Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

I only buy from amazone because I live in Germany, but only read English books and in stores around here you don´t get much so I have to order.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm really trying to save money with the wedding coming up and job insecurity, but I'm really having issues with the thought of not having Dreamfever in my hands when it comes out I might break down and buy it, but then that means I can't buy the next VA book

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 08-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

VA won´t be a problem. Blood Promise costs less than half of Dreamfever here.

I know that I won´t get it the day it comes. I´ll probably get in on the 19th because amazone only sends it on the 18th
Old 08-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

anymore teasers yet?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviekins15 (View Post)
anymore teasers yet?
There won't be anymore. Unfortunately.

Okay, im home now so i can type up the KMM interview in the RT .

Quote:
FROM KAREN:

"When can i get my advance reading copy of Dreamfever? If i had five dollars for every time i've been asked that lately, i'd buy myself a new car, LOL. Marketing the Fever series has presented a unique challenge, as Mac's tale unfolds over five books, with each of the first four installments ending on a cliffhanger of increasing emotional impact.
I feel strongly that the joy of reading, or hearing a riveting story, lies largely in discovering the tale yourself, at your own pace. There's a thrilling tension on embarking on an adventure of no assurances of what you might find.
Only then you can truly experience the joy of slipping into the heroine's skin and living it along with her. Only then you can taste her fear, share her lust, weep for her failures and celebrate her triumphs. But your denied that experience if, by the time you have the book in your hands, you've already stumbled across major plot and character spoilers everywhere you turn.
Last year, many of my readers complained that they couldn't opened e-mails or visit message boards for weeks before Faefever's release, for fear of being exposed to spoilers they didn't want to know. Many of them encountered spoilers anyway, because they hadn't been appropiately labelled. It's common practiced in the industry to circulate advance reading copies to help build buzz and increase advance orders from booksellers. It's a career risk to go ARC-less. But it's a risk i'm willing to take, rather than chance my fans having their Dreamfever experience ruined."

YOU ASKED, KAREN ANSWERED:

Will Shadowfever be the last of Mac's Adventures?
If your asking will the storyline begun in Darkfever conclude in Shadowfever, then the answer is "Yes". However, that's not to say Mac might not pop up again, in the future.

As the fever series comes to a conclusion, what are your plans for future projects? Will you continue with First-Person urban fantasies or returning to Third-Person romances with touches of paranormal and fantasy?
The five books of the Fever series lay the foundation for two additional, connected series. I will continue writing first-person urban fantasy with romantic elements.

I would like to know how you keep track of all your foreshadowing and the tiny hints you give us in your stories.
For each installment in the series, i compile the following: Character sketches of physical attributes and emotional/psychological profiles, immediate, intermediate and long-term goals; and flow charts detailing what i know and who knows what about who and what, what the characters know about who and what, and what the reader knows about who knows who and what about what and who. Whew! I have a stack of notebooks . I don't think i had any idea what i was taking on when i decided to write an urban fantasy/murder mystery that unfolded over 700,000 words and five installments, had a ever-growing cast and required complex world building.

A question i see over and over on different boards is if you will write more Highlander books. I know that you don't have any plans to do so, but it is a hot topic and hopefully one you will address. Amazon just ran a "name your top 10 best books ever" and your Highlander books were easily amongst the top five overall. So why no more of these, if they are so dang popular?

Thanks! I'm delighted to hear people love my Highlanders. And i'm sorry to the fans who are disappointed that i've not continued writing third-person romance. But i think all of the things people loved in my Highlander novels can be found in the fever series, just in a different format. There are still a few Mackeltars to keep me awake at night!

Where did you go to high school? I understand you're from Cincinnati, so i've very proud of you for representing my city. You're such a talented writer and your website is the coolest website i've ever visited.
Thanks, and a huge hi to Cincinnati - I love the town. I miss skyline chilli, Husman's potato chips and Esther Price candy, but i didn't go to school in Ohio. I attended High school in Indiana at The Immaculate Conception Academy. Although i was born in Cincinatti, we moved when i was 5, and i didn't return until i was 23. I lived near Eden Park for 10 years.

The end of Faefever was considered by some of your readers to be controversial. I know most readers, like myself, found it to be cohesive with what an Unseelie Prince would do and therefore know exactly what "we" would tell those readers. However, what would you say to those readers that found the ending to be too much?
The best way for me to answer this question is from a blog entry i wrote addressing this issue. I recieved the following in an e-mail from a reader regarding the end of Faefever.

Ms Moning. I love books. Especially paranormal ones, but i never condone rape in any form.
I'm sorry to say i will not be reading the rest of your series and i will be telling my reading buddies to do the same.

The reason this bothers me is obvious. It implies that i do condone rape. No, no and no.
This was my reply.

Dear ---, I don't condone rape in any form, either, ever. Having been attacked twice in my life, i fully understand that many emotions and ramifications. There's a thread at my message board about this very topic that sheds more insight. The scene was written gratuitously or for sexual titillation. It was what it was: The Lord Master making good on his threat to take what Mac "prized most", which was her free will, by trying to turn her pri-ya. In no way does the scene condone rape or forced intercourse, and in fact, in Mac's inner dialogue she recognizes the horror of what's happening: that she is being made to want something she desperately doesn't want.
I have no idea where you got the idea that i "condoned" rape that i wrote a scene that contained it. Many authors write about serial killers and describe graphic torchure, but i highly doubt they condone either.
Because i have strong feelings about rape, because of what the scene signified and was intended to illustrate in the overall arc of the five-book series, i wrote the scene without naming body parts , i didn't make it erotic, and i chose my words carefully.
It's sad, i agree. Mac's in a tough place right now. What i'll reiterate what i've been saying since the first book in this series came out: It's not a romance novel, or even a romance series. It's urban fantasy with a dark edge, with mystery, suspense and erotism . I've also said there will be romance in it. It hasn't happened yet. It will happen when it's time. That time is approaching. I've also repeatly assured my fans that i believe in happy endings, i do.

It makes me said to see this reader won't be around to see Mac get her happily ever after because she seems to have gotten the idea that i write about a topic, i must condone it.
Sheesh will someone go lock up the guy who writes about that serial killer Dexter?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Supreme Fan

I read that entry about the end of Faefever on her blog awhile back, and it's sad that someone actually thinks KMM condones rape because of the ending.

It's cool that she is trying to prevent spoilers at the risk of not generating as much buzz about the next book

Thanks for posting that

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

No worries, took long enough to write up

But i love that she cares about her fans, more than having people's spoilt.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

ZOMG, I haven't been in here forever. But now that DF is drawing closer (and I have more time), I'll hopefully be posting more.

Ahh, the OP is gorgeous. I just love the banner.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it is pretty!

Dreamfever is getting sooo close!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Amazone send me an e-mail that I´m actually getting it on the 18th which is totally awesome because usually they only send it on the day it comes out if you preorder something and I would have had it on the 19th.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww That's awesome.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I squeed so loud, my mom thinks I´m crazy now
Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

aweee

add me please
Old 08-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

The only thing that bugs me is that the book is gonna be a hardcover and my others are all paperbacks. It´s gonna look weird standing on my bookshelf, but there´s no way I´m gonna wait till the paperback comes out
Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

why is it gonan be diff? i shoudla started buying them hardback isnetad haha
Closed Thread   Post New Thread