Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bought Wuthering Heights a couple of months ago but just haven't found the time to read it.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've had Saul Bellow's Dean's December since forever, but I never quite got around to reading it. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Princess Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Mynois16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have two books based on the TV series Dark Angel that I haven't read yet. I plan to, but I keep getting distracted by other books.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Addicted Fan

I only have a few on my To Read list atm. I try not to buy too many books at a time. Waiting on my shelf right now: Middlesex, The Pianist, Utopia and The Lovely Bones

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
xallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angelface211:
<STRONG>I bought Wuthering Heights a couple of months ago but just haven't found the time to read it.</STRONG>
I'm yet to finish it. It's a brilliant book, though.

I bought "Bleachers" by John Grisham and "The Dante Club" by Matthew Pearl and I'm so mad because I don't have time with college textbooks. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

The Hours, by Michael Cunningham. I bought it about a year ago because I wanted to see the movie and the book bored me to death.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Total Fan

Count of Monte Cristo, Great Gatsby, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Flagg, Why Girls Are Weird by Ribon, Small Town Girl by Spencer and Otherwise Engaged by Finnamore...just to name a few. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Bessie-lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

The Tower Room, which my sister keeps on recommending to me to read but I just can't seem to get round to reading it! Hopefully soon...I also haven't read Sophie's World yet - I need time to digest that one! - and Book 6 of LoTR.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

The Lady in the Tower, by Jean Plaidy. It's a fictional autobiography of Anne Boleyn. I started to read it, and it's really interesting, but it requires one to sit down and really get into it, but I haven't had that kind of time lately.
Spooky Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

I have about two and half shelf sections filled with books that I haven't read yet and I still buy more. I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:54 PM
New Fan

I have a list a mile long of books I want to read so when I find them at a great deal I buy them...but then I can never find the time to read them cause of my classes and work. Among them are "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" and "The Golden Compass." Some how I have a lot of classics too...I had such good intentions at one time...what happened? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Does any one else feel..."sorry" for a book when it sits all lonely and unopened on the bookshelf? [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]
LupaNoctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Total Fan

BattleTech: The Jade Falcon Trilogy, The Millionaires; a whole host of others. That's not counting the dozen or so library items...
Old 01-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is really sad I know but I have probably close to 100 books to read that I can't get to. The problem is I keep buying and buying and I don't think I will ever break even. There's a list of about 40 books that I really really want to get to but that's been the case for the last two years. I think the main problem is I will just randomly start reading a book that isn't on that list and just not get to them. Wow, I'm so glad I got that off my chest. This is like therapy.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have a Lord of the Rings set waiting to be read, it's been there since just after Christmas when I finally saw Return of the King at the cinema. I've also got a bunch of those Star Wars books that were written in the mid-late 90s that never got read [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Chandler in a box is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread