Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Books Links Thread #1

This is a thread where we post links to book related websites.

Whichbook.com

Quote:
Whichbook gives readers an enjoyable and intuitive way to find books to match their mood.
FictionDB.com

Quote:
Find complete author book lists (bibliographies)
Discover books in a series
Read descriptions of individual books
Search over 250,000 titles using multiple criteria
Keep track of what you're reading
LibraryThing.com

Quote:
LibraryThing is an online service to help people catalog their books easily. You can access your catalog from anywhere—even on your mobile phone. Because everyone catalogs together, LibraryThing also connects people with the same books, comes up with suggestions for what to read next, and so forth.
WhatShouldIReadNext.com

Quote:
Enter a book you like and the site will analyse our database of real readers' favourite books (over 65,000 and growing) to suggest what you could read next.
GoodReads.com

Quote:
Get great book recommendations from people you know.
Keep track of what you've read and what you'd like to read.
Form a book club, answer book trivia, collect your favorite quotes.
LitLovers.com

Quote:
We're dedicated to books and book clubs—because both enrich our lives. We've got great resources to enhance your book club experience. Whether you're selecting books, or thinking & talking about them, LitLovers is the place to come.
BookFinder.com

Quote:
BookFinder.com is a one-stop ecommerce search engine that searches over 150 million books for sale—new, used, rare, out-of-print, and textbooks. We save you time and money by searching every major catalog online, and letting you know which booksellers are offering the best prices and selection. When you find a book you like, you can buy it directly from the original seller; we never charge a markup.
LazyLibrary.com

Quote:
Welcome to the LazyLibrary, where you can find books on any topic without having to worry about high page counts. If it's over 200 pages, you won't even see it. Read all about anything, in less time, for (usually) less money.
Project Gutenberg.org

Quote:
Free public domain ebooks. Mostly classics, but there are some books that have gone out of copyright by other means and there are some Creative Commons books on there too.
Librivox.org

Quote:
A companion site to Project Gutenberg. Free public domain audiobooks. Some of the readers are bit annoying, but I use this all the time to get books to listen to while I go for a walk.
Paperback Swap.com

Quote:
If you have books you don't want anymore and they are in good shape (there's posting rules you can read on the site to guide you), you can swap them for books you do want. You pay postage and get credits for books you send, which you use to request books. Unfortunately, this one is U.S. only.
BookMooch.com

Quote:
Another book trading site, but this one is international and you can post books in almost any condition.
I hope these links are useful to you in someway. If you have any to post, feel free to let me know and I'll add it to the OP! Enjoy!

Last edited by Tina; 10-16-2009 at 09:34 AM
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

What does everyone think? I personally love GoodReads. You can do a lot on that website -- for free!

Does anyone have any they would like to post?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Supreme Fan

I love the Lazy Library

I really don't go to many book sites, but I love a lot of the links you posted!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

Yes, that a good website for people who have little time to spare!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Supreme Fan

I had a goodreads account but I never updated it or anything like that. It's probably still floating out there in the ether somewhere. I never remember to update sites like that. I think they're great for people that use them, but they've never really been for me.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I love LibraryThing. I've had a paid account since the beginning and I use it to keep track of my book collection. I even export my database to my Palm so I don't end up buying duplicates. I also have a GoodReads account, which I use to keep track of the books I've read.

Other great book web sites:
Project Gutenberg: Free public domain ebooks. Mostly classics, but there are some books that have gone out of copyright by other means and there are some Creative Commons books on there too.

Librivox: A companion site to Project Gutenberg. Free public domain audiobooks. Some of the readers are bit annoying, but I use this all the time to get books to listen to while I go for a walk.

Paperback Swap If you have books you don't want anymore and they are in good shape (there's posting rules you can read on the site to guide you), you can swap them for books you do want. You pay postage and get credits for books you send, which you use to request books. Unfortunately, this one is U.S. only.

BookMooch Another book trading site, but this one is international and you can post books in almost any condition.
Soz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Angel: Aw, that sucks. Well, at least you have a good memory of what books you got. I don't sometimes, so, that website is very helpful.
Thanks for those, Soz! I've added them to the op.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know where to post this but I know I wanted to post this at the Books Forum. It's an amazing story. Gorgeous photography. I know you'll enjoy it. I did!

Phillip Toledano - Days with My Father

It's a short story and to navigate the story, move your mouse point to the bottom of the picture and click. The story continues like this.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

I'm loving BookMooch right now! I've gotten several books from there and sent others out, so great!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone have a user name to any of the websites I posted in the OP? Maybe we can all friend each other?

I have a goodreads account if anyone is interested.
Tina's Goodreads
Old 06-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I went and got one too

Sarah's Goodreads

Last edited by crash landing; 06-29-2010 at 07:43 AM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's cool.

Anyone else?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like it
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Here are mine:

Chen (Israel) : member bio

Desultory - Rehovot, 02, Israel (218 books)
Old 07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Alright, I finally "restarted" my Goodreads account. Peer pressure
I don't know how often I'll update it, but here I am:
Goodreads: Lauren
Reply   Post New Thread