Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Dreamhunter Duet #1: Step into the world of dreams

Welcome to the Dreamhunter Duet Appreciation Thread by Elizabeth Knox

"Dreamhunter"

"Laura comes from a world similar to our own except for one difference: It is next to the Place, an unfathomable land that fosters dreams of every kind and is inaccessible to all but a select few, the dreamhunters. These are individuals with the ability to catch larger-than-life dreams and relay them to audiences in the magnificent dream palace. People travel from all around to experience the benefits of the hunters’ unique visions.
Now, fifteen-year-old Laura and her cousin Rose, daughters of dreamhunters, are old enough to find out if they qualify to enter the Place. But nothing can prepare them for what they are about to discover. In the midst of a fascinating landscape, Laura’s dreamy childhood is ending, and a nightmare is beginning."

"Dreamquake"

"The dreamhunting began as a beautiful thing, when Tziga Hame discovered that he could enter the Place and share the dreams he found there with other people. But Tziga Hame has disappeared and Laura, his daughter, knows that the dreams have turned sour. The wealthy still experience sweet dreams, but the government has been using nightmares to keep the convicts obedient and content. On St. Lazarus’s Eve, when elite citizens gather in the dream palace, Laura is determined to show them the truth. She plunges them into the nightmare used to control the convicts. But as she struggles to counter the government’s sinister plans, a deeper mystery surfaces, a puzzle only Laura can unravel, a puzzle having to do with the very nature of the Place. What is the Place, after all? And what does it want from her?"

Icon by Periwinkles

Last edited by froggiepopple; 10-05-2010 at 07:19 AM
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I read the books and they were pretty good, it is a very interesting concept. The other thing I really liked about this series was that Elizabeth Knox didn't try to drag it out to three or four books. It was nicely done.
ladyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyblue (View Post)
I read the books and they were pretty good, it is a very interesting concept. The other thing I really liked about this series was that Elizabeth Knox didn't try to drag it out to three or four books. It was nicely done.
I'm reading Dreamquake right now. I love it so far. I also loved Dreamhunter.

Icon by Periwinkles
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread