With all their emotions, could put a toll on anybody.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere (View Post)
I think i read this book back in January, but Rose is awesome. She is strong, loyal,witty. kickass but still wants love in her life
Man it must be hard on her, being inside Lissa's head, i mean just being inside your own is bad enough, but someone else's? With all their emotions, could put a toll on anybody.
Yeah, no kidding, but it sounds like she really doesn't mind. There were a couple of times that I was a little annoyed that she was basically spying on Lissa, but then I realized that if Lissa isn't going to tell her anything, and Rose's primary goal is to protect her, then Rose has to to something and this is what it is.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

i'm about done it, and I love Rose! her sassyness is fun to read most times. I think it would be tough for her in her position always having to be on the look for trouble, and being inside your best friends head, can't be easy. her training sessions between dimitri and herself make me lol, i'm pretty sure i'll end up shipping them in the end
'Cause now I o w n you Stefan&Katherine | megan

defyprobability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Of course you will, as if there is any other way
Old 06-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Supreme Fan

I ended up going and buying the other two this afternoon because I had a 25% off coupon for Borders for this weekend and thought I might as well take advantage of it. I don't know when I'll get to read those, but I'm very interested to see what happens between Rose and Dimitri. I agree with him, the fact that since they'll both be Lissa's guardians they can't love each other because they might save each other instead of saving Lissa, but at the same time it's already clear that they're pretty much already in love and no mater what they say they're going to do, that isn't going to change.
I also really enjoy Lissa. I was a little worried there that she was going to be a fairly flat character but this whole insanity/depression deal is really quite interesting, the fact that if she uses her powers she descends deeper into madness, but you know it's going to be necessary for her to use them to fight the Strigoi.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere (View Post)
Of course you will, as if there is any other way
haha, you were right. I totally ship them, as I read more they became love for me! He called her Roza!

Old 06-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heh, you knew you would

Yeah, in this book i liked Lissa. I felt for her, having to deal with what she does. I can understand that it may not be easy for her
One would think that she does nothing while the Guardians protect them, but that's not true. I believe the Vampires can fight as much as the Guardians, they do have the strength to do so and the ability.

Oh, the love that Rose and Dimitri have for each other definitely won't change even though they can't be together. They are trying to do what is best for everyone, but themselves. No matter how much they want to be together, they also know it would mean Lissa would be unprotected.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Supreme Fan

I was just thinking about how it would be to get stuck in my friend's head every once in a while and to be able to feel her emotions. Yeah, it would kind of suck.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

i just finished!

and i loved it! cant wait to start FrostBite. I'm disappointed that Dimitri and Rose can't 'be together' because of their duties to Lissa. I thought the ending was amazing, the healing/kidnap thing. Really good. Good but I wanted R/D

i agree, i wouldnt want to be in my friends head, no matter what. So i feel bad for Rose having to have to

Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
i just finished!

and i loved it! cant wait to start FrostBite. I'm disappointed that Dimitri and Rose can't 'be together' because of their duties to Lissa. I thought the ending was amazing, the healing/kidnap thing. Really good. Good but I wanted R/D

i agree, i wouldnt want to be in my friends head, no matter what. So i feel bad for Rose having to have to
Agreed, but I suppose it's actually a good thing since that means Rose is Shadow-kissed and perhaps she can keep Lissa from going insane the same way that Anna kept Vladimir from going crazy because she could see into his mind. So even though it would be highly frustrating, it would be for the better and would keep Lissa from doing what Ms. Karp did and deciding to become Strigoi so she wouldn't be able to touch her power.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Supreme Fan

So I broke down and bought the book and, like Angel, I read it in a day....it so really really good.

I agree that Rose is an awesome character...I love her and Dimitri's relationship and interactions

I actually think Rose being able to enter Lissa's head is kind of cool. I mean, it would be really annoying when it happened and you couldn't control them, but if she needs to check on Lissa, as her guardian it would be very helpful.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

of course as her guardian it does come in handy, for those purposes I suppose I would want it too

i just hope Lissa doesn't end up like Ms.Karp, and that Rose protects her as much as she can. I just have a bad feeling something bad is gonna happen in he other books

Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
of course as her guardian it does come in handy, for those purposes I suppose I would want it too

i just hope Lissa doesn't end up like Ms.Karp, and that Rose protects her as much as she can. I just have a bad feeling something bad is gonna happen in he other books
I have the next two I gave in and bought them but I haven't started reading them yet so I guess I'll find out what happens sometime soon.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

lucky you! i only have frostbite, my store doesnt carry shadowkiss, so i have to special order it, and it'll take forever!

Reply   Post New Thread