Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Book Collectors: So, what have you got?

This thread is for posters who love to read and also collect books. Small collections or large collections, everybody is welcome.

Can you name all of your books or at least put a number to them?

If somebody looked at your books would they know anything about you other than that you read alot?

Older books, new books, or a combination of both?

~Chrissy~
Old 09-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm... i must say that i have more than 400 books in my library already most of these are books from when i was younger, the sweet valley series & also the baby sitters club ones

i also have a few newer books, and im extremely addicted to manga as well!
*starr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Supreme Fan

I think at last count I have 790 books. But that was a while back. Most of them are new books, although I have a large number of classics. You would be able to tell that I love science fiction, series, and martial arts philosophy if you looked at my collection. But I'm a pretty eclectic reader, I have Ernest Hemmingway next to Robert Jordan.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

it would be clear I love to read novels, chick lit, Star Wars books, and I love fashion/art/art history. I also have books from when I was a kid, like The Baby-sitters Club and American Girl series.
i've never counted how many books I have.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

I've never really considered myself a "collector" - I just read a lot so I've got a lot of books. I do have a small collection of autographed copies, which I really treasure.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Honestly, I have no clue how many books I have...I don't think I've ever counted. I used to organize them all alpha by author's last name, but then I ran out of room on my shelves and now they're just all over the place. I really should get another bookcase one of these days and clean my room.

Would anyone know anything about me seeing my book collection? Hm. They would probably know my favorite authors and they could probably figure out that I really love art because I have so many art-related books.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

I collect anthologies. I just love them. I also collect the following authors (by collection I'm only counting books that I own more than 5 of and they're not all in a series):

Louis LAmour
Sidney Sheldon
Piers Anthony
Deborah Smith
Amy Tan
Nora Roberts
Mercedes Lackey

I mostly have romance and fantay in my book collection. I do have novels and mysteries and action as well but it's mostly romance and fantasy. I'd like to start collecting Terry Pratchett and more manga. I want more manga.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I have a ton of books of just about everthing, but V.C. Andrews and Dean Koontz and Laurel Hamilton dominate it.
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Addicted Fan

I got ALL of Nicholas Sparks books. Some signed books. And some other gay fic books. In all i maybe have 50ish books

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Absolute Fan

I have way way too many!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I have a passion for old books. That is obvious from viewing my colelction. I got rid of most of my books from when I was growing up by giving them to other little girls to read. My favorite book as a child, or at least the one I remember reading most often, was The Adventures of Digby and Kate which was the only book I saved from my childhood until my ex's youngest sister started kindergarten and I helped her learn to read and I gave that book to her. I don't know how many books I have currently.

I got twelve more old books yesterday I usually list titles, authors, and print dates in my LJ when I get good old books. I stupidly passed up a printing of "Paradise Lost" yesterday because I couldn't remember if I had bought it the weekend before at another old book sale. Ironically, I hadn't bought it the previous weekend because I thought I already owned it. Two great editions and neither of them are in my library now. I was so mad when I came home and didn't have a single copy of it.

When I get a place of my own I'm going to line the walls with bookshelves and then arrange my collection by genre and then alphabetically by authors last name within each genre. My books currently have no order because they are packed in a giant tote ready for my move this week. I think I'm going to open that tote and at least alphabetize by last name. i cannot stand disorder of books.

~Chrissy~
Old 09-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh, I just thought of a new collection that I have that I am really proud of and that is my classic science fiction collection. I love the older science fiction so this is what I have:
"Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" Philip K. Dick
"Fahrenheit 451" Ray Bradbury
"Dune" Frakn Herbert (Also, Children of Dune, Dune Heretic, and Dune Messiah)
"Starship Troopers" Robert A. Heinlen
"1984" George Orwell

Alright, so I know it's not a huge collection of classic sci-fi, but I'm still proud of it, because very few people have Philip. K. Dick in their collection.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

I don't really consider myself a collector, but I'd love to start collecting books properly.
I still have quite a few books from when I was little, like Dr Seuss and those 'Little Golden Books'.
Other than that I guess I just have a whole bunch of random novels. I have about 30 or so fantasy novels from my obsession a few years back.
I'm trying to collect some of the 'cult classics'. I have some like 'A Clockwork Orange' and 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have a lot of books, but all the ones from when I was younger (which is a lot) I give to my younger sister- who doesn't like to read. We're such opposites- becuase I LOVE reading!! So fun. I keep a lot of my books, but if I don't really like a book, I'll give it away, or sell it. But I don't buy books that I don't like very often- kinda defeats the point. Most of the books I buy I'll also read over and over, making it so I don't wanna part with them.
#1_fan_of_Lauren_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

I collect lots of books - I have a thing for buying all the books in a series or by an author if I like the series/author, i.e. Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables, Sophie Kinsella books, etc.
fallfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread