Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know you are thinking the same thing.

April
Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Busted

If its the kinky kind of trouble
Old 01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Would I imagine any other kind of punishment from Barrons?

April
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not really

But, would he?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM
New Fan

Stay to the Lights, if it's ok with you I would love to know about a Fever forum. Iit takes me a good 10 minutes to make one post here because of time outs and database errors. Usually I just give up.

This is what I wanted to post. I can't believe I never noticed it when I ordered the book at Amazon, but did everyone else see this letter from Karen? She's brilliant but she sure knows how to drive her readers nuts!

Quote:
A Letter from Author Karen Marie Moning

The Fever Series is all about seeing the truths beneath the illusions and figuring out how to deal with them—or die. While investigating her sister’s murder in Dublin, MacKayla Lane discovers that beneath the beautiful surfaces of nearly everyone and everything she encounters, there’s something else entirely. From the Fae with their deadly glamour, to the siren-call of the Unseelie king’s all-powerful book of dark magic, to Mac herself who starts out young, lovely and innocent only to end up—well, you’ll have to read Shadowfever to find that out—nothing is as it seems.

When I first saw the concept art for the cover of Shadowfever, I was thrilled with how well it encapsulated the entire series in a dual design. Lift the acetate cover of Shadowfever and there’s something else beneath it: a picture of a woman whose back is to the camera (for good reasons, she doesn’t even like to look in the mirror lately) staring off in the distance at something you can’t see (and probably wouldn’t want to anyway) with a tattoo on her back of black wings, like the Unseelie king. But Mac’s human. Isn’t she?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that's interesting
The way it sounds, she is making Mac connected to the Unseelie King

I'll PM you the link
Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 AM
New Fan

Sure sounds like it. Could it be possible she's related to the UK? I doubt it but what do I know anymore? The only thing with that thought is the extreme squick factor if the synopsis for SF is not misleading when it says ..from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King If Barrons isn't the UK then I don't want her to be in the UK's bed *that way*!

You know though another thought I had on that is connected to the snippet of Just One Time. If Barrons does happen to be the UK that would make sense for the song.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The time has almost come omg that is all

☂Rae
Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't want JZB to be the UK nor do I want Mac to be related to anything fae.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Jen.

But maybe Mac is related to the concubine?

April
Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder who Mac's grandfather is. I am thinking he was part-Fae or something because it's a huge secret that Patrona took to the grave. I think originally the girls were all descended from a Fae/Human match right? It only makes sense that Mac would be all the more powerful if she was that closely descended from a half-Fae.
MTE. It would definitely explain the secrecy and Mac's strength. I'm not a fan of the idea of her being Fae though. I like her representing the humans.

Quote:
If her grandfather wasn't something big, then what was the point of bringing it up. And for that matter, who is Mac's actual father?
Excellent question. That one has been bothering me too.

Quote:
..from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King
Oh wow I hadn't heard that. Gross! Hopefully it's a metaphor, like "in bed with the enemy"? Wishful thinking?

It would be really interesting if the UK was her father, but that line seems to point elsewhere.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."
Old 01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Of course there has to be a reason why V'Lane and the other Seelie are keeping an eye on Barrons. I think it would be too easy for him to be the Unseelie King, but I've often thought he is some sort of Fae that has drank from the cup and doesn't recall his origins.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
Of course there has to be a reason why V'Lane and the other Seelie are keeping an eye on Barrons. I think it would be too easy for him to be the Unseelie King, but I've often thought he is some sort of Fae that has drank from the cup and doesn't recall his origins.

I like that theory.

But there were also 8 other men with him when he got Mac from the abbey that was like him. I wish we knew more about the silver cuff that he wears. Ryodan wears one like that too. And I bet it has something to do with what they are.

April
Old 01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

I think Barrons and his "eight" are cursed somehow, not sure to what end. I can't decide which mystery is more intriguing, what is Barrons, or what is Mac?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
I think Barrons and his "eight" are cursed somehow, not sure to what end. I can't decide which mystery is more intriguing, what is Barrons, or what is Mac?
I have the same theory too. If you want a little bit of spoilers check the Special Request page. I'm talking to someone that has read the book already.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread