TFTNT!
JACK♥KATE FOREVER
LOST FOREVER✈ {the end} {2004 - 2010}
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Your welcome!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm starting my re-read of HBP today I'm excited to read the last two books again as I'm finding that I remember nothing from Deathly Hallows and haven't read Half-Blood Prince for awhile. With the other books I'm planning to read, I should be able to finish these two up in good time for the first DH movie.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

I should do a reread just because, and I've only ever read DH the once
Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Supreme Fan

That's the same for me...I can't believe I haven't read it since it came out I'm really looking forward to the re-read and I'm glad I'll be finishing so close to when the movie comes out (I can't wait!)

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm doing my reread for the movie ... which might be a mistake, as I'll probably be critical as always [I know, I can't separate book from film. The trailers look so good though!! HBP was a failure in my opinion but I loved OotP...but that's another topic altogether].

I finished OotP last night and it's been years since I've read that book. Actually, it's been a few years since I read 1-5. I'm thoroughly enjoying the reread and falling in love with the series all over again.

You'll sit alone forever, if you wait for the right time. What are you hoping for?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Supreme Fan

I just started HBP, so if you start it soon we might be able to discuss as we go

I'm the same as you - I"m pretty critical of movies based on books, but I try to go easy on the HP movies because I really do think they're done really well with them.

I just love coming back to the Harry Potter books - they're ones I know I will love every time I read them and always find something new that I didn't pick up on my previous read(s).

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I'm intrested in seeing the movie. I'm glad they split it in two. I think they probably could have done that with the last three books though

I also want to go to the Harry Potter theme park. I might be able to convince my parents to go sometime this winter when the crowds are a little less (and I don't want to make the drive by myself and none of my friends want to go but my mom actually wants to see it ). Anyone here been yet?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Supreme Fan

I am so with you on going to the theme park - I was planning on going this month actually but then some unexpected stuff came up - now I'm thinking either March or next fall (we'll see how much vacation time and money I have) I really can't wait - it looks awesome and very realistic with the films.

I finished my re-read of HBP and I think I cried more at Dumbledore's death this time around than I did when I first read it. I wish they had kept the movie more similar to the book in that Dumbledore froze Harry, using the second he could have disarmed Draco to instead keep Harry safe. I also wish they would have included the part about Harry rushing back to Ron and Hermione, telling them to get other DA members and keep a lookout for Draco...I don't remember that in the film, but maybe I need to re-watch that too

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I went to the theme park in July - it was pretty cool. [I'm a bit jaded with theme parks because I lived in FL for 10 years ] But I would go back again for sure! The ride was AMAZING and I recommend it. Def. get there early and take your time with everything. Oh and the butterbeer is so tasty

I'm halfway through HBP right now; I missed a couple days' worth of reading. I love the backstory on Riddle so much. Riddle/Voldemort always fascinated me.

The book reads differently than the others. I think it's because of all the teen romance and while JK did a fine job with it, some of it causes me to have secondhand embarrassment. There's the romance and then the serious plot point.

You'll sit alone forever, if you wait for the right time. What are you hoping for?
Old 10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the underlying romantic plot going on, especially with the voice inside Harry talking about Ginny It was definitely different than the other books.

I'm glad to hear the theme park sounds like a hit I have to admit that I"m really excited to try butterbeer

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Extreme Fan

I think I took like a week reading each book. Longer for the first one because I wasn't as interested in it XD
Old 10-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
That's the same for me...I can't believe I haven't read it since it came out I'm really looking forward to the re-read and I'm glad I'll be finishing so close to when the movie comes out (I can't wait!)
Time just flew by--can't believe it's been 3+ years all ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlette (View Post)
I'm doing my reread for the movie ... which might be a mistake, as I'll probably be critical as always [I know, I can't separate book from film. The trailers look so good though!! HBP was a failure in my opinion but I loved OotP...but that's another topic altogether].
I'm really critical of the movies too so no worries there

I've never been to the US, but I would go to the HP park!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I have to admit that I"m really excited to try butterbeer
They have frozen butterbeer too, which is perfect during the summer...but you should definitely try it anyway!

I still lol at Harry's inner voice - Well, JK had to write about those teen hormones sometime XD I'm afraid to get to DH because I get a heart attack every time I read it. I'm so glad that they are breaking that book into two movies so hopefully they will do the book justice!

Quote:
I'm really critical of the movies too so no worries there
Everyone always tells me to view the book and movie as two entities but...I can't sometimes!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlette (View Post)

Everyone always tells me to view the book and movie as two entities but...I can't sometimes!
I think people gave up trying to tell me that!

I actually do view them separately in the sense that the books are awesome, and I only vaguely acknowledge the movies they look great in a purely aesthetic level, though, I'll give them that