Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Next book is gonna be JM and Xhex
Okay, I haven't read Lover Avenged yet so it's too early for me to judge but ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!!

I think we kinda knew it was coming but I still hope that Ward would take a hike for this storyline

But back to Lover Avenged, does this one includes a lot of back story on other character like it did in LE? I like JM and his friends just fine but due to their story got mixed up in LE, I felt that Phury's storyline got a little sidetrack and that really ruins the whole book for me.

Quote:
Marissa didn't grow on me all that much to be honest.
I just reread the book last night and it was still as good as the first time. I don't know, I like Marissa from the start and her relationship with Butch is just sweet and romantic especially since Butch has been pining for her since they first met

icon
Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm just the opposite, I like Marissa, it's Butch I have problems with.

About LA: yes, there are several side-storylines apart from the main couple. There's one about Wrath and Beth, there's one about Xhex and John, and one about Lash. Of course they're all interwined, but uhmm you can skip. I skipped almost all of Lash's story and a lot of Xhex and John's. I am so not interested in their book.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 05-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought I would join over here along with the couple thread for this book series

To tell you the truth, my favorite couple is probably Wrath/Beth because they got me hooked on the series. Z and Bella are great as well. I think there really cute. They would probably be number 2 for me.

For the brothers I don't have a favorite there is some I like more than others.

I like most of the love stories except I'm not a big fan of V/Jane and Phury/Cormia because I didn't feel like they were developed enough.

So it's definite that Xhex will be for John? That's really a disappointment to me because I don't like them. I was hoping they would get some new girl for him. Like a lot of you have mentioned I don't feel like they would work together in the romantic capacity and I also feel like his mentality is too young for her in a way. I'm so dreading the John book now. I hope they have another couple as a side item because I don't know if I can read John's book.

hugs,
Denise
Old 05-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise (View Post)
I like most of the love stories except I'm not a big fan of V/Jane and Phury/Cormia because I didn't feel like they were developed enough.
I know what you mean. I was looking forward to V's storyline because of the development of his relationship with Butch in LR. I think it's Jane's character that I couldn't quite warm up to that made the book less appealing to me, though I kinda like the ending. I'm reading it again, just to see if my first impression still stands

I don't like Phury and Cormia's story, which is sad because I love Phury and his relation with Z. I think his book got a little messy because of the other side story which I think, carry equals weight with Phury's story. Compared to the other book, the main character's plot is more heavy and dominant than other sub-plot.

Quote:
So it's definite that Xhex will be for John? That's really a disappointment to me because I don't like them. I was hoping they would get some new girl for him. Like a lot of you have mentioned I don't feel like they would work together in the romantic capacity and I also feel like his mentality is too young for her in a way. I'm so dreading the John book now. I hope they have another couple as a side item because I don't know if I can read John's book.
Yeah, I'm thinking of skipping his book too. But maybe I'll change my mind once I read Rhev's book.

Maybe it's just me but I find the series started to go downhill after Butch's story

icon
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
I know what you mean. I was looking forward to V's storyline because of the development of his relationship with Butch in LR. I think it's Jane's character that I couldn't quite warm up to that made the book less appealing to me, though I kinda like the ending. I'm reading it again, just to see if my first impression still stands

I don't like Phury and Cormia's story, which is sad because I love Phury and his relation with Z. I think his book got a little messy because of the other side story which I think, carry equals weight with Phury's story. Compared to the other book, the main character's plot is more heavy and dominant than other sub-plot.
It wasn't Jane for me that was the problem. To me it didn't have enough time for me to warm up to it. Plus Ward spent almost two books on V/Butch feelings. And all of a sudden here comes Jane. I just think it could have been written better.

I guess Jane is suppose to be like Butch but in female version.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm thinking of skipping his book too. But maybe I'll change my mind once I read Rhev's book.

Maybe it's just me but I find the series started to go downhill after Butch's story
I'm hoping to start Rhev's book tomorrow. But I'm really dreading John's. I might wait to hear how it is before I actually buy it. I don't dislike John I just don't like Ward relationship choice for him. But to be honest I do resent John a little because he been monopolizing a lot of the more recent books.

hugs,
Denise
Old 05-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

I thought it was a weird choice to focus so much on the V/B feelings. They weren't just friendship, especially on V's part. Why focus so much on them if nothing was going to happen?
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 05-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
I thought it was a weird choice to focus so much on the V/B feelings. They weren't just friendship, especially on V's part. Why focus so much on them if nothing was going to happen?
Exactly...that was a big problem for me too. Ward spent almost 2 books on that and all of a sudden here comes Jane. It like if it wasn't going to go anywhere why spend so much time on it.

hugs,
Denise
Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was a weird choice... I mean I knew she wasn't going to put them together 'cause Butch has been in love with Marissa since DL... but, I don't know, it was just strange.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

I think the reason why is because they want to potray V as someone who knows no boundary when it comes to sex. And also as part of his character to carry his background story back when he was in the camp with his father. I look at the potrayal of their relationship as an achor to V's storyline, nothing more. Plus, I've to admit, their relationship is very intriguing even though I'm pro Butch/Marissa all the way

I read LU again and yup, still don't like Jane. The only shellan that I like in the series are Beth and Marissa, and perhaps Cormia too.

icon
Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think the reason why is because they want to potray V as someone who knows no boundary when it comes to sex. And also as part of his character to carry his background story back when he was in the camp with his father. I look at the potrayal of their relationship as an achor to V's storyline, nothing more. Plus, I've to admit, their relationship is very intriguing even though I'm pro Butch/Marissa all the way

I read LU again and yup, still don't like Jane. The only shellan that I like in the series are Beth and Marissa, and perhaps Cormia too.
You're right maybe it was explored to understand V sexuality better. I love V/Butch so I don't have problems with it. I just wish the Jane and even Cormia stories had been better.

You don't like Bella?

I think all the girls have there moments. But my favorite is probably Beth.

hugs,
Denise
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

My favourite is Bella, but I really like Mary too. Third is Beth, and I'm indifferent to the others I don't hate any of the shellans, it's some of the warriors that I can't stand (Phury )
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
My favourite is Bella, but I really like Mary too. Third is Beth, and I'm indifferent to the others I don't hate any of the shellans, it's some of the warriors that I can't stand (Phury )
Honestly, I hope they use Mary more. They don't really use her much. I like that she helped Wrath in the new book but I wish Ward could do a little more with her. Bella, Beth, Marissa have had quite a bit of time.

hugs,
Densie
Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree, I also liked how she helped Z. She seems really caring and sweet.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm indifferent towards Bella and Mary But I agree that Mary is underused in the series.

icon
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
But I agree that Mary is underused in the series.
Yeah, even Jane will get more time because she's the brotherhood doctor. And Bella, Beth, Marissa seem to be used a lot. Mary is the only one that is never used much. But then again Rhage hasn't been used much either in recent books. I wonder is Ward thinks Rhage/Mary are not that popular to use. I like the new book because it has Rhage/Lassiter moments. Actually the new book I like in a way because every characters plays a part in it.

hugs,
Denise
Closed Thread   Post New Thread