Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But you think time works the same in the silvers/faery? Because Christian, Even Mac was in there for a bit, and there was no word on how long it had been in reality and they hadn't changed. Christian especially since he was in there much longer.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

My recollection was that time was slower in the silver/Faery. In Iced when Dani was gone she said it was like a few hours but Ryodan said she had been gone 3 weeks. That's what I assumed was referred to in the excerpt. But I am probably wrong b/c I forget a lot of about the Fae mythology.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Time is meant to be slower in faery, but when Christian was lost in the different parts of faery, he said it felt or maybe to him it had been years. But in real time it was only.. a few months? But when Cruce took Mac as Vlane to Faery to spend time with her "sister" it was only an hour, but was a month in real time.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
Time is meant to be slower in faery, but when Christian was lost in the different parts of faery, he said it felt or maybe to him it had been years. But in real time it was only.. a few months? But when Cruce took Mac as Vlane to Faery to spend time with her "sister" it was only an hour, but was a month in real time.
In Iced wasn't Christian trying to figure out how old he was? If he should count the years he was in Faery?

Maybe the Faery where V'luce took Mac = hours/days for them months/years for everyone else.

White Mansion = the same as above.

Faery where the king and the unseelie kicked it = months/years for them and days/months for everyone else.

Because I do remember Mac hearing a story about some boy being kept in a cage who sent a letter or something and years had already passed for everyone he knew. Or something.

Yeah, I really need to do a reread. I have all of the books on my old kindle so I just need to steal that back from my mom the next time I'm at her house lol.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. Maybe different parts of faery like you describe time works opposite than "normal" faery.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Elle's theory would make sense that different parts have different speeds.

Omg I love seeing Jen's signature - such a great reminder.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. That could explain it Lets just go with that explanation. I can't think of any other.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Because I do remember Mac hearing a story about some boy being kept in a cage who sent a letter or something and years had already passed for everyone he knew. Or something.
It was something in one of the Journals at the Abbey or something like that. The boy caught the attention of a Fae princess and she took him to Faery and kept in a cage and after a while pretty much forgot about him. He wrote everything down or kept a journal or something like that in case it found it way back to the human world which it did. Mac could tell that the boy was long dead which was how it made it way back to this world. That was before Mac went to Faery and she didn't realized about the time going different until she got back.

April
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess after the princess got bored of him, she tossed him back out of faery, which is how he died, or maybe he was killed there.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you remember how long Christian was stuck in the silvers/faery?

April
Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly don't remember how long he was stuck. I think it was a bit of time.

Speaking of time - how does it work around here once Burned comes out? How long do you guys like to use spoilers for? I totally forget It's been a few years since I was a mod/posted heavily.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Two weeks use spoiler tags.

Well lets see, he was lost from Halloween when his uncles and Barrons did that spell that took Christian and Barrons wherever, and Christian wound up in the silvers. SO.. October and they rescued him..well, it was Jan/Feb within Dreamfever and Shadowfever it was between March-July, because this series is set in present POV and in the beginning Mac talks about how it had been a year since she arrived in Dublin. So I guess he was in there for lets say at least 5 months real time.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

2 weeks. Thanks! My book ships on the 20th
Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Stupid to ship it then since it releases then but hopefully it won't take long to arrive, mine is being shipped on the 19th.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
Stupid to ship it then since it releases then but hopefully it won't take long to arrive, mine is being shipped on the 19th.
and that's why I hate ordering online. It ships the day it's released and unless you pay for 1 day shipping you won't get it that day.

Ok so Mac spent an afternoon in Faery and lost a month. Dani spent a day in Silvers and lost a month.

Christian...I feel like it was more than 5 months. But then again I think that sounds right.

I don't think it was that far in the summer. We know that Mac says it's been a year but that doesn't necessary mean exactly a year. Iced picks up right after SF and in Iced Dani's newspapers are dated for late May.

So Christian 5/6 months-3 years

Mac...after she "killed" the beast and got out of the silvers completely she thought it was what 2 weeks? A month? I think it was 2 weeks and in real time only 3 days.

I don't think there's any set rate how fast. I was thinking maybe something with half a day equals a month. But that math doesn't add up with Christian. At 5 months in there that would be at least 6 years. Wait...an afternoon isn't half a day...half of 6 is 3...so maybe 6 hours equals a month?

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread